THE BROWNS BOARD

Madison Ave. could shit a brick

The Gipper

The TV networks would be shitting if the Finals ended up being OKC and Toronto. A non US market.....and of all NBA markets, only Memphis and New Orleans are smaller than OKC.

OKC isn't in the top 40 of Designated Market areas....the things sports teams/medial outlets really look at.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/docs/solutions/measurement/television/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

The Bay area ranks 6th. Cleveland 18th.

The TV networks would be shitting if the Finals ended up being OKC and Toronto. A non US market.....and of all NBA markets, only Memphis and New Orleans are smaller than OKC.

OKC isn't in the top 40 of Designated Market areas....the things sports teams/medial outlets really look at.

http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/docs/solutions/measurement/television/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

The Bay area ranks 6th. Cleveland 18th.

Ah- but if it's OKC in the Finals- they can market Durant & Westbrook.

Now if the Cavs get hosed, it's a different story- the Raptors aren't going to draw much of a crowd outside of Canada.

Ah- but if it's OKC in the Finals- they can market Durant & Westbrook.

Now if the Cavs get hosed, it's a different story- the Raptors aren't going to draw much of a crowd outside of Canada.

Yes, I believe now that in truth market size does not matter in the NBA.....as long as a team has stars like Durant/Westbrook/LeBron...it don't matter. The NBA doesn't need the fucking Lakers and Celtics to be good to be popular and profitable. Today, Kareem would never have had to leave Milwaukee.

Yes, I believe now that in truth market size does not matter in the NBA.....as long as a team has stars like Durant/Westbrook/LeBron...it don't matter. The NBA doesn't need the fucking Lakers and Celtics to be good to be popular and profitable. Today, Kareem would never have had to leave Milwaukee.

Exactly. But their fans still apparently think so. Oh, those poor, poor Boston fans crying the Red Sox hadn't won a WS in like forever- when the Celtics, Bruins and Patriots were all elite teams.

Let's see- if you want to be fair- an NBA team should win a Championship every 30 years or so. The Celtics have won 17. 17 X 30 = 510 Discounting their last one in 2008, they're due for another in around 500 years. Reason why I hate them, (and the Lakers). According to Wiki, those two have accounted for 33 of the 68 Championships. Thank goodness it's gotten a little more fair and balanced of late, when a well run organization like San Antonio can win a bunch of Titles. .

Exactly. But their fans still apparently think so. Oh, those poor, poor Boston fans crying the Red Sox hadn't won a WS in like forever- when the Celtics, Bruins and Patriots were all elite teams.

Let's see- if you want to be fair- an NBA team should win a Championship every 30 years or so. The Celtics have won 17. 17 X 30 = 510 Discounting their last one in 2008, they're due for another in around 500 years. Reason why I hate them, (and the Lakers). According to Wiki, those two have accounted for 33 of the 68 Championships. Thank goodness it's gotten a little more fair and balanced of late, when a well run organization like San Antonio can win a bunch of Titles. .

One of the reasons that I do my Last Title by Town and Last Title by Team is to show which towns are suffering the longest. You will see that it in the USA that San Diego, Cleveland, Buffalo and Milwaukee have been the ones to suffer the longest.....except for Canadian cities Vancouver and Ottawa....but those cities went like 40-50 years without a team until they were revived. Still the Canucks have been around as long as the Cavs and haven't won. (though, Vancouver did win a few Grey Cups...which I don't count in my survey)

Archived