THE BROWNS BOARD

Reasons to believe the Browns have turned the corner into turning into a winning TEAM

calfoxwc

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a lot of new faces team bonding activities our fine. But when Hue is told by his sports science team"far to many padded practices at training camp" & Hues response is "I know how to build my football team. We are going to play real football that means we our going to practice like real football". That corner was turned at 55 mph imo. No more Club Cupcake training Camps in C-Town. Hues knows what it will take to build a winning team. Now what players want to join him?.. Like MacD's. I'm loving it!! :)

Paint-balling and go-carting?

Yeah, I have to admit, when I read that shit, I got goosebumps. Fuck. These cocksuckers are really serious. You can bet your bottom dollar that when the Steeler hear about this, they are going to shit their pants and go into hiding. Here I am thinking this is another boat with a titanic sized hole in the bottom of it, trying to be kept afloat by a bunch of jackoffs with soup ladles, and WHAM....... there it is right in the face....our guys are paint-balling and go-carting.

Man, this team HAS finally turned the corner........................... and entered the What The Fuck Ward of the 3 - 13, Joe Thomas in the HOF mental hospital.

After reading your posts Vesna, I'm still left with the feeling that the Browns won't be as bad as you say they will be...but then I ran across this in the Sporting News:

The Browns are overrated. WTF??? How can the Browns be overrated?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/nfl-overrated-teams-2016-win-totals-predcitions-projections-over-under/1et38vdus18a31l3mj4rc08z7l/slide/4

haters gonna hate. too bad. The Browns are finally on the right track,

and still any positive thread will get the hate treatment.

refuses to admit all the positives, that are in place for the first time...

no wonder they are emotionally knee jerking.

I don't know all that much detail about football, but I see

a near future upward swing starting this first season.

enough with the hate venting crap - it's worthless.

https://youtu.be/kiBfmcma11U

New season. New CORRECT coaches. Players buy in. Finally an INTELLIGENT draft.

This means this coaching staff and fo SEES the weaknesses. They SEE how the other

dolts in charge were a clusterfook.

I just don't see angonizing over the past, and refusing to see the cool changes.

After reading your posts Vesna, I'm still left with the feeling that the Browns won't be as bad as you say they will be...but then I ran across this in the Sporting News:

The Browns are overrated. WTF??? How can the Browns be overrated?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/nfl-overrated-teams-2016-win-totals-predcitions-projections-over-under/1et38vdus18a31l3mj4rc08z7l/slide/4

They apparently think the over\under on wins @ 4.5 is WAY too high. :) I have it at 2.5.

Hey I'm a positive guy. Sometimes when the season ends up in the shitter it takes me a few months to get over it but... Hugh Jackson seems like a nice fellow and seems positive and cheerful when he's talking about the team. The rest of the league speaks of him highly so hopefully in this case other football professionals and the pundits are correct, and not just excited because they want to be politically correct.

A young team starting at square one together should grow and learn as a team that could be good.

I am not now nor have I ever been a big fan of RG3 but it's always possible he could change my mind.

I don't care if these guys play paintball or all go to Chuck E Cheese together or have a three-legged race or play pin the tail on the Squealer or what the fuck ever.

WSS

Go Kart Racing with Antonio Brown - Pittsburgh Steelers
www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Go-Kart-Racing-with...

Thu., May. 12, 2016 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE Get the latest Steelers updates live wherever you are. Watch LIVE Thursdays at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time ...

Antonio Brown is worthless because he goes kart racing !

This means this coaching staff and fo SEES the weaknesses. They SEE how the other

I just don't see angonizing over the past, and refusing to see the cool changes.

I'm digging the background vocals in this song.

Paint-balling and go-carting?

Yeah, I have to admit, when I read that shit, I got goosebumps. Fuck. These cocksuckers are really serious. You can bet your bottom dollar that when the Steeler hear about this, they are going to shit their pants and go into hiding. Here I am thinking this is another boat with a titanic sized hole in the bottom of it, trying to be kept afloat by a bunch of jackoffs with soup ladles, and WHAM....... there it is right in the face....our guys are paint-balling and go-carting.

Man, this team HAS finally turned the corner........................... and entered the What The Fuck Ward of the 3 - 13, Joe Thomas in the HOF mental hospital.

