THE BROWNS BOARD

8 picks

Oldcrow1945

What I think will happen...Not actually what I'd like to see happen but it's my wild ass guess.

I think Edwards gets traded to the Giants for their 1st and first 5th round pick.

#5 OLB Brian Orakpo

#29 WR Kenny Britt

#36 S Louis Delmas

#50 DE Jerron Gilbert

#104 RB Andre Brown

#151 CB Jason Mcourty

#177 C Edwin Williams

#214 NT Vaugh Martin.

I know some of you won't like trading Edwards to simply pick up Britt in that very spot.....But I truly believe that Mangini is not going want to deal with any possible problems in his first year.

With the new 5th round pick the Browns picked a good sized Cornerback

Using your picks

5. Crabtree WR

29. Donald Brown RB

36. Larry English LB

50. Duke Robinson G(going to be a RT)

104. Tyrone McKenzie LB

151. Brian Hoyer QB

177. Pannel Egboh DE

214 John Phillips TE

Using your picks

5. Crabtree WR

29. Donald Brown RB

36. Larry English LB

50. Duke Robinson G(going to be a RT)

104. Tyrone McKenzie LB

151. Brian Hoyer QB

177. Pannel Egboh DE

214 John Phillips TE

Are you picking Hoyer with the plans of DA being gone soon?

I almost had them picking up a TE late as well. Really debated on it but I like the William kid with my 6th pick and my 7th pick is kind of wishful thinking.

I like yours Peen...But I think Mangini is going to want D with one of those first two picks.

No...maybe not this year anyway.

My attitude on QBs is this......all teams need a 3rd qb on the roster, and I would just as soon have it a developmental guy as to some retread who is a 3rd qb and nothing more.

The reasoning is that IMO once you have to start playing your 3rd guy.....you are toast anyway, so you might as well be looking for a Brady with that roster spot. If the guy develops..you keep him or trade him. If not after 2-3 seasons, you cut him and bring in some fresh meat.

View the 3rd qb as a lotto ticket...either you hit something big or you throw it out and get another.

As to what the team actually does....who knows? I am simply posting what I would do.

My attitude on QBs is this......all teams need a 3rd qb on the roster, and I would just as soon have it a developmental guy as to some retread who is a 3rd qb and nothing more.

View the 3rd qb as a lotto ticket...either you hit something big or you throw it out and get another.

It's a good idea.

Archived