THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler

PoeticG

yep that was me. this brown's draft did suck IMO and what i should've made clear is grading a draft minutes after it's finished is ridiculous (unless of course it's this year's brown's draft).

3 years down the road when we have 2 of the players from this draft on our roster i'll remember your admonishment and the fact that you thought cody kessler was going to be the saviour of the browns, lol.

in fact let me bookmark this page right now......

So like a woman again, you also exaggerate what people say. Please quote me where I said Kessler was "going to be the saviour". Helen, I am waiting.

My take is that I will see what we have in a few years. They could be great, could be dogshit. I don't jump to conclusions first thing. You, guy on a fucking couch, have determined they aren't good while also saying you need a few years to see what you have.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a world where actions speak louder than words... Hue gave a 2 thumbs up to trading out of #2 (which seems like a strange way to show us Wentz was HIS guy) before he traded back from #8 (to refuse Lynch once); and then use our #15 on Coleman (to refuse Lynch again).

Not exactly reading tea leaves...

There can only be significant question around our Org's thoughts on one QB prospect... the one in LA.

When did Warren Moon become a lefty? You must have been distracted by what was going on under the blanket again...

Ditto for Joe Kapp...

He's just seeing who is paying attention...

Cody has a chance to be our future, but I honestly believe our team is hoping RG III is the guy that will take us out of the cellar. This is a guy who is finally healthy and has tremendous physical gifts. He throws an accurate ball, and pretty much got a raw deal while at Washington. Remember the coach keeping him in the game after he appeared to be hurt? Of course, RG III shares this blame too, but after that injury, everything turned into a severe cluster. He never fully recovered, rushed his rehab, and by that time, his standing was crap. I'm NOT saying RG III will be the second coming, but I am saying that he's got a chance. Cody is a rookie, and someone that most other teams appeared to have little interest in. I don't think we expect him to contribute immediately, regardless of what our coach and front office say. Can Cody develop into the guy we need? Sure he can, but I don't see it happening any time soon, and the smarter money is on RG III.

Hue needs to find ways to build Robert's confidence, and simplify the offense for him at first. Build him up, and then add more complicated objectives. I seriously believe RG III is better than many people think. He might start slow, but by the end of the workouts, he'll be head and shoulders above our rookie. My biggest concern is his health. And if he should go down, we have McCown.

Cody has a chance to be our future, but I honestly believe our team is hoping RG III is the guy that will take us out of the cellar. This is a guy who is finally healthy and has tremendous physical gifts. He throws an accurate ball, and pretty much got a raw deal while at Washington. Remember the coach keeping him in the game after he appeared to be hurt? Of course, RG III shares this blame too, but after that injury, everything turned into a severe cluster. He never fully recovered, rushed his rehab, and by that time, his standing was crap. I'm NOT saying RG III will be the second coming, but I am saying that he's got a chance. Cody is a rookie, and someone that most other teams appeared to have little interest in. I don't think we expect him to contribute immediately, regardless of what our coach and front office say. Can Cody develop into the guy we need? Sure he can, but I don't see it happening any time soon, and the smarter money is on RG III.

Hue needs to find ways to build Robert's confidence, and simplify the offense for him at first. Build him up, and then add more complicated objectives. I seriously believe RG III is better than many people think. He might start slow, but by the end of the workouts, he'll be head and shoulders above our rookie. My biggest concern is his health. And if he should go down, we have McCown.

Just remember who was the OC there as well, good ole run the QB shanny jr.

His throwing velocity/strength was 55mph. Measured the same as Flacco and Jameis Winston. I don't get where Kessler gets the weak arm rep.

Yeah- I thought there was a breakdown somewhere on the board analyzing qb arm velocity. 55 mph is considered to be adequate. You don't necessarily need a Derek Anderson howitzer to succeed in the NFL- but you can't be a truly lame armed Ken Dorsey either.

From what I've read- that's RG IIIs issue. Plenty of physical talent- but his skill at reading a defense- is, shall we say- lacking. Better learn how to duck too. One more shot on that twice repaired knee will be his last.

You, guy on a fucking couch, have determined they aren't good while also saying you need a few years to see what you have.

no, i'm saying there is 2-3 guys that might good in a few years and the rest ARE dog shit.

please don't put words in my mouth and i'll try not to put words in yours.

and btw this guy on a couch might see a couch for an hour in a day because he's still out fucking hustling everyday, and even he wasn't, he's done more in his life than you could ever imagine doing. so keep your personal attacks at a minimum, before i embarrass you.

Weren't you the guy saying that this Browns draft sucks then in the same sentence said we can't judge the class until 3 years down the road?

You sound like every woman trying to make a decision.

