THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Goff

SPEK216

Goff throws off of his back foot. Reminds me of Jake Plummer.

Backfoot? Which of the 5 gifs in the article I posted show that?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. And to be clear, I like both him and Wentz a lot. I'm deciding if I like them No. 2 overall enough or not.

I'll try to find some clips later to show you what I'm talking about, and why it might be an issue.

I don't think his arm strength is sub par for the NFL, but it definitely wouldn't be the best. It's definitely better than a Brian Hoyer anyway.

How much do you think an NFL conditioning program could improve it?

well just because Jamarcus was #1 overall doesn't mean there was a consensus he would be excellent. Sometimes a guy can go #1 overall and there be very little certainty over what his nfl career will be like. Cam newton was another such guy who went the other way of course...

Fair to say....though I don't think it was a case of the Raiders having been considered to have gone of the rails when they picked him.

Most if not all draft services had Russell going very very high in the draft the year he came out.

The comment concerned TacoCabana clearly relishing his ignorance with an overreliance on "no one can predict" (which ironically happens to be a prediction). If you are eager to share that stance, then I'll gladly lump you in with him.

You can lump me in with him....that is fine......because that happens to be the correct thought process in this discussion.

Myself... I prefer to argue my own opinion based upon my own observations. Doesn't mean I will be right in any particular case, but overall I like my odds.

I may know nothing, but at least I'm working to fill the void.

One... do I have to drag out your introductory posts on Manziel again?

Not sure what you are talking about with Manziel. I thought we were talking about the QBs available in this draft.

You seem to be drifting Snow White.

Two... do you realize how your opening undermines everything that follows?

Again, not following what you are talking about. I save my opening statements for court. (or maybe you are talking to another person?)

My money is still on you being a trolling alt...

I'm drifting? Look at the original post... two replies to two different posts.

And you do realize John Snow fucked the person who told him he knew nothing... don't you?

I'm drifting? Look at the original post... two replies to two different posts.

And you do realize John Snow fucked the person who told him he knew nothing... don't you?

When you quote your thread, only your replies come up, so it gets a little lost in translation when you reply to multiple posts. That is why I never do that.

And yes, I know about Jon Snow. And no, I am neither a chick nor gay....so I must respectfully decline your offer of sex.

Though I did have red hair like Igrett. It has faded with years.

I don't think his arm strength is sub par for the NFL, but it definitely wouldn't be the best. It's definitely better than a Brian Hoyer anyway.

How much do you think an NFL conditioning program could improve it?

Sure, he's a big kid and could definitely increase in those areas. But I think it's a big gap.

Am liking him more in other areas the more I watch, though. He throws with excellent touch. By that, I mean he changes velocity/arch in certain situations, and takes some speed off or adds at appropriate times. Arm is perfectly fine for about 40 yards. Baits/looks off defenders.

Ball placement at times seems poor, average mobility, college system (pre-snap, I can't tell very much. Also, I think he'll take a lot of sacks his rookie year) and deep ball are my biggest concerns.

Everything else looks tip top.

Then we're seeing about the same thing... :o

On mobility...

For scrambling and running, whether it be for his life or a first down, I won't quibble with "average", but it's his movement inside the pocket that impresses the hell out of me. He just glides to safety seemingly without ever actually looking at the pressure.

Not only is his pocket movement not average IMO, I've been hard pressed to come up with a comparable. Big Ben may be as close as I can come.

but it's his movement inside the pocket that impresses the hell out of me. He just glides to safety seemingly without ever actually looking at the pressure.

Not only is his pocket movement not average IMO, I've been hard pressed to come up with a comparable. Big Ben may be as close as I can come.

I was thinking Big Ben myself in watching some of that move a bit this way, that way, up a bit, etc. while still focused on receivers. If we are going to take a QB first, then I'm leaning more Goff's way than the other two. Lynch hasn't shown me anything better than late 2nd / early 3rd rounder and I'm a bit prejudiced concerning quality of opponents when it comes between Goff and Wentz.

On mobility...

For scrambling and running, whether it be for his life or a first down, I won't quibble with "average", but it's his movement inside the pocket that impresses the hell out of me. He just glides to safety seemingly without ever actually looking at the pressure.

By mobility I meant improv/scrambling, athleticism and extending plays looks average (call it the Johnny Grade, but I know you won't lol), maybe even a little above that, to me. Which isn't bad. Because 90% of QBs can't do that well, and very few these days who can't, can play in the NFL.

I'd attribute your description and pocket movement to pocket presence. Which is very good, but it's a different grade for me.

From everything I've seen and read Goff is the better prospect than Wentz. Dan Brugler of CBS sports compares Wentz to Alex Smith. Not sure that's a good thing. It's Goff at # 2.

From everything I've seen and read Goff is the better prospect than Wentz. Dan Brugler of CBS sports compares Wentz to Alex Smith. Not sure that's a good thing. It's Goff at # 2.

Try to watch some tape and be able to back up those statements without "this guy said"

By mobility I meant improv/scrambling, athleticism and extending plays looks average (call it the Johnny Grade, but I know you won't lol), maybe even a little above that, to me. Which isn't bad. Because 90% of QBs can't do that well, and very few these days who can't, can play in the NFL.

I'd attribute your description and pocket movement to pocket presence. Which is very good, but it's a different grade for me.

lol... I can accept "Johnny grade"... just don't try to convince me that Johnny sets the standard... ;)

On mobility...

This jumped out to me too. That pocket presence is filthy.

This jumped out to me too. That pocket presence is filthy.

I think everyone that's watched him comes away with some things, maybe different, but every single person has noted his pocket presence. It's like he's gliding away from the pressure. Blitzing linebackers get sidestepped like nothing.

I think everyone that's watched him comes away with some things, maybe different, but every single person has noted his pocket presence. It's like he's gliding away from the pressure. Blitzing linebackers get sidestepped like nothing.

Yep-there was that one play in the highlights where the blitzer flashes by him at 100 mph, but something he does just lets the guy go right by while he briefly reloads and sends the ball to his receiver, never seeming to take his eyes off looking downfield. Pretty damn amazing.

Yep-there was that one play in the highlights where the blitzer flashes by him at 100 mph, but something he does just lets the guy go right by while he briefly reloads and sends the ball to his receiver, never seeming to take his eyes off looking downfield. Pretty damn amazing.

Think I'm thinking of the same play - against some team in purple? I got misty eyed, envisaging that being CJ Mosley or someone being neatly sidestepped and he makes the completion...

Think I'm thinking of the same play - against some team in purple? I got misty eyed, envisaging that being CJ Mosley or someone being neatly sidestepped and he makes the completion...

Like watching a bullfighter sidestep the bull with nothing but a football in his hands. :D

Hormel Chili-no beans? ;)

I just went to a restaurant for lunch today. The diner had TVs going and Michael Simon was on ABC with some other chefs and they were having a Chili Cookoff associated with the Super Bowl. They had some NFL players in their as judges. I know Nick Mangold was one...not sure who the others were.

Simon had on a Browns #55 jersey. I guess that is Alex Mack's jersey. Anyway, he won...and the chili looked good so that is what I ordered for lunch......and The Magic City Diner has some pretty good Chili!. ( but it did have beans)

Archived