THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey CIMO, Laffey is sharp again!

Oldcrow1945

You have to happy! Two starts in a row and the guy has looked really sharp. So far he's gone 6 and given up 1!!

I love the kid's attitude. Eveytime I see him on the mound I get a kick out of him. He is all business.

Maybe the staff will come together yet. Even Pavano was sharp his last start.

I missed the game, I'll have to catch the replay. But just looking at the box score, 14 ground balls to 4 flies...and all those double plays, that's his game.

If he keeps this up, even though he'll never have Cy Young numbers, he has something most pitchers don't with his ability to get ground balls and be very efficient. With our other starters struggling to go 6, Laffey's absolutely worthy of a spot in this shaky rotation until he loses it. Sorry Scott.

I missed the game, I'll have to catch the replay. But just looking at the box score, 14 ground balls to 4 flies...and all those double plays, that's his game.

If he keeps this up, even though he'll never have Cy Young numbers, he has something most pitchers don't with his ability to get ground balls and be very efficient. With our other starters struggling to go 6, Laffey's absolutely worthy of a spot in this shaky rotation until he loses it. Sorry Scott.

Oh boy...I hope you get to see it. He was masterful. I don't think he was up in the zone more than a few times and when he was he was off the plate.

Forget Lewis. This kid has to stay right where he is.

I want to bring back my Laffey avatar, but I'm too scared to jynx him. Another great start for him getting to the 7th inning, and left the game with a bagel on the scoreboard....still working the groundouts (12) and setting up GDPs (3).

Archived