He is also the one who loved Gilbert, Farmer and Pettine.

He is also the one who loved Gilbert, Farmer and Pettine.

yep. as i did.

as many had loved TR (cough) weeden (cough) manziel (cough cough cough) holmgren (choke).....

so if you want to bring up all the fucking players that people loved that didn't pan out you wanna start with me?

cuz, oh boy, you ain't got shit to talk about with your manziel knob slobbin pal.

at least i'll admit my fuck ups as an internet GM. whereas the punks that are the worse hide under their mother's nickers.

no, i'm saying there is 2-3 guys that might good in a few years and the rest ARE dog shit.

please don't put words in my mouth and i'll try not to put words in yours.

and btw this guy on a couch might see a couch for an hour in a day because he's still out fucking hustling everyday, and even he wasn't, he's done more in his life than you could ever imagine doing. so keep your personal attacks at a minimum, before i embarrass you.

Someone on the internet is upset.

And someone in real life is a troll cunt. Don't feel bad though they had the first successful penis transplant today. I'd suggest that instead of attaching it to your bleeding vagina attach it to the back of your throat so we all win.

Feel special cunt!

Other than him telling us that? He already knew 1 QB was gone at #1 so he was smart enough not to plan on what wasn't going to be available. If you go to a restaurant with an appetite for seafood - I'm guessing you include in your plans a restaurant that serves seafood rather than one that doesn't just like you don't go to McDonald's if you want pizza right?

In a world where actions speak louder than words - McCown remained employed while RG3 got added. Then Hue gave a 2 thumbs up to trading out of #2 (which seems like a strange way to show us Wentz was HIS guy) before he traded back from #8 (to refuse Lynch once); and then use our #15 on Coleman (to refuse Lynch again). Aside from all that, if Kessler seemed like the first QB to justify the draft slot that was on our doorstep in terms of willingness from those orchestrating our draft putting their money where their mouth is. Just for punctuation, didn't one of the channels show Hue fist pumping the FO guys in the room to celebrate this?

you just said pretty much exactly what I did.

Only you're wrong one thing, because they added RG3 before Rams traded for #1. Womp womp womp

So over two weeks before the Titans traded out of their pick, magical Hue knew he wanted Kessler on day 2 and didn't want Wentz or Goff, or any other top QB?

??

And someone in real life is a troll cunt. Don't feel bad though they had the first successful penis transplant today. I'd suggest that instead of attaching it to your bleeding vagina attach it to the back of your throat so we all win.

Feel special cunt!

I will give them 2 or 3 years before I give the transplant a go. Want to know whether or not they are any good.

If I had to guess, RG III is going to look amazing without the pads. The ball will come out hot, he'll look incredibly fast and agile, and he's going to say all of the right things. What NOBODY knows is, how is his MENTAL game? He was put through the physical and mental ringer, some his fault, some not at all. What will RG III do when he throws a pick 6? When we're losing our 4th straight? When the boos start raining down? Will he tuck back into his shell, or will he respond?

These are the things that nobody can know, and these are the aspects that really can't be simulated in OTA's or even training camp. I honestly believe Hue Jackson can temper the offense to fit RG III's abilities, and make the reads easier and less complex until he's ready for more. In my mind, it's how RG III will respond to adversity, and if he can muster the internal strength to help rebuild this team. We're being picked to finish dead last or abouts by just about everyone. That's pretty difficult to overcome for anybody, let alone a guy who has a history like his. I realize I'm not saying anything new here, but just wanted to get my thoughts out.

I read a pretty good article about Kessler, I'll see if I can find it. I didn't know his mentors were the Carrs (David and Derek), and they've been working with him for a while. They said his arm strength isn't anything to write home about, but at the end of practice he'll be 15-16 and you'll say, "Wow, he's pretty efficient." And that's kind of what we need. An efficient guy who makes the right decisions and takes care of the ball. We're getting playmakers now, and we need a guy who can get them the ball IN STRIDE.

Here's the article btw.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/05/codys_kesslers_mentor_david_ca.html

From what I've read- that's RG IIIs issue. Plenty of physical talent- but his skill at reading a defense- is, shall we say- lacking. Better learn how to duck too. One more shot on that twice repaired knee will be his last.

Really interesting segment on NFL Live yesterday about RG3 and how he came back year 2 in WSH so full of himself that he called a meeting with the Shannies and told them what changes he wanted in the Offense.

Then when things subsequently went south, how he refused all help trying to get him and the Offense back on track.

If he has been humbled and/or Hue has broken through, then maybe, just maybe, there's a chance he and we see some success.

If, in fact, humility was his only problem I guess if he can get past that, success shouldn't be out of the question.

