THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Day 1 Thoughts

Tour2ma

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015 Biletnikoff award winner (best WR in college football) the #1 WR on many "draft guru's" board, a nasty player, and a position of desperate need, and yet that's not good enough for some of us????????

Coleman was #2 best WR on CBS prospect list.....Treadwell #1. What Coleman has that Treadwell doesn't: speed and the ability to separate. Treadwell known for being good in traffic.......so is Coleman. Yet Treadwell will always likely be in traffic due to slow speed. Coleman will out run the traffic.

That pissed me off- the Rams could have stepped up 10 seconds after Roger and made the pick. It was f**cking obvious ESPN knew who the pick was going to be and milked it for every second it was worth. :(

Yup.

Not with teams thinking he has a KW II knee.

Remember, the Draft is a TV Show now. They need to keep the drama/tension up.

Here is a highlight video of Coleman you guys may enjoy:

I did some research as I was curious as how his combine matched up with Eric Metcalf who was touted as a speedster out of Texas. Unfortunately I couldn't find the numbers for comparison but in terms of dash Metcalf was faster but Coleman seems to have a higher vertical. Obviously it is wishful thinking but, at the same time, it is nice to have a speedy WR/PR again. Hopefully that translates into production on the field.

We certainly need a return man.....and if he fits the bill....great.

Tunsil just missed his introductory presser...

Had a medical situation and was with the Fins medical staff.

Making Justin Gilbert cover Corey Coleman will make him a better DB... Or make him quit. Either way we're about to find out all about Gilbert

I really can't wait to see the truth on who hacked his accounts-What a crazy scenario all around on that.

It was a joint effort ....Stanley and Conklin :)

Tunsil just missed his introductory presser...

Had a medical situation and was with the Fins medical staff.

allergic reaction? hate it all for the guy. New 48 Hours movie

I really can't wait to see the truth on who hacked his accounts-What a crazy scenario all around on that.

Hack-gate!

allergic reaction? hate it all for the guy. New 48 Hours movie

That was the word... awkward...

TV Sport viewing figures last night

NFL Draft (ESPN): 6.289M viewers

NFL Draft (NFLN): 2.039M

Hawks-Celts (TNT): 1.944M

Pens-Caps (NBCSN): 1.520M

73 retweets32 likes

Hardly "Mr. Personality" as answered even Dolphins related questions... which understandably were all he answered.

One moment of semi-levity when he had to fess up that although FLA raised he was not a Fins fan.

Once done with the Q&A he flashed a big, warm smile as he posed for the traditional jersey shot with HC (Gase) and GM.

Aside: Gase reminds me of Vladimir Putin...

Been watching this Coleman film for 3 minutes.

This kid owes Art Briles his fucking signing bonus. The offense gives him so many 1 on 1 looks its not even funny.

Consistently puts the passing strength to the boundary, giving both Coleman and his QB clear and easy reads.

Quick feet, hands appear decent enough. Going to keep watching but so far I see a kid who has good speed and ok routes playing against average corners with zero safety help.

edit: Fuck Art Briles and this offensive system as well. Lazy, lazy, lazy WR's and I can tell you blocking will be an issue unless Coleman's mentality changes overnight.

Last time I checked bubble screens aren't thrown 20 times a game in the NFL. Watched Coleman play against OU twice. First game he dominated, last year nothing.

Good speed... this kid can't be covered at the next level. Teams looking to double Josh Gordon or Pryor or Big Play Barnidge are going to be shredded by Coleman.

A littler guy but plays like he's 6'4", goes up and fights for the ball. And that speed though. That can't be taught. Kid could be a number 1 WR in the NFL. Griffin just made a new best friend.

Now, we turned that number two pick into:

Corey Coleman. The Best WR in the draft, the drafts most dangerous weapon on offense IMO.

And having 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds and maybe 2 fourths next year will be equivalent to having around 2 drafts next year. Boss Hogs. Welcome to the new era. Get ready to taste victories gentlemen, it's been too long.

Now lets resign Trent Richardson!

Now lets resign Trent Richardson!

The guy everyone loves to say is a good GM (Ozzie) just signed Trent and last i remember he was pretty good in a Browns Uniform and got us a first rounder after he was injured no need to throw salt on his name.

Archived