THE BROWNS BOARD

Too many fastballs up

Oldcrow1945

I don't understand this one.

For some reason Cliff Lee has forgot what made him the 2008 Cy Young award winner.

Instead it looks like Lee has went back to the style that had him sent to the Minors in 2007.

Too many fast balls up in the strike zone.

That nasty curve made him so effective last year and all I'm seeing is a bunch of fastballs up in the strike zone.

Actually, I have yet to see one of those nasty curves. That is odd.

He was just trying to locate it?

That game was brutal to watch, with all the talk about '07 vs. '08 Lee, how shaky our entire rotation is, and then not just having that, but having our whole offense get completely shut down by Kevin Millwood....surrounded by the ulcer inducing happiness of Ranger fans on Opening Day...just terrible.

At least I didn't go to work.

It was rough sailing today.

Just remember, it's just one game - on the road - in April.

Hopefully they can take it to the Rangers tomorrow.

However, if they have ~2 wins come tax time, we can start panicking.

They just can't start out like they did last year and be out of it by the all-star break.

They were the best team in baseball the second half....They have to avoid a horrible start.

He was just trying to locate it?

I have no idea what he was doing....During the second inning it seemed every hit the Rangers had were off of the fast ball.

The only thing I can think was if the scouting report said they were a good curve ball hitting team so Lee thought he's show them more fastballs.....But that is pure guess work.

All I know was it was one fast ball after another up in the strike zone. No velocity either...Several of his fast balls were hitting around 88 MPH. That isn't good and it makes me wonder if that was why he got shelled in every spring game as well.

Hafner still looks completely lost too. I mean, completely lost.

Looks like the Indians have a poor pitching plan as Pavano

continues leaving the ball up and out over the plate

as the Indians are down 5-1 early today

Everyone is going to say "It's only three games" but I don;t care....You cant start a year off losing a lot and then playing catch up all summer. The Indians were the best team in baseball in the second half last year and it didn't matter because of a horrible start.

They better turn this around in a hurry....Torey Lovullo may be getting a call before this season is over.

I can't believe that after his last two spring starts Carl Pavano had me doubting whether I was right abut him being a stiff....But after one game I once again saw the guy that has played for 4 teams in 10 seasons and has a career record of something like 64-68.

It was rough sailing today.

Just remember, it's just one game - on the road - in April.

Hopefully they can take it to the Rangers tomorrow.

However, if they have ~2 wins come tax time, we can start panicking.

Ok, I'm panicking.

AHHHHHHHHHH

Archived