THE BROWNS BOARD

McShay now says the Browns are drafting......

Oldcrow1945

B.J. Raji.....He just changed his pick.

I said this some time ago in another thread but it seemed a lot of people on this site thought he couldn't play DE in a 3-4.

I absolutely love the thought of him and Rogers side by side. Those two together and then the thought of bringing a linebacker on blitzes from that same side could cause all kinds of havoc for a defense.

I have a feeling that this is going to be their pick.

I'd rather Raji than any WR.

Bayliss was just trashing Crabtree. No breakaway speed, coming off an injury, only 6'1", etc, etc. I'm not sure I agree, but WR's at the top are notoriously risky.

D-lineman often take a year or two develop, but with Rodgers around Raji wouldn't have to carry the mail by himself with constant double teams.

I like it.

Is it a fact he has smoked in the past?

I know they announced that the reports of him testing positive at the combine are false. Only Tate and Harvin tested positive is what I heard.

Why can't these kids get ahold of some synthetic urine like everyone else?

I was going to post the same thing but then i got high, but then i got high, but then i got high ba dab dd dd dd. then i got high.

Any chance Raji could be had at 12?

There is a chance. The only team I see drafting him ahead of Denver's pick is possibly Green Bay.

At this point from everything I've been reading around the web I would say Tyson Jackson is a more likely pick than Raji. I think both are under serious consideration, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Jackson, depending on how 1-4 and the trade situation plays out.

i still don't understand why we would do this. we have rodgers. would raji be moved to de?

We'd show a lot of 4 man fronts and I'm sure Raji would just rotate with Rogers otherwise.

We'd show a lot of 4 man fronts and I'm sure Raji would just rotate with Rogers otherwise.

I wouldn't mind maybe Raji at NT for the 1st half of games and Rogers for the 2nd half, the opposing O-line would be dead by the 3rd quarter.

Guest Aloysius
Is it a fact he has smoked in the past?

I know they announced that the reports of him testing positive at the combine are false. Only Tate and Harvin tested positive is what I heard.

From what I've heard, the issue is that the info on Raji's past failed drug tests comes from the official report the league passed out to teams. And for legal reasons, that information can't be publicly divulged.

Still, some of the stuff has gotten out. That's why Todd McShay was saying that Raji's stock was sliding due to character concerns before the Combine drug test report came out. And it's why so many people were willing to believe what turned out to be an inaccurate report.

There are also concerns about Raji keeping his weight down. And I'm sure teams are asking him about this incident:

In addition, O'Brien said junior defensive tackle B.J. Raji, a 6-foot-1-inch, 340-pounder, will miss the first half against Clemson, as per ACC rules governing the ejection of players for fighting. Raji was ejected and hit with a 15-yard personal foul when he threw a punch at an unidentified Central Michigan player after quarterback Dan LeFevour scored on a 2-yard run to pull the Chippewas within 7 with 3:55 to go.

"He threw a punch Thursday night, which constitutes fighting, and I was notified by the ACC that he'll be ineligible to play the first half this weekend," said O'Brien, who will start 6-1, 270-pound sophomore Keith Willis.

Rogers would supposedly be moved to DE if Raji is the pick.

shouldn't raji be the de? he is faster than rodgers plus rodgers already knows the position in the pros. raji already has to learn a new position because nts in the pros are different than in college. he'd might as well learn an entirely new position.

shouldn't raji be the de? he is faster than rodgers plus rodgers already knows the position in the pros. raji already has to learn a new position because nts in the pros are different than in college. he'd might as well learn an entirely new position.

Yeah theres no way in hell Rogers plays DE in a 3-4.

Guys Rogers would move to end, plain and simple.

Guarantee you he would be one happy fat man even at the thought of getting more snaps on the outside.

Thinking about a line of Robaire, Raji, Rogers and Wimpley/Hall/Sintim--English etc. is very intriguing.

However, if this guy is a nob like Crabtree and with his baggage, you probably have to cross him off the list.

BTW, I'm listening to these tools from WKNR bagging on Mangini for calling out Crabs for being a prima donna and overall jackass. The same guys who would whine and cry if he was drafted and turned into another Charles Rogers or Chad Johnson.

Guys Rogers would move to end, plain and simple.

Guarantee you he would be one happy fat man even at the thought of getting more snaps on the outside.

Thinking about a line of Robaire, Raji, Rogers and Wimpley/Hall/Sintim--English etc. is very intriguing.

However, if this guy is a nob like Crabtree and with his baggage, you probably have to cross him off the list.

BTW, I'm listening to these tools from WKNR bagging on Mangini for calling out Crabs for being a prima donna and overall jackass. The same guys who would whine and cry if he was drafted and turned into another Charles Rogers or Chad Johnson.

Yes, Rogers would move to DE. So, I just don't get why we don't keep Rogers at NT...and instead draft Tyson Jackson to be the 3-4 DE, given Raji's checkered past.

Did I miss something? Mangini ripped on Crabtree?

I'm assuming you're listening to the Tony Rizzo show, Tony was actually defending Mangini while the other asshats were calling him a whiner for not liking Crabtree because he's "not nice" And tony's point was that we had enough premadonna crap from Edwards and Winslow we don't need to add another one.

I admit, I was really high on crabtree but not anymore. These reports have really cooled me off a bit.