What is wrong with this guy?

https://youtu.be/wQ4E4a7Q4Ag

Wow. Song brings back old memories.

Dolphins in lake erie? Who woulda thought?

Actually, we took a zodiac boat ride around the coast of the undeveloped area of Kauai, Hawaii.

Went past an area where they filmed a James Bond movie. Along the way, there were spinner dolphins

along side our big, inflatable zodiac. Those dolphins are fascinating critters, but really, they wouldn't

be in Lake Erie ---- way too close to pukesburg and the stench of 3 livers landfill stadium. They have to

have clear sailin - in clear water.

I just have this sixth dolphin positive sense that the Browns are coming together - the perfect storm, so to speak,

and are really going to surprise the fans who can't get over the past, mired in incompetency and failure to be a team.

They are becoming one now, like a very excellently cool bunch of dolphins swimming..eh....swimmingly. Did you

know that dolphins can kill sharks? Yep. The Browns are going to be all, kiinda like... "wax on, wax off" for a while,

but you'll know they are becoming serious business on the field.

Btw, that was always one of the great songs imho, I think I loved the lyrics most.

Actually, we took a zodiac boat ride around the coast of the undeveloped area of Kauai, Hawaii.

Went past an area where they filmed a James Bond movie. Along the way, there were spinner dolphins

along side our big, inflatable zodiac. Those dolphins are fascinating critters, but really, they wouldn't

be in Lake Erie ---- way too close to pukesburg and the stench of 3 livers landfill stadium. They have to

have clear sailin - in clear water.

I just have this sixth dolphin positive sense that the Browns are coming together - the perfect storm, so to speak,

and are really going to surprise the fans who can't get over the past, mired in incompetency and failure to be a team.

They are becoming one now, like a very excellently cool bunch of dolphins swimming..eh....swimmingly. Did you

know that dolphins can kill sharks? Yep. The Browns are going to be all, kiinda like... "wax on, wax off" for a while,

but you'll know they are becoming serious business on the field.

Btw, that was always one of the great songs imho, I think I loved the lyrics most.

These are not the OLD Browns. I like the "wax on, wax off" comment, as this IS a work in progress, but anyone who can't see a huge difference in attitude & atmosphere has blinders on. Watch Hue COACH on the field, then watch film of Pettine standing with his arms crossed, just watching. HUEge difference folks. Positive change couldn't happen without a more positive & aggressive attitude & atmosphere...that is step 1 & we are seeing that.

I agree with Cal...good stuff coming, but it won't be instantaneous.

Mike

These are not the OLD Browns. I like the "wax on, wax off" comment, as this IS a work in progress, but anyone who can't see a huge difference in attitude & atmosphere has blinders on. Watch Hue COACH on the field, then watch film of Pettine standing with his arms crossed, just watching. HUEge difference folks. Positive change couldn't happen without a more positive & aggressive attitude & atmosphere...that is step 1 & we are seeing that.

I agree with Cal...good stuff coming, but it won't be instantaneous.

Mike

Mike

I was watching nfl network and some talking heads (former players) were speaking about "buying into a new system". They basically said the rookies always buy into the system because they're rookies. You guess learning the play book and just being in the right place on and off the field. It's harder for the vets to buy into the system because they've been thru several systems and out of stubbornness or whatever reason they don't buy into it that quickly.

I thought about what they said and maybe that's the reason for the departure of several vets that left. I'm thinking it was a mutual thing now.

This is a perfect situation for RG3. He and Hue knew this and the Browns have a lot of missing pieces but I see a good season coming for them. Hue knows this division and this is a physical one. I foresee ass kicking and this time be on the other end of it.

VK-if you took the under at 4.5 as per the article, then you made a very good bet against the expansion level Browns, which is what we are this year. They will flirt with an o-fer season, but likely win a couple from a team or two that sleep walks what should have been a sure win.

wait, you predict ALL of them will not pan out?

How many 7th round picks make nfl teams when they only pick 7 players?

2-14 - nah, the Browns have never fixed certain positions out of stupidity,

in the draft.

Seems like they just picked per the latest draft mag and went by their scores.

These Browns don't care about that - they drafted FOOTBALL PLAYERS who love the game,

have the work ethic and skills to suprise the hell out of the fans who can't let go of the miserable past.

Ok, it was miserable, etc etc etc.

This coaching staff and FO is a gigantic breath of fresh air.

