THE BROWNS BOARD

Lebrons J is gone....

Clevfan4life

The team is unstoppable when he's draining jump shots. All the passing lanes open up. They're getting away with having curry guard him. Durant elevated over curry at will when okc got that switch off

Scoring wasn't the issue for the Cavs last night. It was the perimeter defense. GS made MORE 3 pointers last night than 2...17 of them!

As of right now LeBron would be the finals MVP, last person I'd criticize.

He was leading in every stat except blocks this series

And the big question is...why aren't they up 3-1?

Maybe to get those stats, the rest of the team suffers.

I believe Kylie and Lebron shot 34 of the 38 shots in the 2nd half. :blink::blink:

That's not team basketball... that's 2 on 5.

Old?

Fuck you.

Zombo

I agree that the warriors are a better team but i don't think lebron is old...

Age is but a number but if you look at NBA minutes played for his career and tack on all the Team USA nonsense, his body has gone through the ringer. In terms of NBA mileage, Lebron's body is old.

The team is unstoppable when he's draining jump shots. All the passing lanes open up. They're getting away with having curry guard him. Durant elevated over curry at will when okc got that switch off

Cleve ya gotta let this go buddy. Lebron isn't even in the same class a shooter as Durant, never was an never will be. That's ok he has been a great player and brought the city of Cleveland a reason to go to NBA games.

They're kind of making it out that Iguodala can man up Lebron without his jumper. Yes and no. Dala gives him a cushion and when Lebron drives they pinch on him. If Iguodala has to face guard Lebron cause his jumper is on, that will open up more driving lanes for Lebron which in turn opens up more passing lanes.

And the big question is...why aren't they up 3-1?

Maybe to get those stats, the rest of the team suffers.

I believe Kylie and Lebron shot 34 of the 38 shots in the 2nd half. :blink::blink:

That's not team basketball... that's 2 on 5.

It worked in game 5, lets see if it works in game 6. And Love (in particular) has to show up.

But the style of play that the team reverts to under stress is all him. We've been seeing this since he came out. Not questioning the guys heart and desire though. He's just deterioted so much

Rrrriiiigggghhhttt. If you want to consider 25.5 pts, 9.5 rbs and 7.3 assists in the playoffs as "deterioration". It's only been done by one other player- And LeBron has put up those numberst a couple of times. You can (probably) count the number of current NBA players that are better than a 95% LeBron on your fingers- and make that one hand.

Age is but a number but if you look at NBA minutes played for his career and tack on all the Team USA nonsense, his body has gone through the ringer. In terms of NBA mileage, Lebron's body is old.

Depending on what you want to consider "old". He just cracked the top 40 (#39) in minutes played, he's been scoring at such a prodigious rate (fastest to any # of points scored you care to name), you might consider him old. He'd have to play almost all of 280 more games to catch up to Kobe. LBJ takes care of his body- and barring serious injury, could play until he's 40- if his kids will let him. If so he has a shot to pass Jabbar for most points.

Oh he's shown flashes of his old self...obviously. But you cannot argue that the consistency of his game is gone. Has been all season. Im sticking to my thought prior to this series, and i think the results so far have been right on point.....if lebron was even 80%!of his old self this series was over last week and we'd still be calling off work drunk erryday....?

Oh he's shown flashes of his old self...obviously. But you cannot argue that the consistency of his game is gone. Has been all season. Im sticking to my thought prior to this series, and i think the results so far have been right on point.....if lebron was even 80%!of his old self this series was over last week and we'd still be calling off work drunk erryday....

If you want to say LeBron isn't the same player that scored 29 out of the last 30 to beat the Pistons in the playoffs 9 years ago, OK I'll agree to that. He isn't quite Superman anymore. But he's still one of the 5 best players in the NBA. With his all around skill set- no one in league history that's done it better. Curry is just another Pistol Pete Maravich, and Durant can't pass like LeBron, Westbrook may be the best inch for inch, but I'd bet the Thunder wouldn't mind having LBJ on the team.

Sorry, but I'm going to enjoy whatever LeBron has left, for as long as he plays. When has been the last time Cleveland had a lock first ballot HOFer playing for them in any sport? That would be Jim Brown.

If he goes back to being only a drive to the hoop guy...even if he scores 20 or so muscling his way to the basket, golden st will take that

with bogut out of the lineup, he better take it to the hoop alot. don't see any warrior that will consistantly block his shot in the paint. they are not very strong underneath without him...all we need is lebron to do what he did last game 2 more times and get some consistant help from kyrie and the rest of the guys..go cavs go...

Bogut only played in the beginning of games

true, but he is was still a force under the boards. I think kerr plays him until he demoralizes the cavs with his blocked shots and rebounds and maybe a few points.Once they get to that point he changes the strategy and it usually works out. My opinion I would have played bogut more. I really don't think the warriors are that strong underneath. With him out, if they can go after green underneath to see if they can get him in foul trouble early we'll be in good shape. Also i think the flopper is going to see some time out there. Fucking refs better own up tonight and start making the correct calls on the flopper...Any way, that is my prediction, bogut out, green on the bench with 3 personals midway thru the second qtr, we will be ok...

true, but he is was still a force under the boards. I think kerr plays him until he demoralizes the cavs with his blocked shots and rebounds and maybe a few points.Once they get to that point he changes the strategy and it usually works out. My opinion I would have played bogut more. I really don't think the warriors are that strong underneath. With him out, if they can go after green underneath to see if they can get him in foul trouble early we'll be in good shape. Also i think the flopper is going to see some time out there. Fucking refs better own up tonight and start making the correct calls on the flopper...Any way, that is my prediction, bogut out, green on the bench with 3 personals midway thru the second qtr, we will be ok...

