THE BROWNS BOARD

"Top Ten Draft Busts"

Mr. T

Top Ten Draft Busts  

16 members have voted

1. 1. After Stallworth retires will he make it into the top 10 draft Busts?

• Yes, Stallworth will he spends more time partying than on a football field.
    • No, stallworth fullfilled his worth as a First Round Pick

I shouldn't of been shocked while watching NFL Network , they were showing the top ten draft busts. Couch was on there. :lol: And it looks as if Savage repeated history here. Thats one of the reasons why he is gone.

I shouldn't of been shocked while watching NFL Network , they were showing the top ten draft busts. Couch was on there. :lol: And it looks as if Savage repeated history here. Thats one of the reasons why he is gone.

Not having the NFL Network or seeing the list, I can't agree with Couch being on there. The Browns threw that kid under the bus with literally NO line, poor running game & not much in the way of receivers. Unless I'm mistaken, he STILL may have been the most productive QB we have had since the "return". IMHO, Couch wasn't the bust...where he played & what he was surrounded with was. No, he wasn't great, but I've seen a whole lot worse!

What period of time did that list cover & who else was on it?

Mike

Not having the NFL Network or seeing the list, I can't agree with Couch being on there. The Browns threw that kid under the bus with literally NO line, poor running game & not much in the way of receivers. Unless I'm mistaken, he STILL may have been the most productive QB we have had since the "return". IMHO, Couch wasn't the bust...where he played & what he was surrounded with was. No, he wasn't great, but I've seen a whole lot worse!

What period of time did that list cover & who else was on it?

Mike

I liked Couch to, he took more hits than any QB ever. he was hit more times than any normal QB in 10 seasons.

Stallworth should replace Couch in that category. Stallworth has never lived up to his potential.

I liked Couch to, he took more hits than any QB ever. he was hit more times than any normal QB in 10 seasons.

Stallworth should replace Couch in that category. Stallworth has never lived up to his potential.

Tim-Couch---Dawn-of-a-New-Era--C10016622.jpeg

Dawn of a new era all right, the crappy football playing era. ;)

I liked Couch personally, he had it rough, with not alot of talent around him.

What a worthless thread.

Come on, T. You may not like the guy, but Stallworth isn't even in the top 250 all-time NFL busts. Let alone the loaded-ass poll questions, killing any validity this stupid-ass poll had in the first place.

Here's a list of 1st round picks from the Washington Post. I've conveniently bolded the ones I believe were bigger busts than Stallworth. And this is only 10 years of dudes, and only WRs.

Again, what a worthless fcuking thread.

2007 (6)

Player School Team Pick

Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech Lions 2

Ted Ginn Jr. Ohio State Dolphins 9

Dwayne Bowe LSU Chiefs 23

Robert Meachem Tennessee Saints 27

Craig Davis LSU Chargers 30

Anthony Gonzalez Ohio State Colts 32

2006 (1)

Santonio Holmes Ohio State Steelers 25

2005 (6)

Braylon Edwards Michigan Browns 3

Troy Williamson South Carolina Vikings 7

Mike Williams USC Lions 10

Matt Jones Arkansas Jaguars 21

Mark Clayton Oklahoma Ravens 22

Roddy White Ala.-Birm. Falcons 27

2004 (7)

Larry Fitzgerald Pitt Cardinals 3

Roy Williams Texas Lions 7

Reggie Williams Washington Jaguars 9

Lee Evans Wisconsin Bills 13

Michael Clayton LSU Bucs 15

Michael Jenkins Ohio State Falcons 29

Rashaun Woods Oklahoma State 49ers 31

2003 (3)

Charles Rogers Michigan State Lions 2

Andre Johnson Miami Texans 3

Bryant Johnson Penn State Cardinals 17

2002 (3)

Donte' Stallworth Tennessee Saints 13

Ashley Lelie Hawaii Broncos 19

Javon Walker Florida State Packers 20

2001 (6)

David Terrell Michigan Bears 8

Koren Robinson N.C. State Seahawks 9

Rod Gardner Clemson Redskins 15

Santana Moss Miami Jets 16

Freddie Mitchell UCLA Eagles 25

Reggie Wayne Miami Colts 30

2000 (5)

Peter Warrick Florida State Bengals 4

Plaxico Burress Michigan State Steelers 8

Travis Taylor Florida Ravens 10

Sylvester Morris Jackson State Chiefs 21

R. Jay Soward USC Jaguars 29

1999 (3)

Torry Holt N.C. State Rams 6

David Boston Ohio State Cardinals 8

Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech Steelers 13

1998 (3)

Kevin Dyson Utah Oilers 16

Randy Moss Marshall Vikings 21

Marcus Nash Tennessee Broncos 30

What a worthless thread.

