THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Getting Hammered by Mainstream Media

OldBrownsFan

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stick with loud and obnoxious...

There's a very pronounced element of the Repub base that values certitude above all else. Trump had that in spades... but cracks in it are showing.

I don't see how Trump can overcome this. He is not just fighting the dems but a significant part of his own party too:

OUCH: Dozens of Republicans Sign Letter Insisting RNC Stop Spending on Trump’s Campaign

The presidential race is not going well for Donald Trump or Republicans, and even worse, it's looking like things are going to get bad down ticket too. Consequently, 70 Republicans have written an open letter urging the RNC to divert money from the sinking ship to the sinking fleet, as Politico reports

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/08/11/ouch-dozens-republicans-sign-letter-insisting-rnc-stop-spending-trumps-crap-campaign/

The RNC was spending money?

Analysis: Trump campaign has spent $0 on television advertising

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Not on tv for sure...I can't watch HULU anymore without a bombardment of Clinton commercials.....

Analysis: Trump campaign has spent $0 on television advertising

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Not on tv for sure...I can't watch HULU anymore without a bombardment of Clinton commercials.....

And why the fuck would he? TV ads don't convince anyone to change their mind. Meanwhile, he can run his mouth off at a press conference or on twitter, and the media talks about it 24/7.

And why the fuck would he? TV ads don't convince anyone to change their mind. Meanwhile, he can run his mouth off at a press conference or on twitter, and the media talks about it 24/7.

When a republican has to defend Utah the reddest of the red states look out a tsunami is coming. If tv ads didn't work then why do campaigns pay millions of dollars to buy ads? Because they do work especially negative ads. Trump can run his mouth and say foolish things and play right into the narrative (trap) being laid by the democrats that he is unfit to be president.

What worked in the primary is not going to work in the general election and Trump's poll numbers today show that.

When a republican has to defend Utah the reddest of the red states look out a tsunami is coming. If tv ads didn't work then why do campaigns pay millions of dollars to buy ads? Because they do work especially negative ads. Trump can run his mouth and say foolish things and play right into the narrative (trap) being laid by the democrats that he is unfit to be president.

What worked in the primary is not going to work in the general election and Trump's poll numbers today show that.

You cannot generalize what's happening to Utah to the rest of the red states. Utah is clearly an outlier with their gigantic Mormon population, and it doesn't help that their golden boy, Romney, got his ass handed to him by Obama and Trump and is being a 4 years late whiner to the party.

Utah is pretty insignificant.

You cannot generalize what's happening to Utah to the rest of the red states. Utah is clearly an outlier with their gigantic Mormon population, and it doesn't help that their golden boy, Romney, got his ass handed to him by Obama and Trump and is being a 4 years late whiner to the party.

Here’s the map: They are already giving Hillary 273 electoral votes, which means the 101 toss-up states don’t even matter!

Fox-News-Delegates.jpg

Despite his promises, Trump losing Hispanics to Hillary… by 46 POINTS!

El Trumpo is underperforming slightly in capturing the Hispanic vote if you can believe a Fox News Latino Poll, which I’m sure Trumpers will say you can’t believe, because they’re Latino. Ahem.

http://therightscoop.com/despite-his-promises-trump-losing-hispanics-to-hillary-by-46-points/

Dude. There hasn't been a single debate yet.

That is what concerns me. Everything is trending away from Trump. All the swing states have swung towards Clinton. Red states like Georgia and Arizona are now toss up states. Utah is moving away from Trump. In all of the rust belt states Clinton is opening large leads. States that used to be toss up going blue like Colorado and Virginia. A recent poll showed red state South Carolina moving towards Clinton.

I can't think of one state where Trump has improved in the polls.

Trump getting the Crubio treatment from the MSM now?

What the press started to do to Donald Trump as soon as the RNC locked in the nomination is as transparent as it is unfair. You see, once it was too late for the party to change to another candidate, Trump started to get the full on Crubio treatment.

