THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Packers Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I didn't see soft at all. Soft is going through the motions, constantly getting run over, and losing

by a wide margin and not caring.

These Browns played TOUGH, and they love it out there. They have a great lockerroom, per

the players, and they love their coaches, and their coaches TEACH.

There's a ton for them to have learned, and just because there were mistakes in communication, etc...

that is another teaching moment. This is a lockerroom full of guys who LOVE the game.

Too many years we've seen just going through the motions. I saw a dramatic extension of the comradrie

and energy and team play that I saw in practice. I have been wanting to see them play this way for years.

The mistakes? I would have bet our tractor and my combine that the Browns wouldn't have it all together yet.

Now, there is KICKASS ATTITUDE. There's TEAMWORK. There is DEDICATION and ENERGY.

These games don't count. That's why they play em - to practice in real game situations. Notice Detroit beat

the squealer squids pretty badly. They aren't going to show their entire offense or defense in the exhibition games.

Missed assignments - coaches hate that, but it's going to happen when players are still thinking instead of reacting

automatically. Give it a couple of exhibition games, then we'll come closer to seeing if there are any significant

problems that need fixed.

The offensive line protections surely were wrong a few times... that can be fixed by the next game.

We'll see how it goes.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI, Carson Wentz couldn't even make it through 1/2 of an NFL pre-season game before his skeleton cracked............ Glass framed pussy.

I guess the NFL is a bit different than Mary Mother Dakota's School of the Blind, where he excelled so well.

uh, WHAT?

are you frickin kidding me? what planet is your recliner on that you watched this game from?

'kick-ass attitude'? GTFO of here. not one fucking play last night did i think i saw a team play with 'kick-ass' attitude. as a matter of fact i was blatantly screaming at my tv with neighbors wondering if i was murdering someone because of a LACK of attitude. NOT ONE FUCKING PLAY from our defense did i see ANYONE get back to the ball or line of scrimmage after GB ran their fullback down our throats with anyone with some attitude like a real team might have with some pride and be like BITCH!. nothing. nada. same old pussy looking getting our teeth kicked in football. another regime out the door in a year.

see ya hue you crank head.

oh and btw, i guess all that talk of trading mccown went right out the window last night considering rg3 is a feather waiting to get snagged out the air from a mouse and hue's great job of drafting our franchise guy looks like a shoe salesman at pay4less.

total garbage.

Agreed. I don't know what koolaid some in here are drinking, but I don't want any.

FYI, Carson Wentz couldn't even make it through 1/2 of an NFL pre-season game before his skeleton cracked............ Glass framed pussy.

I guess the NFL is a bit different than Mary Mother Dakota's School of the Blind, where he excelled so well.

So much for Goodell pussifying the league.. theyre still getting injured.. LOL.

Just reminiscing on what could have been - even though that's not what we're supposed to do.

It would have been nice if Goff slipped to #2 but he didn't. I don't think Kessler is any more lost than Goff or Wentz at this point - he just had the bad luck of starting 2 drives near his own goal line.

It would have been nice if Goff slipped to #2 but he didn't. I don't think Kessler is any more lost than Goff or Wentz at this point - he just had the bad luck of starting 2 drives near his own goal line.

i actually thought Kessler looked pretty good. teaching moments, like Shobert hitting the Kicker. i bet their situational awareness will improve drastically after a good reaming. best case? they are better for it and it never happens to either one again in their careers. worst? at least they showed us early.

WR Randall Hall out for season broken fibula. Opens door for Payton & Louis which Hall took Reps from..Good Luck Randall Hall!! maybe back after IR..

It looked to me as if the Browns struggled. Everywhere. But it's to be expected at this point. New regime, coaches, systems, players, etc.

Saw a lot of Ogbah. Wanna see even more of him.

Nassib made some good plays. The play right after his shoestring sack, the OLineman pushed him 8 yards downfield.

Mozart was our leading rusher...by a long shot. - not quite sure what to make of him yet.

I think our OL is going to be a problem (again). Center & RT especially. (Ladson can pack up and go home, thank you very much).

Kessler had a rough outing. Yes he was 2 for 2 with a TD...but I'm quite sure he's feeling quite humble today. Of course it would've been better if he didn't have to have guys like Ladson blocking for him....but such is the life of a third stringer. He'll do better next time.

Austin Davis is certainly the odd man out. He got his bell rung...next it'll be his ticket punched. He should've learned to slide in the offseason.

Was good to see Pryor make a couple of key catches. And sad to see WR Hall get hurt and be lost for the year. He didn't look half bad.

