THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.25m guaranteed this year. 2 year 15m total.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/24/rgiii-gets-6-75-million-guaranteed-on-two-year-deal/

"Via multiple reports, it’s a two-year contract that has a $3.5 million signing bonus, $6.75 million guaranteed, a base value of $15 million and a maximum value with performance incentives of $22 million."

You pick a QB in 2017 or 2018 with your top 3 pick. I think we all can agree that the most consistent way to build a better team is to build a solid defense. I think that was the Farmer/Pettine plan but don't think they fully committed to it.

If securing top QBs was easy Blaine Gabbert/Josh Mccown/Brian Hoyer wouldn't be starters

And if it were that damn tough RG3 wouldn't have been riding the pine.

WSS

1) I would take RG3 over Kap

2) We didn't pay him much. We are swimming in cap

3) unless we're sure Wentz/Goff is a franchise QB, I'm fine taking the best available, elite player. Build the team then plug in the QB. Going the other way is what we've done for years. We'll just break the QB. No one us is expecting great things. Let RG3 and maybe a later QB run the show. If one does well, you got your guy. If not, at least you have a young superstar

Once again that Browns make the worst move they could. We got rid of a dumb fuck that could not stay healthy bad in for the team and he sucked at the position sooooo what do the Browns do they get another dumb fuck that sucks bad in the locker room and can't stay healthy so once again the Browns have wrote off another season to sale jerseys and not win games I really think they don't want to win so as Browns fan it's time to stop saying well he could be good or let's see it's time to stop going to the games and not buy merchandise a complete boycott of these stupid fucking dumdasses

You go do that. On top of that log off too. Don't come back. Stop being a fan.

I have always been a believer in best player available .....Ravens seem to draft that way and to me it has to be Bosa or Ramsey

says the guy who started his own draft thread, named the browns as his team so he could pick bosa.

how does his dick taste?

You go do that. On top of that log off too. Don't come back. Stop being a fan.

says the guy with 32 posts.

might want to get your foot in the door before telling people to get out who've been here longer than your bowel movements.

Hard to build a defense when almost everyone you draft walks at the first chance they get

Gilbert was a miss but should've gone defense instead of Johnny Manziel. Shelton has been ok but shouldn't have drafted Erving. There was a bunch of defensive talent after Erving in the 1st round.

says the guy who started his own draft thread, named the browns as his team so he could pick bosa.

how does his dick taste?

says the guy with 32 posts.

might want to get your foot in the door before telling people to get out who've been here longer than your bowel movements.

Actually I got logged off my actual account since I switched to a newer phone and new service. And so what? Just cuz I don't live on the Internet don't mean anything. This is a board for fans. Cut the negativity and move on. We always get these so called fans that give up every year. Give up for real. Either that or relax see what happens. The worst is probably a lot of drinking every Sunday. Which to me doesn't sound that bad. Haha

are we really going to go down the shoulda coulda road?

nothing stands out to me more since '99 than this (add like 3 more names to the back btw). and you think RG3 is the answer? HA!!!!!!!!

browns_qb_jersey.png

I really doubt if RG3 is the answer. With a reworked team, having a run first guy could be an asset. If he get us 10 or more games before flaming, he will help. Most local and national media put us still drafting a qb at 2. I have a lot more optimism about this scenario working than I did last season having McCown as starter and backed up by a barfly.

Really seems that the best thing about having RG3 sign is that he's expendable, knows it and is fine with it.

1) I would take RG3 over Kap

☆Me too.☆

2) We didn't pay him much. We are swimming in cap

☆Agreed.☆

3) unless we're sure Wentz/Goff is a franchise QB, I'm fine taking the best available, elite player. Build the team then plug in the QB. Going the other way is what we've done for years. We'll just break the QB. No one us is expecting great things. Let RG3 and maybe a later QB run the show. If one does well, you got your guy. If not, at least you have a young superstar.

☆No way to tell if Goff or Wentz are the answer. And who is the young Superstar?

Sure as hell isn't RG3.☆

WSS

The perception of Griffin is much worse then the actual production....but perception is reality anymore.

Good pick up, expecially if they build offense around him. But really the best thing that can happy for everyone is Josh Gordon to reinstated.

Well until McCown is cut/traded, I think he beats RG3 out personally. Also, Hue might have set up a competition between the rook and RG3, but this makes it seems like the rook will sit and learn regardless.

McCown is history. I'm sure they expect RG to start the season.

I think it's a good move, and I would stii draft Wentz.

If RG fails/gets injured then we see Wentz earlier. If shines ... then ae are in the catbird seat.

Z

RGIII and out isn't the answer.. He's kind of a stop gap imo.. A younger stop gap than McClown.... Older and less humorous than Johnny Bar Stool..You don't win in this league w/o a QB..

I like Wentz..

Take him and build behind him.. 2016 will hurt no matter what, too many holes... Build for the future and if RGIII is viewed as the future then the wrong coaching staff was hired...

You pick a QB in 2017 or 2018 with your top 3 pick. I think we all can agree that the most consistent way to build a better team is to build a solid defense. I think that was the Farmer/Pettine plan but don't think they fully committed to it.

If securing top QBs was easy Blaine Gabbert/Josh Mccown/Brian Hoyer wouldn't be starters

If securing a top defense was easy, the Browns wouldn't be picking guys like Gilbert and Mingo.

The Browns are in position to draft a top quarterback. This is not the time to chicken out.

are we really going to go down the shoulda coulda road?

nothing stands out to me more since '99 than this (add like 3 more names to the back btw). and you think RG3 is the answer? HA!!!!!!!!

To save space I'm not going to repost the Jersey of Sadness. I'll just note they probably should start another row, or the names are going to start hitting the floor.

Well Hue, we all know RG III can look great in a t-shirt throwing passes to guys who have no one covering them. I'm more than a little concerned about all the reports he can't read defenses worth a damn. Of course, should we get Josh back it may not matter, because Flash will usually be open by 10 yards.

Well Hue, we all know RG III can look great in a t-shirt throwing passes to guys who have no one covering them. I'm more than a little concerned about all the reports he can't read defenses worth a damn. Of course, should we get Josh back it may not matter, because Flash will usually be open by 10 yards.

When you sign a QB with 2 busted knees and cant beat out Colt Fucking McCoy... Your really reaching,...

So for the moment it's going to be RG3 then Goff/Wentz then Pryor? on the depth chart

right? who knows with this team. i'm thinking shaw is the 3rd but that'd mean that RG3 is the only vet QB on the roster which is kinda disturbing as well. maybe they'll keep shaw on the PS and keep the 'other' guy that started a game for us last year. forget his name but he reminds me of a not-gay quinn.

right? who knows with this team. i'm thinking shaw is the 3rd but that'd mean that RG3 is the only vet QB on the roster which is kinda disturbing as well. maybe they'll keep shaw on the PS and keep the 'other' guy that started a game for us last year. forget his name but he reminds me of a not-gay quinn.

Shaw and Davis, could be but with them being farmer picks, they're goners.

Archived