OK- the key is Green had to play a lot of minutes. I'll have to say some of the fouls on Curry were bogus, but a couple on LeBron ditto. There had better be a touch of fairness in the reffing Sunday- or the Cavs don't stand a chance.

One game for all the marbles- GO CAVS!!!

If you want to say LeBron isn't the same player that scored 29 out of the last 30 to beat the Pistons in the playoffs 9 years ago, OK I'll agree to that. He isn't quite Superman anymore. But he's still one of the 5 best players in the NBA. With his all around skill set- no one in league history that's done it better. Curry is just another Pistol Pete Maravich, and Durant can't pass like LeBron, Westbrook may be the best inch for inch, but I'd bet the Thunder wouldn't mind having LBJ on the team.

Sorry, but I'm going to enjoy whatever LeBron has left, for as long as he plays. When has been the last time Cleveland had a lock first ballot HOFer playing for them in any sport? That would be Jim Brown.

Hoorta you must really hate Joe Thomas lol. Go Cavs.

Oh he's shown flashes of his old self...obviously. But you cannot argue that the consistency of his game is gone. Has been all season. Im sticking to my thought prior to this series, and i think the results so far have been right on point.....if lebron was even 80%!of his old self this series was over last week and we'd still be calling off work drunk erryday....

if he can just be consistant 1 mo time. right now he is the mvp..not even close...unless he stumbles badly on sunday.. I have a feeling he is comin out for blood and he will not stumble. The warriors have no answer..just how big is bogut being out...i say very big. I think the cavs will win by at least 15...

not superman.?..would you change your mind if he scores another 41 with 15 assists and 8 ribbies and they accomplish something that has never been done before and that is coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

if he can just be consistant 1 mo time. right now he is the mvp..not even close...unless he stumbles badly on sunday.. I have a feeling he is comin out for blood and he will not stumble. The warriors have no answer..just how big is bogut being out...i say very big. I think the cavs will win by at least 15...

Lets not get cocky.. However.. What the Cavs are doing is playing old school ball.. no gimmicks.. just out physical, out muscle the opponents much like Chuck Daly's Pistons of the 80's. Plus the two man pick and roll has been highly effective and its opened up lanes for James and looks for Kyrie. Theyre getting help from the bench..while Love is struggling albeit. The Cavs should not get cute. Stick with what got them here.. Being the aggressor without getting cute

Lets not get cocky.. However.. What the Cavs are doing is playing old school ball.. no gimmicks.. just out physical, out muscle the opponents much like Chuck Daly's Pistons of the 80's. Plus the two man pick and roll has been highly effective and its opened up lanes for James and looks for Kyrie. Theyre getting help from the bench..while Love is struggling albeit. The Cavs should not get cute. Stick with what got them here.. Being the aggressor without getting cute

I agree 100 percent...lets hope they don't let up. I have a great feeling about sunday though. I like what you said about the out physical part. and they do remind me of the chuck daly days with the pistons.

Hoorta you must really hate Joe Thomas lol. Go Cavs.

? I'm sure you're kidding. I love Joe Thomas. Joe is Canton bound, and Ghoolie is full of it on that one.

not superman.?..would you change your mind if he scores another 41 with 15 assists and 8 ribbies and they accomplish something that has never been done before and that is coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

Sure, he's going to have to put on the Superman cape one more time come Sunday- especially if Curry & Thompson are hitting their threes. TT has to neutralize the thug brothers- Green and Speights. Just arguing with Cleve Fan on that one- MHO is LeBron has lost very little off his peak. Some guys just want to nit pick.

I agree 100 percent...lets hope they don't let up. I have a great feeling about sunday though. I like what you said about the out physical part. and they do remind me of the chuck daly days with the pistons.

No flopping, you listening Andy? Saw Curry and Kerr got fined. I disagree with Kerr on the one call- Curry clearly hit Kyrie going for the steal.

It worked in game 5, lets see if it works in game 6. And Love (in particular) has to show up.

Rrrriiiigggghhhttt. If you want to consider 25.5 pts, 9.5 rbs and 7.3 assists in the playoffs as "deterioration". It's only been done by one other player- And LeBron has put up those numberst a couple of times. You can (probably) count the number of current NBA players that are better than a 95% LeBron on your fingers- and make that one hand.

Depending on what you want to consider "old". He just cracked the top 40 (#39) in minutes played, he's been scoring at such a prodigious rate (fastest to any # of points scored you care to name), you might consider him old. He'd have to play almost all of 280 more games to catch up to Kobe. LBJ takes care of his body- and barring serious injury, could play until he's 40- if his kids will let him. If so he has a shot to pass Jabbar for most points.

Look at the active list top 10 with some fossils still listed. Melo and Lebron came into the league the same year and Lebron has him by 6,000 minutes played

As of right now LeBron would be the finals MVP, last person I'd criticize.

He was leading in every stat except blocks this series

Ended up leader in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. There has never been a more quality versatile player in the history of the league.

• 5 months later...

Archived