.......was pretty shaky...but I'm looking forward to the next game...

Nah... Carson just tried to stiff-rib a LB... :)

Goff is going to be good :/

Ya think?

I don't think Kessler is any more lost than Goff or Wentz at this point - he just had the bad luck of starting 2 drives near his own goal line.

Did you actually see Goff and Wentz play?

It looked to me as if the Browns struggled. Everywhere. But it's to be expected at this point. New regime, coaches, systems, players, etc.

Nassib made some good plays. The play right after his shoestring sack, the OLineman pushed him 8 yards downfield.

Mozart was our leading rusher...by a long shot. - not quite sure what to make of him yet.

I think our OL is going to be a problem (again). Center & RT especially. (Ladson can pack up and go home, thank you very much).

Kessler had a rough outing. Yes he was 2 for 2 with a TD...but I'm quite sure he's feeling quite humble today. Of course it would've been better if he didn't have to have guys like Ladson blocking for him....but such is the life of a third stringer. He'll do better next time.

Austin Davis is certainly the odd man out. He got his bell rung...next it'll be his ticket punched. He should've learned to slide in the offseason.

Was good to see Pryor make a couple of key catches. And sad to see WR Hall get hurt and be lost for the year. He didn't look half bad.

Pretty accurate Orion. Mozart? Great job with that nickname.

For a first NFL outing, it didn't take Nassib long to see some double teams. I've been looking forward to seeing how he'd respond to the transition to the next level. I was not disappointed. As he continues to fill out his frame the next couple of years with NFL strength and conditioning coaches - it's going to be fun to watch.

With rookie QBs, I see no value in jumping to conclusions on a guy's very first outing. Austin Davis looks like a waste of time.

I'm not as worried about RT as I am with Center right now. If worse comes to worse, Greco can probably make the move to Center while Pasztor has experience playing OG. Between Bailey, Coleman and Drango we should be able to find a suitable/decent neighbor for Pasztor on the right side.

The offensive line play - new coaches, new systems, it's the first preseason,

I'm delighted they played so well.

Ya have to fully expect these miscommunications, etc. But then again, you have

to figure they will fix those before the next game for the most part...?

On the upside, I didn't see one bad snap from center, so there's that...

A lot has to do with timing, and in a "game" situation, that is a lot different

than just training camp. If players can't fix things, they aren't on the active

roster.

Again, I saw upbeat, confident, aggressive play - more of what I saw in practice.

I'm fairly confident the mistakes will be fixed overall by the third practice game.

Thank you Sisky!

If it wasn't for you - we would have had to wait for the tape delayed version on the NFL Channel The NFL Channel scrolled the final score at the bottom of the screen while the game was playing.

you bet. don't you just hate spoilers?!? woulda killed it for ya, and trust this rewinding addict, i always fall behind in live games and my friends are notorious for texting results too early to me.

please delete the evidence though, unlike a certain Doug it seems some people have more to lose than others.

i usually PM them but it was the first game and just preseason. but still, if you would please kind sir. here's the post.

also appears from your post, logic4squares' post, and tex's post that not everyone had those sites bookmarked.

**passive aggressively clears throat**

it's worth mentioning i tried about 10 links off reddit for HD streams and of those i tried they were ALL either bunk or laggy, i was pretty bummed. even through VLC. and the SD links were the same as the ones the sites i go with were using.

also, 3 different streams i was watching were closed and/or shut down. 1 for quality/lag reasons, 1 for copywrite reasons, and one apparently just to make way for the cardinals game. it's good to have spares, i open about 15-20 tabs of them and cycle through em all, so i notice things like that. and at least with UFC, sometimes streams are still up and good but removed from the main page, so there's no way to find them again later.

i was mostly just bustin doug's hump, i have a good friend that loves his jailbroken firestick as well and also raves about it...but it cost him $125. so if anyone knows where to get one cheaper i'd be in the market for it. my Kodi works fine but on the road a single stick would be pretty handy.

i disagree they struggled everywhere and thought for a team still finding itself they looked better than expected. they didn't implode so much as just need a lot of polishing. i'm being nice but at least it certainly wasn't a clusterfuck.

agree with pretty much all the rest and liked your assessment otherwise.

Pretty accurate Orion. Mozart? Great job with that nickname.

For a first NFL outing, it didn't take Nassib long to see some double teams. I've been looking forward to seeing how he'd respond to the transition to the next level. I was not disappointed. As he continues to fill out his frame the next couple of years with NFL strength and conditioning coaches - it's going to be fun to watch.

