THE BROWNS BOARD

Satellite Camps

They have more players, therefore more higher rated players.

Saban has also complained about up tempo offenses... Clearly he wasn't worried about some FCS school, but that doesn't mean we can ignore everything he complains about. He's clearly worried, he wants to keep these schools out of his region.

The complaints about up-tempo offenses were legitimate too. They've ruined the game to a degree. Fortunately a few dominant defenses still exist to stymie their impact.

Ohio, Penn. NJ combined has as much talent as any three states of any region.

Florida, Texas, California overall.

Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia if you're going per capita.

This was a borderline Retarded statement.

The complaints about up-tempo offenses were legitimate too. They've ruined the game to a degree. Fortunately a few dominant defenses still exist to stymie their impact.

It is an evolution of the game. People probably complained about the forward pass too. Sabans complaint is rooted in helping his team out on the field. Nothing else. Just like his satellite camp complain is all about keeping a recruiting advantage.

Just because it's an evolution of the game doesn't make it not potentially harmful to the players. It is. The man had a point. And when he went on that rant the widespread belief was that he was saying it as a result of his loss at the hands of Sumlin and Johnny Football. But I'm not as sensitive as some folks.

I remember when Malzahn was going to be the latest and greatest dude to give Saban nightmares. Cowherd went on some rant about how Malzahn was taking over. Then the other day he did his Harbaugh was taking over bit. Until someone actually does it, it doesn't matter. Urban Meyer's the only one with a legitimate claim to any haunting of Nick Saban at the moment, and even then it's only slight.

Let your play do the talking.

• 2 weeks later...

Florida, Texas, California overall.

Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia if you're going per capita.

This was a borderline Retard statement.

Florida, Texas and California are from 3 different regions. You must be Retarded geographically.

Ok, Texas, Louisiana, and any of the states around them have more talent both total and per capita than the 3 you listed. Pretty sure of that.

However, even if that weren't true, what you said does nothing to help make your point that there is just as much talent up north.

Ok, Texas, Louisiana, and any of the states around them have more talent both total and per capita than the 3 you listed. Pretty sure of that.

However, even if that weren't true, what you said does nothing to help make your point that there is just as much talent up north.

Per capita? I would say no. Not over Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state.

Do other northern states match up as well. No, I suppose NH, Vermont and Maine don't.

Depends on how you define talent. Louisiana has the most NFL players per capita most years.

In the last draft:

Texas-32 (population 27.47 million)

Louisiana-5 (4.67)

Arkansas-4 (2.98)

41 total (35.12 million)

Ohio-14 (11.61)

Pennsylvania-9 (12.8)

New Jersey-7 (8.9)

30 total (33.31 million)

I don't feel like doing any more research on this. So I'll be interested to see what route you take to prove your point.

Then, if you do miraculously figure out how to argue that those three states have more talent than the three I mentioned, pick another state and add Florida. Then pick another and add Georgia. Then pick another and add South Carolina. Happy spinning!

In fact seven (7) SEC states have more NFL talent per capita than both Ohio and Pennsylvania which, according to you, "have as much or more talent per capita than any state...including any SEC state."

Pennsylvania is in fact 26th on the list. All but one SEC state produces more talent per capita than Pennsylvania. Even Michigan produces more than Pennsylvania. Please just don't respond to this thread anymore.

www.scout.com/nfl/story/1463448-nfl-roster-breakdown-per-capita?s=127

Depends on how you define talent. Louisiana has the most NFL players per capita most years.

In the last draft:

Texas-32 (population 27.47 million)

Louisiana-5 (4.67)

Arkansas-4 (2.98)

41 total (35.12 million)

Ohio-14 (11.61)

Pennsylvania-9 (12.8)

New Jersey-7 (8.9)

30 total (33.31 million)

I don't feel like doing any more research on this. So I'll be interested to see what route you take to prove your point.

Then, if you do miraculously figure out how to argue that those three states have more talent than the three I mentioned, pick another state and add Florida. Then pick another and add Georgia. Then pick another and add South Carolina. Happy spinning!

If I look at your numbers only I see that La. had 4.67 players per some per capita. Ohio had 11.61, Pa 12.8. NJ 8.9. The last time I had a math class, 11, 12, 8.9 were bigger than 4.67.

Only Texas adds any credibility to your argument. Here are other stats:

NFL PLAYER BREAKDOWN BY STATE

1. California 225

2. Florida 186

3. Texas 184

4. Georgia 95

5. Ohio 74

6. New Jersey 63

7. Louisiana 62

8. Pennsylvania 58

9. South Carolina 54

10. Virginia 50

As I said, Ohio/Pa/NJ about as good as any other region

Actually I said Louisiana has a population of 4.67 million.

The list you posted is not a per capita breakdown and there are 3 SEC states higher than any of the three you're pushing.

So to recap:

TX-1.16

LA-1.07 NFL draftees last year per million residents

AR-1.34

OH-1.21

PA-.7

NJ-.79

I see you're now switching to "about as good as any other region." Your original quote was "Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state."

Actually I said Louisiana has a population of 4.67 million.

The list you posted is not a per capita breakdown and there are 3 SEC states higher than any of the three you're pushing.

So to recap:

TX-1.16

LA-1.07 NFL draftees last year per million residents

AR-1.34

OH-1.21

PA-.7

NJ-.79

I see you're now switching to "about as good as any other region." Your original quote was "Ohio and Pa....which have as much or more talent per capita than any state....including any SEC state."

As much or more.....about as good as any. Really the same thing.

Plus, we have to figure out your statistic: born there? Went to HS there? Went to college there?

But, just taking your stats, I thought PA would be much higher. I guess I should know better than to include Pittsburgh area into anything. I should just stick to Ohio.

Archived