THE BROWNS BOARD

The truth about the need for waterboarding...

calfoxwc

Waterboarding, Should it have been done?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Heck yes I'm glad they waterboarded and saved Americans' lives
    • They should not have waterboarded -should have let a lot of Americans die from the attack.
    • Waterboarding is wrong, they should have given them unsweetened chocolate bars instead.

I don't believe ANY freakin thing this corrupt Obama admin says.

They lie, they manipulate right out of Saul Alinkski's Rules for Radicals.

This White House presidency is full of stinkie stink.

Well under that circumstance you obviously waterboard because it is the only thing to do.

The problem is that in the real world for every real lead gained through torture, there are tons of bogus ones. And I seriously doubt that a situation would arise where you know that only waterboarding would work. The real way to foil plots is through police work, not torture.

It's a very difficult question, 'spec, as evidenced by all of these disparate responses and feelings we, in this small subset of the population, have here.

Personally, I'm against torture as a pure human rights issue. I'm also not inclined to believe information given under duress as being valuable. As Harvey Keitel said in Reservoir Dogs, "cut off his little finger, and tell him his thumb is next. After that, he'll tell you he wears women's underwear."

Wanna ask a serious question here.

Had we had water boarding in 2000, would you have been in favor of it had we captured a guy with intimate knowledge of 9/11 and water boarding was the only way to get him to talk?

We did have it. And so did the Spanish Inquisition. Only The Bush Administration (the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition "dun dun dunnnhhh" would be appropriate here) gets blamed for it, which was the point of my post.

It's a very difficult question, 'spec, as evidenced by all of these disparate responses and feelings we, in this small subset of the population, have here.

Personally, I'm against torture as a pure human rights issue. I'm also not inclined to believe information given under duress as being valuable. As Harvey Keitel said in Reservoir Dogs, "cut off his little finger, and tell him his thumb is next. After that, he'll tell you he wears women's underwear."

I am all for human rights too. But wouldn't it be worse to let thousands die in a terrorist attack than it would to dump water on someone with medics by their side?

I am all for human rights too. But wouldn't it be worse to let thousands die in a terrorist attack than it would to dump water on someone with medics by their side?

How do we know what the guy is "confessing" isn't the result of telling us what we want to hear due to torture?

Information corroboration.

Speaking of waterboarding, once again,

Nasty Pelosi is a liar. Just found out this evening, from a Rep. Congressman, that the waterboarding, etc.

policy was discussed and established in conjunction with DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS in CONGRESS.

CONGRESS was BRIEFED more than SEVERAL TIMES and CONGRESS GAVE THE GREEN LIGHT.

So, watch any Dem investigation go nowhere and quietly goes away.

No wonder Obama doesn't want to have the investigation into the issue. This should be good.

How do we know what the guy is "confessing" isn't the result of telling us what we want to hear due to torture?

We only do it to people we are nearly 100% sure are witholding valuable information. Using the intelligence of one of our many agencies we could piece they confession together with what we already know help to determine if they are lying. There was nothing on your hypothetical situation in the report released so this hasn't been a problem as of yet. Although, I fear that terrorist will use this report to train against releasing information when waterboarded, or other things. With the report being released, your situation has a better chance of occuring shall we ever decide to reinstate waterboarding as an interrigation method.

Archived