With rookie QBs, I see no value in jumping to conclusions on a guy's very first outing. Austin Davis looks like a waste of time.

I'm not as worried about RT as I am with Center right now. If worse comes to worse, Greco can probably make the move to Center while Pasztor has experience playing OG. Between Bailey, Coleman and Drango we should be able to find a suitable/decent neighbor for Pasztor on the right side.

agree as well and agree about Nassib needing more strength but loved his hustle, quickness, and awareness.

Austin Davis checked down everything. i know his WR core wasn't 1st team but jeebus dude take a shot. your career is at stake here.

On the upside, I didn't see one bad snap from center, so there's that...

really? i saw a lot of them. many were high or off.

was surprised to see Bobby Griff in the shotgun so much though. really surprised, and i didn't like it.

i disagree they struggled everywhere and thought for a team still finding itself they looked better than expected. they didn't implode so much as just need a lot of polishing. i'm being nice but at least it certainly wasn't a clusterfuck.

agree with pretty much all the rest and liked your assessment otherwise.

agree as well and agree about Nassib needing more strength but loved his hustle, quickness, and awareness.

Austin Davis checked down everything. i know his WR core wasn't 1st team but jeebus dude take a shot. your career is at stake here.

really? i saw a lot of them. many were high or off.

was surprised to see Bobby Griff in the shotgun so much though. really surprised, and i didn't like it.

Agreed! I never understood the enthusiasm behind signing this guy last year. He was jobless because he couldn't make the St Louis Rams?

It seems like every time we add a QB with a bionic arm, they're illiterate at reading defenses.

Agreed! I never understood the enthusiasm behind signing this guy last year. He was jobless because he couldn't make the St Louis Rams?

It seems like every time we add a QB with a bionic arm, they're illiterate at reading defenses.

Not sure I remember too much enthusiasm.....(probably some from a few wearing their rose colored glasses).....my memory was more about his contract and the ensuing the WTF???? comments.....

Of course, with Manziel as the back-up, I completely understand "why" the team felt a need to get someone.....anyone.....that might step in to finish the season if McC got hurt....

Not sure I remember too much enthusiasm.....(probably some from a few wearing their rose colored glasses).....my memory was more about his contract and the ensuing the WTF???? comments.....

Exactly! The enthusiasm wasn't from us fans but the part I bolded from you above.

And RGIII / McC...?

Both injury prone and playing behind a depleted line....but hey, we have 12 receivers, so were good.....

Drango doesn't have a crappy resume coming out of college. Pasztor pleasantly surprised some of us in 2015. Coleman might be a little raw right now but I wouldn't mind seeing them trail and error how he would look at RG if Greco eventually goes to Center. Same with Drango for that matter. That gives us 2 rookies to compete with Alvin Bailey for the job which gives us 3 Big Uglies to compete for 1 spot. Plus, I know I'm missing someone.

They always say never go grocery shopping when you're hungry because everything will look delicious. Welcome to the situation our new front office inherited for their first NFL draft. I liked what they did and how they setup our next draft volume beginning with where our first round pick from Philly sets us up for the next big draft volume and rookie QB class.

When you go from Ray Farmer in the front office to Harvard Plural - it's almost impossible not to get excited...

We're all on the same page regarding his need to be eating while working in the weight room.

you bet. don't you just hate spoilers?!? woulda killed it for ya, and trust this rewinding addict, i always fall behind in live games and my friends are notorious for texting results too early to me.

please delete the evidence though, unlike a certain Doug it seems some people have more to lose than others.

i usually PM them but it was the first game and just preseason. but still, if you would please kind sir. here's the post.

also appears from your post, logic4squares' post, and tex's post that not everyone had those sites bookmarked.

**passive aggressively clears throat**

it's worth mentioning i tried about 10 links off reddit for HD streams and of those i tried they were ALL either bunk or laggy, i was pretty bummed. even through VLC. and the SD links were the same as the ones the sites i go with were using.

also, 3 different streams i was watching were closed and/or shut down. 1 for quality/lag reasons, 1 for copywrite reasons, and one apparently just to make way for the cardinals game. it's good to have spares, i open about 15-20 tabs of them and cycle through em all, so i notice things like that. and at least with UFC, sometimes streams are still up and good but removed from the main page, so there's no way to find them again later.

i was mostly just bustin doug's hump, i have a good friend that loves his jailbroken firestick as well and also raves about it...but it cost him $125. so if anyone knows where to get one cheaper i'd be in the market for it. my Kodi works fine but on the road a single stick would be pretty handy.

PM me

Archived