Yeah, read between the lines and Mangini thinks he's a punk, unless this is one of the biggest charades ever. It coincides exactly with the reports that we just heard. Actually, he sounds like a much bigger dbag than Braylons or Kellens. I don't think either one is that bad as far as a person goes, but it sounds like crabs is just a douche of a person.

Let's see, bad character, attitude and a risky WR pick anyways?

I'll pass. This also coincides with me thinking the browns have liked Maclin better all along. Basically, Crabs just confirmed to them they were right when he visited.

Yes, Rizzo's henchmen are asshats to be sure.

Shoot.....seems like half the time last year we played a 4 man front.

I would rather have Raji with his hand on the ground than i would Wimp.

Plus....Raji is a long term answer on the nose. There still has to be a little something with Mangini and Rogers.

What's up with that chick in the studio? It doesn't seem like she is even interested in sports let alone intelligent enough to make any serious proclamations about the game. perhaps she has a nice rack and the guys just like to stare at them.

I heard Trivisonno talk about this....It is now "The thing" in radio. You have to have a chick on the air with you.

Don't ask me why. But that's the way it is I guess.

Maybe following in the Bob and Tom Steps? I don't know.

WOOHOOO! I hit 1,000!!!

Damn, I need to get a life.

I heard Trivisonno talk about this....It is now "The thing" in radio. You have to have a chick on the air with you.

Don't ask me why. But that's the way it is I guess.

Maybe following in the Bob and Tom Steps? I don't know.

WOOHOOO! I hit 1,000!!!

Damn, I need to get a life.

I heard Triv say that too. He gets the ratings thing, it's why he doesn't just talk sports.

Since the FO and coaches haven't said anything about anybody, how can they say Mangini or anybody else from the Browns commented about Crabtree and his character. Also, if they don't like Crabtree's character then they certainly won't like all the baggage Raji brings with him.

I wouldn't care about Raji but my concern would be; you draft him and you still don't have a pass rush and an offensive weapon. Knowing that the Brown's biggest needs are OLB, WR, Safety and Center, I don't think there's a chance in hell Raji is the guy.

Let's see, know that everybody in the top 10 has been dissed by someone for something, who do you pick?

They've said:

Curry - a LB that isn't a pass rusher isn't worth a top 5 pick, so they say. He'd be best suited as a 4-3 SOLB or 3-4 SILB.

Crabtree - Bad foot, bad route runner, doesn't have top end speed, acts like a prima donna.

Raji - Has problems keeping weight under control, drug problems at BC, attitude problems.

Orakpo - takes plays off, question about converting to to 3-4 OLB, injury problems

Both QBs - are jrs, not ready for NFL, neither can come in and start. QBs are always a risk

Maclin - not NFL ready, Maualuga - immature, attitude, Jenkins - top end speed ?

and on, and on, and on, and on....................................

This is getting to be a bunch of bullshit. Nobody is worth it...................................

On the other hand most say Curry is the best all around LB and NFL ready player in the draft, Crabtree is a stud and the hardest worker they have ever seen, Raji is a beast that is unmovable in the middle, Orakpo is the best pass rusher in the draft and has played in some 3-4 sets at Texas and did great, the QBs both have great upside and worked out great.

So, believe what you want of what you hear. Most is speculation and some of the stuff is put out there to see if a team will pass on a guy. Don't put it past teams to start rumors about a player to see if he will drop. Perfect example, Beanie Wells was reported to have a bone in his foot that would be a reaccurring problem. Rumor. Dr. Andrews checked him out before the combine and he was given a clean bill of health and took the reports to all his private workouts for the teams. He is 100% healthy.

95% of the reports on Crabtree are 100% positive, except one report from a guy trying to make a name for himself and it is making the rounds. Believe that the teams have done their homework and most of the BS reports don't matter. They are for us bloggers to have something to talk about. There's a reason they bring guys in for private workouts. They talk to their coaches, alum and NFL security people. If Crabtree wants treated like a primma donna they know it or they know it is BS.

IMO, DL isn't a big need, while OLB and WR are almost "musts". Sorry, but I would be really surprised if Raji was even being considered.

You need a pass rush and Raji may help stop the run but him and Rogers together won't get adaquate pressure on the QB and also............. you can't win if you can't score.....................Hey, JMO and it isn't worth any more then yours.

I wouldn't care about Raji but my concern would be; you draft him and you still don't have a pass rush and an offensive weapon. Knowing that the Brown's biggest needs are OLB, WR, Safety and Center, I don't think there's a chance in hell Raji is the guy.

I think you are looking at it a bit simplistic if you think the pass rush is going to be fixed with 1 player being drafted.

And all of This of course depends on what they do with the rest of the draft. With picks #36 and #50 and whatever else they may do.

Maybe they think they can get a pass rusher in the second round. Or maybe there is a deal for another 1st round pick.

Drafting Raji doesn't mean you automatically will not have a pass rush. Remember that he did have 7.5 sacks his senior year. Plus 75 tackles! This on a defense that was loaded with talent.

I never saw Joe Thomas coming. so you never know. I just have trouble seeing a team with Shaun Rogers drafting B.J. Raji. With Smith and Rubin, we seem to have too many NT types. Tyson Jackson makes more sense.

Maybe they are simply looking at it as a BPA instead of fit.

Out of all that I just have to say this... where the HELL did you see that Crabtree is a hard worker? I've been reading exactly the opposite the entire offseason.

Archived