THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Daboll

Oldcrow1945

As much as I've tried to find a key to what kind of offense this guy is going to run, there really isn't any hint.

Is he going to be a Weiss clone?

Originally a defensive coach, I don't think he's coordinated an offense at any level yet.

It's going to be very interesting.

When I think of Draboll all I think of is Spygate and his involvment in it.

As much as I've tried to find a key to what kind of offense this guy is going to run, there really isn't any hint.

Is he going to be a Weiss clone?

Originally a defensive coach, I don't think he's coordinated an offense at any level yet.

It's going to be very interesting.

When I think of Draboll all I think of is Spygate and his involvment in it.

He was a defensive assistant for only 2 years then Recievers coach from 2002 to 2006 in New England. He was receiver coach under Weis. Spent two years with Mangini and the Jets as QB coach.

Mangini has said their offense will feature a strong emphasis on the running game and ball control passing game. Sounds like a WCO style but until we see it, who knows. Good coordinators will take a little from different people who they worked with and put their own stamp on it.

I don't expect to see a wide open verticle passing game.

Ytown pretty much nailed it as far as we know so far..

I like the idea of attemping to exploit each teams weaknesses week by week in the longrun that approach will pay off its a busy ever evolving type of gameplan that requires the proper personnel and discipline to succeed..if done right previous game footage will be of little use to opposing teams..

Well if that's the case, then I don't see how DA has a shot in hell of starting for the Browns ever again. he's the anti-WCO QB.

Exactly why I don't want to see Quinn traded. If they would draft Sanchez, he wouldn't be ready and DA would be the starter.................................That would really suck.

That's my thinking as well. And I really don't want Sanchez, at all. Not in the slighteset. I know Shep is high on him, but shep has a QB addiction, he can't help himself, anytime a new one comes along he fawns over him and talks about how all these coaches said he has "it" and uses a lot of warm fuzzy words to describe said QB, but me? Hell, call me crazy but let's play the 1st rounder we drafted and I dunno, see how that works out?

My thinking also is that Lerner likes Quinn and wants to see him play. If they trade him and he goes on to be a star somewhere else and the Browns continue to shuffle QBs Mangini and Kokinis would be on the way out.

If they start Quinn and he fails they would have a longer leash to go out and get a franchise QB to build the team around. Quinn is a nice one year investment for the new staff and they would be in a no lose situation.

Ytown you make a great point.

Mangini for all his desire to build "his team" knows that trading Quinn is a huge gamble because he knows that if Quinn is successful somewhere else and he doesn't have a replacement equally sucessful then he will get shitcanned pretty quickly. And for Mangini this might be his last shot at a head coaching gig. So he's really gambling with his career by trading Quinn away without giving him one season to play. At least if Quinn falls flat on his face this year Mangini can go to Lerner and say "Ok now, can I go get one of "my guys" " and Lerner will let him do that and let him off the hook for a bad season.

There is a lot of logic in these comments. Whether Mangini thinks Quinn can do the job or not, his safest bet is to let the string play out. While I'm sure that if Quinn flops there will be a "lack of playmakers on offense" manatra, if Mangini ships Quinn to to SF or Denver and he has a productive year, Mangini will never hear the end of it. If Mangini trades Quinn it's because he's convinced that Quinn will fail. That move would take conviction and balls.

Ytown you make a great point.

Mangini for all his desire to build "his team" knows that trading Quinn is a huge gamble because he knows that if Quinn is successful somewhere else and he doesn't have a replacement equally sucessful then he will get shitcanned pretty quickly. And for Mangini this might be his last shot at a head coaching gig. So he's really gambling with his career by trading Quinn away without giving him one season to play. At least if Quinn falls flat on his face this year Mangini can go to Lerner and say "Ok now, can I go get one of "my guys" " and Lerner will let him do that and let him off the hook for a bad season.

I'm sure Mangini told Learner the Browns needed more then just a head coach to win next year. Mangini stays, regardless of next years record.

Archived