Sign in to follow this  
hoorta

The Finals

bbedward    448

Series is overr though if lebrons jumper is here to stay. All the other guys feed off it and get in their rythms. Plus its just easier for lebron, he's not as tired at the end of the games. When scoring is easy for lebron, everything else the team does opens up

Lebrons jumper is the least of the factors that led to a cavs blow out last night.

Kyrie's jumper on the other hand...

---

And not running 500 isolation plays, and JR smith finally showing up for a finals game.

A lot of good stuff happened really

Clevfan4life    278

Lebrons jumper is the least of the factors that led to a cavs blow out last night.

Kyrie's jumper on the other hand...

---

And not running 500 isolation plays, and JR smith finally showing up for a finals game.

A lot of good stuff happened really

And that all happened because golden states defensive scheme of pinching down on lebrons perimeter outlets doesnt work when you face up with lebron out near the 3 pt line. Yeah once guys got in rythm it was a boat race lebrons jumper doesnt matter.

In any case the announcers all made the exact same assessment.

Clevfan4life    278

I say we bring in K Love off the bench

I think thats a given. The matchup just isnt right with the warriors. Cavs already have to protect kyries defense.

hoorta    899

So can we put to rest the argument over lebrons mid range jumper being crucial to the cavs success? Announcers themelves said cavs cant win the series if lebron doesnt make them

OK, it does pull the Warrior's defense out, I'll grant you that.

And that all happened because golden states defensive scheme of pinching down on lebrons perimeter outlets doesn't work when you face up with lebron out near the 3 pt line. Yeah once guys got in rythm it was a boat race lebrons jumper doesnt matter.

In any case the announcers all made the exact same assessment.

He doesn't have to shoot the lights out from outside, just make enough to get Golden State's attention.

Given. Love cannot guard Draymond Green. (LeBron can) If K-Love isn't scoring 25 and pulling down 12 rebounds, he's a liability. That leaves TT to defend the Warriors other bigs. I was damn impressed the way Thompson defended Curry on the perimeter in switches.

calfoxwc    1,174

The warriors seemed incredulous that they had fouls called against them.

It's a farce, Curry and a few others were like "hey, wtf? we get to get away with stuff like that... on our home court..."

But going out of your way to initiate contact on a dribble, then you get a call??? and the flopping, players must

be looking for the really stupid ass refs to fall for that.

I look for the warriors to "accidently" elbow another Cav in the back of the head, or something, to put

them out of the game..again.

The Cavs need to mix their passing up a bit - the Warriors are looking for certain passes to intercept em.

It works both ways though, the Cavs intercepted a few.

My hunch is, Friday's game may end up controversial based on warrior's tactics.

Clevfan4life    278

Dont forget richard jefferson. That guy was all over people defensively. I say start him till gs adjusts than hit em with love again

Clevfan4life    278

It's a farce, Curry and a few others were like "hey, wtf? we get to get away with stuff like that... on our home court..."

I know right? The entitlement of that team is what annoys me. Remember iguodala mugging delly for accidently brushing his nuts? Their guy can doink a dude square in the balls with a knee or foot, but brush the fabric on their shorts and they wanna fight.

You hear thimpson complaining about mozgovs completely legal and stationary pick? From a team that has perfected the art of the moving pick.....its how curry and thompson get off their shots

• Upvote 1

browns52    13

you got it...keep the starting lineup the same as last night and love off the bench and i think the cavs have a hell of a shot at winning this thing..

hoorta    899

Dont forget richard jefferson. That guy was all over people defensively. I say start him till gs adjusts than hit em with love again

RJ moves and makes quicker decisions than Love, and his D is better on top of that. Though the guy is in good shape, they have to monitor his minutes- he is 36 after all.

you got it...keep the starting lineup the same as last night and love off the bench and i think the cavs have a hell of a shot at winning this thing..

Driving around today listening to Jay Mohr Sports. They had a former NBA GM on the show- and he says the the same thing. (If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.) His opinion is the worst thing the Cavs could do is start Love, and he has another bad shooting game right off the bat. He'd be relegated to second team for the rest of the series. The Cavs are still in a zero margin for error mode. You can bet Lue and LeBron could care less about hurt feelings right now- it's all about winning the Championship. As I said earlier in this thread, Love is a very poor matchup against the Warriors.

It was opined depending on what happens the rest of the series, the Cavaliers may try to move Love in the off season. With the cap going way up- there's other teams that can afford him.

