THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Lynch

CaineDeSoulis

Well the other two top prospects have a dedicated camp :). Lynch is an accurate passer with TONS of athleticism prototypical size for the afc north. With an impressive early season performance and a high TD to INT ratio. It is my opinion that goff/wentz/lynch all have strength and weaknesses and lynch is as fine a candidate as any.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8800 yds 59 touchdowns 17 rushing td. 23 int. Only 4 as a junior. 3 year starter. High football IQ in a Simple system. Improved his team record since becoming a starter.

Has played in cold weather climate.

Compared to wentz 5100 yards 45 touchdowns

13 rushing. Only full year as starter in 2014. Injury history in throwing arm/shoulder :(

8800 yds 59 touchdowns 17 rushing td. 23 int. Only 4 as a junior. 3 year starter. High football IQ in a Simple system. Improved his team record since becoming a starter.

Has played in cold weather climate.

Compared to wentz 5100 yards 45 touchdowns

13 rushing. Only full year as starter in 2014. Injury history in throwing arm/shoulder :(

Did you want me to post Graham Harrell or Tim Tebows career stats?

Clearly they're quite important to you.

I will be the one to oppose picking a QB in the second or third rounds.....and here's why....

We need a lot of players and are definitely not just one or two away.....so we REALLY need to use our higher picks on players we are sure of(at least as sure as possible).....

I think if you see a QB and think he's the guy, then tap him immediately.....and, if he's not the guy, then we can not afford to spend another high pick on someone we dont have faith in.....thats how we ended up with Quinn, Manziel and Weeden....

Its obvious we didnt think ANY of them were "the guy"....otherwise we wouldnt have taken all 3 of them with our second pick....

So.....the 22nd pick or 32nd pick would buy us a good player......are we gonna repeat the same mistake again and burn our #2 pick??????....

To me.....that would be a huge mistake.....if we're gonna draft a "project QB" or one that we are just luke warm on....lets do it after the 3rd round.....

What if the browns peg lynch as "the guy"? Do we spend they #2 on him? I think they may over pay doing that. Maybe goff doesn't fit in Jackson scheme and isnt worth a pick at all. Players have different values for different teams :)

No.....if he's "the guy", then he is easily worth your first pick, no matter where it is.....(heck, most teams would give 2 or 3 picks for "the guy")

And if he's NOT worth your first pick, then he's obviously not the guy....

What if the browns peg lynch as "the guy"? Do we spend they #2 on him? I think they may over pay doing that. Maybe goff doesn't fit in Jackson scheme and isnt worth a pick at all. Players have different values for different teams :)

Say the same exact thing about all these guys.

If any QB is pegged as "the guy", then the #2 will be spent for him without hesitation. That you, or I, think that's too high to take Lynch, says neither of us think he is the guy.

If Goff can get out from under center as smoothly as the rest of footwork suggests he will, then he will fit. And there will be plenty of opportunities to see his dropback skill level between now and the draft.

Well, I think you're missing my point.....which is, if we're gonna pick a "project", lets not burn a high draft to do it....

Charlie Frye and Colt McCoy were just as good for us, as Quinn, Weeden and Manziel....so there are 5 wasted picks. And Im just saying if were gonna waste picks, Id rather waste a 4th or 5th.....and use our 2nd round pick on a player that can help us...

Our last 6 second round picks were Orchard, Bitonio, Schwartz, Sheard, Little and TJ Ward....(all are solid except one)....while every single QB picked basically sucks....

Now ....which pile would you rather have?....cause we need a lot of talent, how can we afford to waste picks on guys we aren't confident in????

I think we have something like four 5th round picks.....why not use em all on QB and Id bet we have about the same odds of success, as we would if we used a higher pick on someone "not worthy" of a first round pick....(and lets not forget that our second round pick is actually #32 or basically a first).....

So....like i said before....are we gonna do the same that we did with Quinn, Manziel and Weeden?....because that is what you're advocating by electing to pick a QB at 32.....

Isnt Shaw about the best one we've tapped in the last few years?.....and he was a UDFA, right?

They are all project qb's mate. Just need to know how fast they can learn :)

Doesn't quite read true to me...

First, prospects are not all starting from the same point, so you have to discern who is where.

Second, how fast is a bigger question for processing speed than learning. Faster is better, but there's also a minimum threshold that has to be crossed for read and react. You can teach how "what is" determines "where", but the speed at which the two are connected is by and large innate.

Interesting first point. In that you have assumed that starting points are not relative to the coach but to the prospect. You have to ask yourself what is worse of the two having no experience or having the wrong experience. Unlearning to Relearn is more difficult than just learningcorrectly in the first place. Having to retrain goff for example is going to be more difficult than retraining lynch for example.

Goff in his current form would be a turnover machine for the browns he LOVES to throw the ball deep and does so with only moderate accuracy and arm. Wentz has also showed trouble in his deep ball/sidelines.

Not that lynch has an amazing deep ball but he hasnt thrown a deep INT this year.

We can all agree that any of these top 3 guys will likely be better than billy right?

Interesting first point. In that you have assumed that starting points are not relative to the coach but to the prospect. You have to ask yourself what is worse of the two having no experience or having the wrong experience. Unlearning to Relearn is more difficult than just learningcorrectly in the first place. Having to retrain goff for example is going to be more difficult than retraining lynch for example.

Goff in his current form would be a turnover machine for the browns he LOVES to throw the ball deep and does so with only moderate accuracy and arm. Wentz has also showed trouble in his deep ball/sidelines.

Not that lynch has an amazing deep ball but he hasnt thrown a deep INT this year.

We can all agree that any of these top 3 guys will likely be better than billy right?

Not sure about "3 guys", but if don't see any as an upgrade then I don't know why we are posting... ;)

Honestly I don't see where I assumed anything. Just stated that you have to assess where a QB prospect is regardless of how he got there. That sets his floor.

Coaching vs. talent/ability split is an interesting way to look at that floor and I think it helps set estimate a ceiling. The more the floor is due to coaching, then the closer the ceiling will be to the floor.

Agree with your point that the more deeply ingrained bad habits are, the more difficult it is to unlearn them. That would be true whether the bad habits stem from bad coaching or a lack of good coaching.

The above said, I don't see deep INT's as necessarily being a bad habit. Could be a product of game circumstance and play calls.

Archived