THE BROWNS BOARD

5 best looking actresses of all time

Kidman may have been fine. I guess I would have to see her do the role. But I still think Cate had more gravitas.

And speaking of which...I thought Weaving had the gravitas...if not the classic look...(tall, blonde)

Who would you have cast instead?

Hmmm.... Tough one there Gip, maybe Ben Affleck? Certainly imposing enough @ 6' 4". BTW, it's Elrond Halfelven- he didn't have the blonde hair of elves. the perfect guy would have been a young Sean Connery. Speaking of Sean, some trivia not everyone knows. He isn't a big LOTR fan, and turned down the role of Gandalf (he would have been great in it, but no complaints about Ian McKellen). That refusal cost him a few hundred $$$ million, as Jackson offered him a significant share in the profits.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.... Tough one there Gip, maybe Ben Affleck? Certainly imposing enough @ 6' 4". BTW, it's Elrond Halfelven- he didn't have the blonde hair of elves. the perfect guy would have been a young Sean Connery. Speaking of Sean, some trivia not everyone knows. He isn't a big LOTR fan, and turned down the role of Gandalf (he would have been great in it, but no complaints about Ian McKellen). That refusal cost him a few hundred $$$ million, as Jackson offered him a significant share in the profits.

I assume you are joking about Affleck.

Sean Connery has to be Aragorn. No two ways about it.

(if we are time traveling)

WSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Salma Hayek anybody?

Oh hell yes on Hayek.... She's my #5

salma-hayek-net-worth2_thumb.jpg

And the Jayne Mansfield photo a couple pages back cropped out #4 of my five... Chao' Sophia...

rs_300x300-141103154827-600-sophia-loren

My #3? Kim Novak...

picnic-kim-novak-1955.jpg

More recent addition at #2.... Charleze Theron... Hard to pick a single picture for her.

charlize-theron.jpg?w=780

I don't think anyone has mentioned Grace Kelly... stunning... and my #1...

253099.jpg

Archived