Clevfan4life    278

If love still had his post game id say stick with him, but im not comfortable anymore with a long 4 that plays bad defense and makes his money off of his 3 pt shooting. He's awesome when his 3 pt'er is going down, blows the floor wide open. But when its not he cant put his work boots on and go get nasty in the paint

nickers    251

If we can move love in the offseason....durant?

Thats what Im talking about.. Durant would give us a premier defense upfront then maybe you find another gun slinger in FA...

BaconHound    92

But going out of your way to initiate contact on a dribble, then you get a call??? and the flopping, players must

be looking for the really stupid ass refs to fall for that.

I look for the warriors to "accidently" elbow another Cav in the back of the head, or something, to put

them out of the game..again.

The Cavs need to mix their passing up a bit - the Warriors are looking for certain passes to intercept em.

It works both ways though, the Cavs intercepted a few.

My hunch is, Friday's game may end up controversial based on warrior's tactics.

This has been Lebron's game for years. And that isn't a knock on Lebron that is a reality of modern basketball. Harden is also a wizard at it.

Very good game for the Cavs. If they shoot the ball well it will be a good series. Game 4 is a big one for the Cavs.

The Cysko Kid    755

If we can move love in the offseason....durant?

I keep hearing we should move love but it might be difficult with his max contract

Clevfan4life    278

I keep hearing we should move love but it might be difficult with his max contract

Im exploring options thats all. I was thinkin the lakers might want him. Take their 1st rounder and sign durant? Or mello if durant is deadset against cleveland or wants to stay in okc

BaconHound    92

Im exploring options thats all. I was thinkin the lakers might want him. Take their 1st rounder and sign durant? Or mello if durant is deadset against cleveland or wants to stay in okc

Melo isn't leaving NYC, he likes doing commercials and Durant would be leaving a better team. Hope tonight is a solid game 4

Clevfan4life    278

Are u kidding me with these screens? Did the announcer just say i dunno if that bogut screen was illegal or not? Bogut was pass blocking the defensive end, not setting an NBA pick. His feet were chop stepping the entire pick into kyrie. What the serious fuck?

calfoxwc    1,174

Those two stooges surely weren't real NBA referees. Even the announcer said

the one ref is "known" to let the physical play go without a call.

right. And a foul was called on...Lebron?... when he did NOT TOUCH HIM going

to the basket.

at the other end, the Cavs were getting hacked, shoved, on and on.... no calls.

and the warriors grabbing Cavs' arms. what...in...the...hell... NO CALL ?

and Green flopped. There was more warrior flopping that there is on a

commercial fishing rig getting giant nets full of sardines.

that was a farce.

nickers    251

Ya know.. I realize the Cavs are under manned on the Defensive frontline.. I understand all of that. But jesus christ I'm beginning to think it's all fixed with the NBA referees.. I'm watching the game yesterday.. And it was like GS was playing at home.. they let LeBrick get hammered in his own building and no calls.. then call a fake loose ball foul on the Cavs on the other end.. Yo refs.. your were presiding in Cleveland last night . not dump town Oakland. Wheres the effin hometown calls last night?.. These refs are betting on GS or getting paid off by the NBA some extra ducketts. call it consistenly.. Someone should tell Tyronn Lue when its not getting called right.. Take your players of the court and stop playing the game in protest and tell the NBA go take a big FU.

The Cysko Kid    755

It's over. It's typical Cleveland luck to build a championship caliber team and run up against the best team of all time.

Draymond Green is a fucking punk. I don't know what more anyone needs to see. If u were Lebron I'd have laid him out cold on national TV. someone ought to.

browns52    13

Those two stooges surely weren't real NBA referees. Even the announcer said

the one ref is "known" to let the physical play go without a call.

right. And a foul was called on...Lebron?... when he did NOT TOUCH HIM going

to the basket.

at the other end, the Cavs were getting hacked, shoved, on and on.... no calls.

and the warriors grabbing Cavs' arms. what...in...the...hell... NO CALL ?

and Green flopped. There was more warrior flopping that there is on a

commercial fishing rig getting giant nets full of sardines.

that was a farce.

there were horrible calls against both teams, not just the cavs, so to me it evened out...christ, curry got fucking clobbered, and mugged on one play and the fucking refs were like brain dead...same deal against the cavs. It came down to the defense, the cavs just did not play d like they did in game 3. i hardly ever watch the defense, i usually watch the ball handlers, and the game is so fast, its hard to see where the defense fucked up, but analyst mark jackson showed 3 plays in slo mo and you could see that the cavs simply were not communicating on d. There were times where the cavs had 2 guys on a warriors player who passed the ball to a wide open curry. No one switched...guess that happened more often than not...oh well...