Enjoy the fresh air, and the scenery, I think the Browns are seriously headed

in the right direction, for the first time since '99.

I mean, listen...I can be as optimistic as anybody because I prefer to feel that way over feeling like a negative jackass. I can possibly make the argument that our franchise is turning the corner on SOME things, but I can't say we're close to WINNING. Our win total might be the same as it was last year, but I still think we'll be better. We'll have a real defensive scheme that puts players in their best position to succeed. Remember last year when players didn't know what the hell they were doing and players felt they were asked to do things they weren't good at? Yeah, you won't be seeing that crap anymore. Remember the atrocious time management in several games? The suspect play calling when the game was on the line? (Ahem...the toss sweep to the slowest RB on the team right after Mingo makes the only play of his career and picked off Manning)

We are also younger, and we have a ton of draft picks. Statistically speaking, we have to hit on a greater number of these because we have MORE picks, right? I think we've turned the corner of being more competitive, but I am virtually certain that we are at least one more year away from winning (by winning I mean .500 ball. THAT'S winning in Cleveland unfortunately)

If...and this is a HUGE "if"...but IF the time table is sped up for our franchise, it will mean just one thing: RG III is the guy that so many hope he is. If we somehow have a QB that can play well, we might win a few more games than people think this year, and we might push for a wildcard next season. The ONLY way this happens is if RG III turns out to be a solid player. That happens, and good times are back in Cleveland much sooner than we thought possible.

But...this is Cleveland, and we know all too well the struggles of finding a QB AND a coaching staff. We Browns fans don't buy into preseason hope, but even I have to admit that this regime has a different feel. A coach with documented experience, a DC with experience, and a thoughtful front office not afraid to think outside the box. But what happens if RG III fails? How many years does THAT set us back? Can we really expect a 37 year old McCown to save our bacon for another 2-3 years? Can we really expect Cody Kessler to develop quickly? (if at all?) So much of our success depends on RG III, and if he doesn't work out, will our owner have the patience to ride this out? Because if RG III DOESN'T work out, you have to think it's going to take another 2-3 years to really see what we have in our draft picks, and I don't remember the last coach that got 3 years.

In short, just about everything depends on our QB.

1) There is no clear cut QB and there will be no clear cut QB.

2) The reality of young players is that most come form winning teams. These are not the dedicated, career team players of days gone-by. These are millenials who want it all, NOW. Building for 3-years down the road? It can't be done. Young players see their college mates going to the playoffs, making highligh films, and getting endorsement deals, and they quickly get burned out.

3) Offense is not sustainable = more defensive plays = tired out defense = more injuries than other teams. Do you think it is just bad luck that so many Browns players get fucked up?

4) With no offensive threats teams will blitz the fuck out of the Browns, take away all the short shit, and jam the box. This leads to more frustration, more injuries since the Browns will be hit from the front instead of caught from the back, more than other players.

1. Agree on the QB situation...

2. Disagree on the players... In most cases three-years "down the road" is their first real contract. That tends to hold players' attention. The "dedication" of days gone by was more a product of one-sided, iron-clad contracts producing indentured servitude than anything else.

3. Data does not bear out your hypothesis. In 2015 the Offense lost 49 man-weeks to injury; the Defense lost 44. Our Average Offensive Time of Possession was 31:01; Defense was 30:08.

4. Why would a D "blitz the fuck out of" a team with no offensive threats? And aren't more injuries related to tackles from behind?

Every 1-2 years we do this. "This time" they're headed in tje right direction, can just feel it this time its true. How many times does this team get to make assholes of us?

I think all of us that are left standing are lifers.

It's true we've been duped many times ... but you can't blame fans for buying in to a new regime.

The other options are apathy (they don't post here anymore) and hate (they post here, but often under the name of female polish polka singers).

Then I guess there is the group that will call themselves "realists", as in they'll wait until the team proves to be "real" good before they exhibit any hope or fondness for the team.

Sounds boring.

Count me in with the believers.

Z

In short, just about everything depends on our QB.

From NFL radio to almost every media member that was at OTA's. Says flat out McCown is throwing the ball better than RG3. Hue says were not even close to naming a starter. Can't say I don't blame him.. Drago, "The 6 million dollar man". We can rebuild him. Just can't build with him. That other 7 Million dollar man. Just got Riskier

Archived