Come on, T. You may not like the guy, but Stallworth isn't even in the top 250 all-time NFL busts. Let alone the loaded-ass poll questions, killing any validity this stupid-ass poll had in the first place.

Here's a list of 1st round picks from the Washington Post. I've conveniently bolded the ones I believe were bigger busts than Stallworth. And this is only 10 years of dudes, and only WRs.

Again, what a worthless fcuking thread.

2007 (6)

Player School Team Pick

Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech Lions 2

Ted Ginn Jr. Ohio State Dolphins 9

Dwayne Bowe LSU Chiefs 23

Robert Meachem Tennessee Saints 27

Craig Davis LSU Chargers 30

Anthony Gonzalez Ohio State Colts 32

2006 (1)

Santonio Holmes Ohio State Steelers 25

2005 (6)

Braylon Edwards Michigan Browns 3

Troy Williamson South Carolina Vikings 7

Mike Williams USC Lions 10

Matt Jones Arkansas Jaguars 21

Mark Clayton Oklahoma Ravens 22

Roddy White Ala.-Birm. Falcons 27

2004 (7)

Larry Fitzgerald Pitt Cardinals 3

Roy Williams Texas Lions 7

Reggie Williams Washington Jaguars 9

Lee Evans Wisconsin Bills 13

Michael Clayton LSU Bucs 15

Michael Jenkins Ohio State Falcons 29

Rashaun Woods Oklahoma State 49ers 31

2003 (3)

Charles Rogers Michigan State Lions 2

Andre Johnson Miami Texans 3

Bryant Johnson Penn State Cardinals 17

2002 (3)

Donte' Stallworth Tennessee Saints 13

Ashley Lelie Hawaii Broncos 19

Javon Walker Florida State Packers 20

2001 (6)

David Terrell Michigan Bears 8

Koren Robinson N.C. State Seahawks 9

Rod Gardner Clemson Redskins 15

Santana Moss Miami Jets 16

Freddie Mitchell UCLA Eagles 25

Reggie Wayne Miami Colts 30 WTF

2000 (5)

Peter Warrick Florida State Bengals 4

Plaxico Burress Michigan State Steelers 8

Travis Taylor Florida Ravens 10

Sylvester Morris Jackson State Chiefs 21

R. Jay Soward USC Jaguars 29

1999 (3)

Torry Holt N.C. State Rams 6

David Boston Ohio State Cardinals 8

Troy Edwards Louisiana Tech Steelers 13

1998 (3)

Kevin Dyson Utah Oilers 16

Randy Moss Marshall Vikings 21

Marcus Nash Tennessee Broncos 30

your list has a lot of guys fantasy football players on it and you think Stallworth is more valuable than these guys?

Whats so funny about your list is you have Braylon Edwards on it and he is the Number ! guy in front of Stallworth and teams are wanting to trade for him.

Get off the crack son.

Stallworth has been trouble since he came into the league, he has never completed a season withut an injury. I believe thi has more to do with his lifestyle than his actual ability. He's the guy who's calling in sick every monday with the hangover. You know the types. Full potential to knock the world dead but they have that one hang-up.

Look at your list Asss, you even have Moss as a bust Mr. i love my reefer so I live in an old folks haousing development so no one bothers me. He to has admitted his drug use. Look it up sports illustrated article .

The whole point of this thread is Character matters, yes in my opinion Couch doesn't belong on the list, he was brought in without any talent or protection around him, and still look what he was able to achieve. His character problems came after being cut and trying to make it back into the league. (hgh use)

So mz the pussy if you dont like it then go back into your hole.

he gets to play with former playmate of the year heather kozar (his wife). how did this loser get her?

You must have forgotten how much money he made :)

I wouldn't call Couch a loser. He had a horrible offensive line and took a pounding but competed all game, every game. That isn't a loser to me.

I wouldn't call Couch a loser. He had a horrible offensive line and took a pounding but competed all game, every game. That isn't a loser to me.

i did think that the money had something to do with it. i guess i should have mentioned it. i say he is a loser because he had to do steroids to get back in the nfl and still got cut. also i call him a loser because i am jealous.

T:what are you talking about??? You said Stallworth was a top 10 all-time bust. I proved you incredibly wrong, then you talk about asses, fantasy football and Braylon Edwards? Did you even read the post?????? Show me where I listed Randy Moss as a bust??? Jesus.

I would, Like I said before, where is he playing now!? Poeple don't even want him to hold there clip board.

Couch is a loser!

Couch was picked too high. But a bust?

On a shitty team, with no running game except what he provided, he beat the Steelers twice in his first two years. As a fan, I can not equate Couch with Ryan Leaf.

Or Jeff George. Or Gerrard Warren.

On the playoff run, couch routinely beat teams with winning records. During the 2007 season, DA struggled and lost against winning teams.

Couch showed a lot more moxy than DA ever did.

Archived