THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh Cheeses Off the SEC

The Gipper

Harbaugh can be a goof.....but I give him credit for the effort, especially here where he is taking on the entire SEC....and calls them whiners. (funny, because on the sidelines he can be a whiny coach). I guess it takes one to know one.....and it takes one to know how to get under the skin of another one, which he did. Funny, funny:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2016/02/10/harbaugh-sec-feud-heats-up-tweet-reaction/80203298/

“Our primary reaction [is] that, in the face of the time-demand conversations, we've got one program taking what has been 'free time' away,” Sankey said. “Let's draw a line and say, ‘That's not appropriate.'"

“The net of that is to say the Southeastern Conference is not going to be outpaced in recruiting,” Sankey said. “If the national approach is that we want to have more aggressive summer camps and coaches touring around all summer, then we will not only engage in that behavior, we will certainly engage in that behavior more actively -- probably more effectively than others.”

"We're concerned about the student athletes. Unless we don't get our way. Then fuck the students, we'll do it better than anyone else.

The IMG Academy is about 5 minutes from my house.. Top notch facility that started life as the Bollittieri Tennis Academy way back when.. Good to see Michigan can afford to train at the facility.. It is not cheap.. Anyone that is anyone trains there, from any sport. The local economy thanks you...

I ran into Nick Bollettierri not too long ago at a South Philly Cheese steak sandwich place on 34th, right around the corner from IMG.. They import the bread from Philly... :P Awesome fucking Cheese Steaks!!!! He(Nick) was doing a book signing. I had no idea the event was taking place and sat outside becuase of the crowd... Tons of known athletes coming and going to pay their respects. He came out and stopped by to say hello.. Kinda made me uncomfortable in some respect because I knew I was going to get the "Are you a Professional Wrassler or ex football player" thing again after he stopped by but the man is a true Bradenton treasure and it's good to see that he still remembers the locals from back when he first started out..

Welcome Michigan, we'll take yer money :D

• 3 weeks later...

No, not really.

Basically the SEC and ACC (mainly SEC) our butthurt about Harbuagh holding some spring practices down in Florida (at IMG, big football "academy"). Without getting into too much detail, the SEC is mad that they are losing an advantage, and hiding behind "the good of the student athletes". Anyway, the Clemson coach joined in on a twitter conversation of a few other coaches that were more or less trying to rip on Harbaugh. Harbaugh then replied by going for the jugular, and calling out the Clemson coach for all of the issues (Sexual assault related) going on at Clemson right now.

Basically the SEC and ACC (mainly SEC) our butthurt about Harbuagh holding some spring practices down in Florida (at IMG, big football "academy"). Without getting into too much detail, the SEC is mad that they are losing an advantage, and hiding behind "the good of the student athletes". Anyway, the Clemson coach joined in on a twitter conversation of a few other coaches that were more or less trying to rip on Harbaugh. Harbaugh then replied by going for the jugular, and calling out the Clemson coach for all of the issues (Sexual assault related) going on at Clemson right now.

Clemson....or Tennessee? I knew about the Tenn. issues, I just thought there was more to it.

Archived