THE BROWNS BOARD

"Crow and Duke as good as I've seen in a while."

jiggins7919

It makes for a good rotation.

with very little production.

the browns haven't run the ball well since hillis. and that was a fluke (cough roids cough). good luck with 'can't hit the hole crow' and 'misdirect duke' and whoever else they think will gain 2 yds a clip.

run. run. pass. punt.

with very little production.

the browns haven't run the ball well since hillis. and that was a fluke (cough roids cough). good luck with 'can't hit the hole crow' and 'misdirect duke' and whoever else they think will gain 2 yds a clip.

run. run. pass. punt.

Yep and by August we will have talked our way into the Superbowl.

For the 27156th time: The run game sucked last year because of the FB and TE positions.

Fixing those is the key to the entire offense. The OL itself is not - and will not be - the problem.

You only Have 1,283 posts. 27,156 means that you have taken all your post into redundancy. Lol joking of course. Hey man come to think of it you have a really good point. But however in certain situations a team needs experienced RBs touching the ball.

Goal line situations

Running out the clock

Blocking blitzes

I don't believe in Fullbacks. It's a pass happy league now. Maybe in '93 get Mike Alstott!

I don't think Hue and the gang is worried about the RB position. He has Crow, Duke, and Terrell Watson (a kid Hue brought over from the Bengals). Bringing in guys who have a ton of miles on them doesn't make much sense on a rebuilding team.

Also doesn't currently make sense to take RBs high and put miles on them early in a rebuild.

For the 27156th time: The run game sucked last year because of the FB and TE positions.

True, but our 2015 OL kicked in its share of individual failures as well. It was a perfect storm of ineptitude.

Crow and Duke are decent, but we have to get them into the secondary where they have a chance of winning 1-on-1's. In 2015 they rarely made it past the LBs.

Fixing those is the key to the entire offense. The OL itself is not - and will not be - the problem.

Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.

When is the last time the Browns had a killer blocking fullback?

Of all of Pet's misdoings, his handling of the RBs was out shined only by his lack of firing O'Neil.

I'm so sick of fans putting so much stock and praise over goddamn UDFA's. Yes every now and again one will emerge and become a star. It's not uncommon to see one make the team as a special teams guy or become a solid backup. But damn give us a break on the stock of UDFA's that we get.

Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.

Fullback? Why don't we just run the ol Air Force wishbone offense? While we're at it we can muster up some .....oh never mind.

True, but our 2015 OL kicked in its share of individual failures as well. It was a perfect storm of ineptitude.

Crow and Duke are decent, but we have to get them into the secondary where they have a chance of winning 1-on-1's. In 2015 they rarely made it past the LBs.

This coming from T might have stung just a little bit. But it's the damn truth. Hog Mollie's can win football Games. A fresh Defense, can be your best defense. O'Neil never had a clue..

Lawrence Vickers. Actually it was the year Peyton Hillis had his monster year. They let Vickers walk and Hillis disappeared the next season. Coincidence? I think not.

UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!

UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!

When he gets cut in August we'll never hear of him again.

All I know is that we were a bit optimistic for Crowell after he showed potential but was not used correctly and has fallen off of the map. Hopefully, Crow and Johnson can make a rebirth under Hue Jackson. There is probably a better chance of this under Hue than there was under Pettine since Hue has a better system that makes RBs look better.

didn't someone say that a good RB doesn't need a great OL? then why, when given the ball, do our RBs look like dog doo doo on a hot summer's day?

man if given that criteria zeke will run for 3k yards this year in dallas..............and we'll still have run, run, pass and punt.

If anyone said a good RB doesn't need a great OL, they're wrong.

and they haven't played Madden.

the running game lives and dies by the ability to have a passing game.

Bal-freakin-ance.

Meanwhile, I don't think this has been posted yet.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2016/02/duke-johnson-afc-north-rookie-of-the-year/

Duke also was the only Miami player to win the ACC rookie of the year award ..as a freshman at Miami.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-hurricanes/hurricanes-blog/sfl-duke-johnson-wins-acc-rookie-of-the-year-20121205-story.html

The players the Browns just drafted... are of the same kind of player. Players who LOVE the game, etc.

The WR's are the best thing possible to help the running game. The rb's already on the roster are terrific

to take advantage of the additions to the passing game.

I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?

I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?

Size-wise I think he's definitely an intriguing prospect there, but from what I've read, one of the knocks on him is his ability/propensity to block, so who knows.

Malcom Johnson was drafted as a TE/H-back also. But I believe Telfer was drafted for his blocking TE skill set at USC.(should have J. Dray role) DeValve, M. Johnson & Stov will camp war it out for the Buck Allen, Juszczyk (Ravens) or Rex Burkhead (Cinn.) role imo..

When he gets cut in August we'll never hear of him again.

If anyone said a good RB doesn't need a great OL, they're wrong.

A good OL will suffice... if you also have good blocking TE(s).... and capable WRs...

Not especially... I'm still looking for Bibbs to take the H-back role by the horns.

Archived