THE BROWNS BOARD

Most hated actors

One Post

Gotta agree with some of you on Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell....really couldnt sit through anything they've done as actors or comedians. Though I do like over the top(wholly committed comedian actors) like Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Chris Farley, etc...

Serious actors?.... I could probably do without Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman, Steven Segal & Uma Thurman

You List Steven Segal with the serious actors?

Yikes

WSS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Ferrell in pretty much anything. Especially Anchor Man. Exceptions are the non-comedy movies he's done, like the one where he's a divorcee and selling his shit. Good movie.

Go shit a pine cone in reverse!

Outside of "eternal sunshine for the spotless mind" I've not been a big fan of jim carey who is just way over the top

Truman Show?

Emma stone and Zooey Deschanel are actresses I hate. I dislike the trope of nerdy "cool" girls. These are girls I imagine would think they could play the bass and act like they like video games.

Ever see Scott Pilgrim? There's a nerdy girl who plays drums (not bass, but close enough) and plays video games. Good movie. Which reminds me, the main guy in that film, I don't like.

Also, Jesse Eisenberg.

The girl I dated before my wife I had to break up with because she thought she was too interesting. She was an artist and a photographer and a singer and a basist really she was not good at any of those things, save a decent singer, and by decent I mean "well at least she went for it, good for you". I hate pretentiousness and so she had to go.

I think the most obvious has been missed here... Anakin Skywalker himself, Hayden Christiansen.
Awful in Star Wars...
Awful in Shattered Glass...
Simply put... the man cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

Trying hard to think of a female counterpart...

Kristen Stewart

Nailed it...

Absolutely murdered a little, coming-of-age movie called Adventureland that could have been good.

She was tolerable in The Huntsman... barely.

Nailed it...

Absolutely murdered a little, coming-of-age movie called Adventureland that could have been good.

She was tolerable in The Huntsman... barely.

Adventureland, coincidentally starring Michael Serra, from my post above (scott pilgrim). Two different actors and I'd have watched it, but with both, I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

Serra was pretty good in it, but may have been by contrast. He's just one of any number of "actors" who are the same no matter the role, no matter the movie.

I think it's called a lack of depth... but may be breath...

FWIW... Scott Pilgrim is one of my "guilty pleasures". Sometimes I'm just a sucker for clever.

Don't get me wrong, love Scott Pilgrim, very clever, love video games and the addition of 8-bit graphics layered over the 'real life' stuff was genius. But I think that was the first film I saw him in, so his thing was new.

• 2 weeks later...

No one turns me off more than Tom Cruise.

On the female side, I always hated Cher, but she doesn't act much any more, thank God.

Current Female ... Olivia Wilde bugs me for some reason. I've watched the first two episodes of Vinyl, which I have enjoyed, but everytime that skinny wench comes on the screen I'm, like, bored.

Z

The girl I dated before my wife I had to break up with because she thought she was too interesting. She was an artist and a photographer and a singer and a basist really she was not good at any of those things, save a decent singer, and by decent I mean "well at least she went for it, good for you". I hate pretentiousness and so she had to go.

Good reason for the break up. I had a cousin that broke up with this really nice catch because her tits were too far apart.

No one turns me off more than Tom Cruise.

On the female side, I always hated Cher, but she doesn't act much any more, thank God.

Current Female ... Olivia Wilde bugs me for some reason. I've watched the first two episodes of Vinyl, which I have enjoyed, but everytime that skinny wench comes on the screen I'm, like, bored.

Z

I think Tom Cruise is great in certain types of roles.

WSS

Archived