What's the Crubio treatment? Simply it's the same coverage Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio got in the primaries. Every tiny story, no matter how innocent and easily explained, is blown up into being the worst scandal ever.

The way Marco Rubio was treated was as biased as you can get. They attacked his wife for speeding. They attacked him for owning a tiny fishing boat. They attacked him for having student loans. They attacked him for being a prominent Republican who paid his credit card bills honestly. They threw everything to the wall to see what stuck.

It was the same way for Ted Cruz. They attacked him because John Boehner and Mitch McConnell hate his guts. They attacked him for liking soup. They attacked him for offering to cook for himself and be less of a burden while his wife worked to better herself, even as they cruelly attacked him for his wife's struggles with depression. They attacked him for his looks. They attacked him for his accent. They attacked him for being legally obligated to sign up for medical insurance, something mandated by Obamacare.

The press used these attacks to weaken Rubio and Cruz for the benefit of Donald Trump, and that was very unfair. Now they're doing it to weaken Trump for Hillary Clinton, and it's still unfair. It's going to work, but it's unfair on their parts to do it.

http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2016/08/11/actually-unfair-press-donald-trump/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/republicans-urge-rnc-cut-funds-trump-226918

Again, take it for what it's worth. "A letter obtained by politico"

More than 70 Republicans have signed an open letter to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus urging him to stop spending any money to help Donald Trump win in November and shift those contributions to Senate and House races.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/republicans-urge-rnc-cut-funds-trump-226918

Again, take it for what it's worth. "A letter obtained by politico"

Well it does make some logical sense.

The polls aren't looking good for Trump and if he loses it would be much better to have a republican Congress and Senate during the Hildebeests reign.

I would suggest the faithful donate to the Trump campaign itself.

I don't know any way to let the RNC know they have disappointed us.

WSS

The polls aren't looking good for Trump and if he loses it would be much better to have a republican Congress and Senate during the Hildebeests reign.

WSS

Sad. The democrats tried to give the republicans the presidency in 16 with running a horribly awful candidate in Clinton and in early August we are already talking defeat with Trump.

"Donald Trump is signaling that he’ll go back to his old ways, once the election is over.

By “old ways” I mean he’ll be back to rubbing elbows with and funding Democrats. You can expect him to be the guest of honor at Hillary’s inauguration."

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/12/trump-signals-post-election-rejection-republican-party/

OBF... have to applaud your realism...

Yet Utah is still listed as "Solid GOP" in OBF's FNC map. Anyway Trump fixed it yesterday speaking to evangelicals...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-evangelicals-idUSKCN10M2D4

Looks like twitter and facebook are your best bets, Steve...

https://www.gop.com/

Senate is likely going blue. House likely stays red, but will get closer to 50/50...

It's great Trump is drawing large crowds compared to Hillary. It shows an enthusiasm for Trump lacking for Clinton. But crowd size can be deceiving if you are looking to that to disprove the polling showing Clinton with a large lead:

Karl Rove swats down idea that Donald Trump's terrible poll numbers are skewed

"I'm not sure how accurate these polls are," she said (Greta VanSustern). "How many people, when they go behind that closed curtain, are they going to vote for Trump?" Rove, like many pollsters, did not put much stock in a "shy Trump voter" phenomenon. "Well, look, what you are suggesting, and look, I'm not saying it's not worth considering this, but you're assuming that, first of all, the polls are not reliable — all of them — and second of all, that a better test of this is the size of the crowds that he gets at his rallies, which are big and enthusiastic." Walter Mondale, Bob Dole, George McGovern, and William Jennings Bryan all drew large enthusiastic crowds in the final stages of their presidential bids, Rove said, and they all lost.

"There's a difference between who shows up at a rally and who turns out to vote," Rove said, "and right today, I wouldn't be betting that all of those polls showing — I wouldn't bet the Fox News poll is wrong that says he's 10 points down. I wouldn't bet that the NBC poll that has him 9 down is wrong."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/641174/karl-rove-swats-down-idea-that-donald-trumps-terrible-poll-numbers-are-skewed

Archived