That seems like it could be a pretty high hurdle if the Redskins hated him so badly that they potentially put their success at risk by not allowing him to play.

Perhaps the prospect of a career putting groceries in bags at the Winn-Dixie was enough to bring about the epiphany.

I haven't been his fan ever since the Browns were considering giving up a huge ransom for him but if he's turning the corner and is now a good guy who can play football I'll be the first one to forgive him. Well maybe not the first but you know...

WSS

http://nesn.com/2014/01/robert-griffin-iiis-wife-shuts-down-quarterback-on-national-television-during-fiesta-bowl-gif/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_123279

After setting the world on fire as a rookie in 2012, the Washington Redskins quarterback crashed and burned the following year, vastly underperforming on the field as his team limped to a 3-13 record — good for second-worst in the NFL. Now, although 2014 is a mere two days old, it already is not going Griffin’s way. The former Heisman Trophy winner was on hand at the Fiesta Bowl on Wednesday night to see his heavily favored alma mater, Baylor, get blown out by Central Florida in the BCS debut for both teams. The embarrassment didn’t end there for RGIII, though. With a live ESPN camera fixed on him, Griffin tried to get the attention of his wife, Rebecca — only to have her turn and walk away down the sideline. Ouch. Check it out in GIF form below, courtesy of @CorkGaines.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/01/robert-griffin-iiis-wife-shuts-down-quarterback-on-national-television-during-fiesta-bowl-gif/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_123279

Seems like he had some growing up to do, and some arrogance to get rid of. He might be

ready to be all matured enough to be successful now.

robert.gif?w=840&h=473

They look like a fine couple - I hope RGlll has a great career with the Browns.

He's overcome arrogance, here's to hoping he overcomes "seeing the field" if that

was the actual problem.

They look like a fine couple - I hope RGlll has a great career with the Browns.

He's overcome arrogance, here's to hoping he overcomes "seeing the field" if that

was the actual problem.

He'll be in the Cleveland Clinic in Traction by game 3......

He'll be in the Cleveland Clinic in Traction by game 3......

Maybe I have a little PoG in me right now, but I think RG3 is going to play well this year. Between the chip on his shoulders and a coaching staff that I fully expect to put him in the best possible position to succeed, I firmly believe there are going to be a lot of surprised people around the football world, and a lot on this forum.

If, in fact, humility was his only problem I guess if he can get past that, success shouldn't be out of the question.

That seems like it could be a pretty high hurdle if the Redskins hated him so badly that they potentially put their success at risk by not allowing him to play.

Perhaps the prospect of a career putting groceries in bags at the Winn-Dixie was enough to bring about the epiphany.

I haven't been his fan ever since the Browns were considering giving up a huge ransom for him but if he's turning the corner and is now a good guy who can play football I'll be the first one to forgive him. Well maybe not the first but you know...

WSS

Steve, judgement reserved on RG III- show me.

Now regarding why Griffin got benched last year- IIRC if the Redskins put him in a game, and he got injured- they would have had to keep him on the roster until cleared to play. If that had dragged out into the new league year, they would have been out $16 million this year. :) That might have been the major reason, but probably not the only reason.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/31/redskins-demote-rg3-until-more-drastic-action-can-be-taken/

Really interesting segment on NFL Live yesterday about RG3 and how he came back year 2 in WSH so full of himself that he called a meeting with the Shannies and told them what changes he wanted in the Offense.

Then when things subsequently went south, how he refused all help trying to get him and the Offense back on track.

If he has been humbled and/or Hue has broken through, then maybe, just maybe, there's a chance he and we see some success.

Here's a long, but well-written article that covers the above. Since most won't make it to the end, here's a couple late paragraphs projecting into one of our possible futures...

Once the competition ramps up in training camp, though, Jackson will soon learn that Griffin lacks the pocket presence necessary to protect himself. Think about it: Despite having the full support of the team owner, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 draft failed under two head coaches and didn’t appear in a game last year despite being healthy. If Griffin could have still done the job, that wouldn’t have happened.

“He’s just not very good in the pocket,” said a veteran Washington defensive player who requested anonymity. “When you asked him to sit back there and read defenses and dissect things, you could tell it was difficult on him. You could even tell in practice last season, when he was the scout team quarterback going against the first-string defense, it was still moving kind of fast for him. He wasn’t sure where the rush was coming from. He wasn’t quite sure where they [the safeties] were. It’s gonna be hard for him.”

http://theundefeated.com/features/the-puzzling-plummet-of-rgiii/

Hopefully Hue & his staff won't perpetually try to pound that round peg into the square hole. I'm not saying we have to go all Baby Shanny with the read option, but RG3's pocket and launch point should constantly be on the move.

Archived