THE BROWNS BOARD

BE to Giants trade dead?

BuckeyeDawg

And has already been discussed in the plethora of Edwards trade threads.....

Im sorry I didn't see it anywhere posted. This article wasn't posted on espn until about 20 min before I put it here. Sorry just trying to give people some info that is being put out there.

Edit: I guess the article was just updated then

I think many have Edwards overvalued.

I think the 2nd and 5th sounds about right for the guy.

At this point in his career you still don't know what you are going to get. That leaves some risk. If a team is going to stick it's neck out on a risky receiver, they are going to do so in the draft.

We want to move Edwards, take the 2nd and 5th if push comes to shove.

JMO

The Giants 2nd round pick is almost a 3rd round pick, and a 5th rounder. BE is worth a little more than that, if they do not want to give up the 1 and 3 for him then they can suffer this year with a rookie. We will still have BE, he will play his heart out because of contract year and we can lookat guys like Dez Bryant next year, or what ever freeagents. We wil be ok either way, there are other teams out there just as bad off as we are.

I think the Giants have 2 second rounders.....but maybe not.

none the less...we place to much value on Edwards.

JMO

Time for golf.....pick this tonight if need be.

I think the Giants have 2 second rounders.....but maybe not.

none the less...we place to much value on Edwards.

JMO

Time for golf.....pick this tonight if need be.

good luck. hell will be breaking loose tomorrow , so get your rest tonight.

At this point in his career you still don't know what you are going to get. That leaves some risk. If a team is going to stick it's neck out on a risky receiver, they are going to do so in the draft.

JMO

I want what your smoking cause it must be good. You must be crazy to think the browns would take the same picks as they got for trading Winslow. Edwards isnt a cancer and didnt get into a nearly career ending motorcycle accident. Edwards was a third overall pick. On Nfl network they compared Bouldin and Edwards stats over the last two years and all though Bouldin had more catches, Edwards had more receiving yards. TDs were about the same. I say if the Browns dont get Kiwanuka and at least a third then the Giants dont get Edwards period the end. Edwards is a great receiver and the browns should Stay their ground.

JMO

I don't think we have him over rated. The trade needs to have a first round pick involved, he may be a head case but he still a first round head case.

The positive thing about all this trade talk involving BE is that he has been able to keep his mouth shut. As fans we all get excited over the next best thing, a 1st and 3rd is a far cry from a 2nd and 5th. And all the people who said trade him before for a 1st and 3rd including me are balking at the idea of a 2nd and 5th.

Now DA to Detroit for a 2nd and 5th is what i'm talking about ;)

I honestly think a 1st & 3rd is too much for Edwards, I don't know if more fans are going off the real value of Edwards or what the Browns need from the draft.

If a probowl LT goes for a 1st & 4th in Peters, how can a WR go for more?! Since when is a WR more valuable than a LT?

Edwards is a great player and game changer when he's on, but when he's not he can also lose games on his own. He has had 1 really good season out of 4... everyone says look at the QBs throwing to him, who did Calvin Johnson have throwing to him last year? I don't think Edwards is a top 5 WR in the leauge or 10 (might be pushing it a little)...

Franchise him...yea, if noone is giving a 1st & a 3rd for him now or Boldin who is arguably a better reciever at least numbers wise, what makes you think they'll give it when he's franchised and costing a wholeee lot more... the only way is if he has 2007 type numbers again. Cowboys got completely hosed in the trade for Roy Williams, you can't go off that.

The question is if he's going to sign long term, if not get rid of him and start building the WR corps now who is going to be here when the Browns are ready to win. Whats the point of losing him a year or 2 from now when the team is ready to win then no WRs

"If a probowl LT goes for a 1st & 4th in Peters, how can a WR go for more?! Since when is a WR more valuable than a LT?"

To anwser your question ClevelandHomer a WR is worth a 1st & 3rd when he is a game changer. Edwards is without a doubt a game changer. Yes he did have a bad year but not trying to make excuses for him but he looked good in preseason until his injury. After that injury he pressed to much to try and get back. A 1st & 3rd is a bit much but Edwards is worth every bit of it. The browns should try and get a 1st & conditional 3rd. Ill take the risk that Edwards puts up next year.

Apparently Kiwi is not coming to Cleveland. I think that was made pretty clear. But NY is going to have to offer more than a 2nd and 5th! I somewhat agree that a 1st and 3rd is a bit much, but swithing that 2nd & 5th to a 1st & 5th would get the deal done for me! If the Browns balk at that, then maybe NY could throw in a late pick next year. I think that would be fair trade. But BE is a lot more valuable and has more upside than Winslow! We can't take what amounts to a worse deal, given that the Giants pick almost last in each round.

Eli Manning was raving about BE. We should not go for anything below a 1st and 3rd ... considering that both the picks are so below in scale.

Also we are NOT Overvaluing BE. There are not too many WR's with his athleticism.

And if NY wants to go with a rookie and wait till he matures then let them. By the time the rookie gets to page the rest of the team will get older and some might need replacement again and hence they have to wait longer until those guys are replaced. Giants are a team that is 1 or 2 piece away from being a playoff winners and hence they have more at stake with less time in their hands. We are in rebuilding mode and can wait with nothing to lose.

2 2's, 5th + a reciever. 2nd + 5th this year, plus 2nd next year + Hixon. With 3 #2's Cleveland can easily trade back into the 1st.

what language is that?

This trade is dead....UNTIL Crabtree and Maclin are off the board. When that happens this trade will be reborn and the Browns will likely get the 29th pick and a player.

I want what your smoking cause it must be good. You must be crazy to think the browns would take the same picks as they got for trading Winslow.

Haven't smoked anything like that since 69 and I don't think I am crazy.

Edwards is asking for big bucks....teams aren't that interested in investing high picks and big bucks in a player who is a nice player, but clearly not an elite player. He isn't a top 5 receiver.

I have a feeling the guy isn't going anywhere unless he decides to take about 4.75 mil a year or we come off the 1st round demand(or the 1st round and something else...I could see the Giants maybe going for just the #29 pick)

The two high demands are what will scare people off.

I hope I am wrong.

Why trade a proven commodity. Yes he had a bad year last year but is he that bad of a reciever? Does he cause that many issues to warrant getting rid of him? I remeber seeing in a magazine him visiting a chidrens hospital during 2007 season. Hes a good guy!!! This is the kind of players we want on our team good character guys. I agree that our asking price is too step but thats cause we know his worth.

Perhaps this is a physiological tactic.

Edwards wants out because maybe he feels we don't value him. We are purposely asking for the moon for him to show him how much we value him.

That's a big HUGE reach I know, I'm just throwing it out there...

We're asking what Dallas got for Williams and we can't get anything cl;ose. May make BE realize he ain't worth what he thought he is worth

Lol its not that hard to understand guys...

Arizona reportedly lowered their asking price for Boldin to a 2nd rd pick

Hell, I'd consider give them our #5 for Boldin. We were considering Crabtree and were going to pay him close to what Boldin wants.

But what they said was a 2nd and other considerations. Meaning a 2nd and a player or other picks, maybe even picks next year.

Hell, I'd consider give them our #5 for Boldin. We were considering Crabtree and were going to pay him close to what Boldin wants.

But what they said was a 2nd and other considerations. Meaning a 2nd and a player or other picks, maybe even picks next year.

how about a 2nd and DA - they'll need a qb when Kurt Warner retires in a couple years.....

Archived