THE BROWNS BOARD

Captain Phillips freed!

Oldcrow1945

agreed, I assume it was a seal team coming up from under the boat all around simaltaneously taking out the pirates.

I am glad the U.S. was taking the stand with the Somali "elders"(pirate leaders in my opinion) of wanting to prosecute the kidnappers.

I say we take the Israeli Munich approach and take out or "capture" any pirates who hijack our boats. They need to know the cost is VERY high for anything they do to us.

The only thing these criminals will understand is measured force.

The SEALs are probably the most bad ass part of the entire armed forces.

there are others, marine recon snipers are nothing to be tangled with, neither are the army's green berets or the all service ecompassing Delta's. Hell even the airforce STO's are quite dangerous.

Honestly the pirates with their chinese made ak's in their t shirts should not think about taking on our Navy and or seals by proxy.

Those Somali's are still high on Kat and think that the land based debacle of thousands of them versus a few hundred rangers was some sort of quality check.

Anyone can beat even our base level special forces if they have enough numbers say Ten to twenty more thousand versus a couple hundred in streets they grew up in.

Sorry I have a personal axe to grind and really REALLY dislike those Somali thugs and their damn "tribes". I hate those pirates and think we should hit them a little harder (not war or invasion) just a little predator dropped missile would make me happy.

We can chalk this one up and give it to W for having our troops trained & ready for action.

T "w" and his national air gaurd Vietnam active duty dodging self had nothing to do with this. Give the credit to the Navy and the Seal operators where it belongs. The U.S. Navy trains some fine soldiers.

Give the credit to the Navy and the Seal operators where it belongs. The U.S. Navy trains some fine seaman.

Not to get technical on you but, Navy is to seaman as the Army is to soldiers.

But Chalk up one for the Great Military War machine that protects us all.

The next time we see a Veteran or a Soldier, Marine, Seaman or a Airman. we all need to tell them Thank You!

Thank God our couragious President gave the "go-ahead" on a rescue mission that easily could have backfired and caused endless criticism from the right-wing nutbags.

Chalk this one up to a great president.

Not to get technical on you but, Navy is to Sailor as the Army is to soldiers.

But Chalk up one for the Great Military War machine that protects us all.

The next time we see a Veteran or a Soldier, Marine, Sailor or a Airman. we all need to tell them Thank You!

Fixed for correct terminology to all my brother veterans.

agreed, I assume it was a seal team coming up from under the boat all around simaltaneously taking out the pirates.

I am glad the U.S. was taking the stand with the Somali "elders"(pirate leaders in my opinion) of wanting to prosecute the kidnappers.

I say we take the Israeli Munich approach and take out or "capture" any pirates who hijack our boats. They need to know the cost is VERY high for anything they do to us.

The only thing these criminals will understand is measured force.

Sounds as if it was nothing more than snipers waiting for the right time....They kept the crosshairs on the pirates 24/7. When Phillips jumped it was "Bang" and they were all dead.....What a shame.

I agree with you Israeli approach too. The message has to be sent....No money and many dead pirates.

The Navy Seals, Spec Ops, all our military folks, are just the best.

At any point in the future, it could be a small cruise ship, or a tropical island...

and it could be members of the family of one of us...

Three instaneous kill shots, to save the American captain's life and rescue him from harm.

Man, it's what they do, and there's none better in this entire world.

They parachuted at night into the ocean. Amazing.

Has anyone considered that these so called "Pirates" are usually teenagers? That all are extremely poor and disadvantaged? That maybe, just maybe our oppression of Africa all these years bred these individuals? Was it really necessary to kill the "pirates"? I have seen no violence thus far of the pirates against any crew members. As usual the United States finds it necessary to kill these innocent men. They should let the remaining kid go, and pay the families of the three men killed some sort of reparation. These folks are not criminals in my mind.

These folks are not criminals in my mind.

thats why you live in california.....i suppose you think using trees to build homes should be a capitol offense?

innocent? how big of a troll do you inspire to be?

Thank God our couragious President gave the "go-ahead" on a rescue mission that easily could have backfired and caused endless criticism from the right-wing nutbags.

Chalk this one up to a great president.

He did the correcct thing.

Can anyone imagine any president taking other action?

WSS

Archived