THE BROWNS BOARD

Best modern guitarist

I understand. I kind of agree with you but I don't think anybody can think of any modern guitar players that ring a bell.

Guitar virtuosos tend to fly under the radar in popular music.

I'll give it a little while, and if you still want I will take it down. You know what happens when the gipper gets involved.

;)

WSS

Things take a turn toward the intelligensia.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First love that Roy Clark got a mention among the old school names...

Newbies? Seem to know more than I own...

In no particular order...

• Found Gary Clark, Jr. when I followed the HBO series Sonic Highways... can shred it, but often steps back...
  • Caught Tedeschi Trucks Band on ACL a while ago... Derek Trucks can flat play.
  • Eric Gales... a true bassakwards threat.... a rightie that plays a rightie strung guitar leftie...

chicago transit authority.....kind of figured you would know....again, thanks for the video....

My first live concert... Cleveland Public Auditorium... summer of '71. Blues Image opened for Chicago...

Pop Quiz: Why the name change between LPs 1 & 2?

Lawsuit from Chicago Transit Authority?

Yup.... the real CTA apparently wasn't thrilled by the free publicity...

Either that or the city did not care for the band's sampling of the crowd chant from the '68 convention... :)

Greatest guitarist humm...

What genre? I mean there's so much it's so vast to make a choice. I guess it's favorite guitarist. But if I were to say best guitarist I would have to factor in some things..

Like Malmsteen a great guitar player but no radio play won't get my vote. I mean you can be really good to only a group of peeps that appreciate it.

Like Kerry King with great rhythm but his soloing sucks but put out good tunes.

Like Motley Crüe' s Mick Mars has all the attributes but again with the soloing just not there.

It's just too much but if I had to pick one...

Joe Satriani.

He's a musician with knowledge and teaches. His albums are awesome to me. Whenever I did any home recording I would have an idea and build on it then explain where someone like Satch can have an idea and build on it through thought out planning before even touching the guitar.

Archived