THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Goff

SPEK216

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Let's just leave that Manziel thread buried deep though, nothing to see there...

lol... no worries there.

I'm too old to drag 500+ pages up top... ;)

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

8347719.jpg

Kindred, Peppers, Ward AND Mayfield for Wentz? Where do I sign up! :)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Jury is still out on Goff-v-Wentz, but it's fun watching the data roll in...

The jury can have it, but just as Winston or Mariota the Browns had no chance to land J.Goff. Wentz only. Got to give it up to Rams GM Les Sneed that took over in 2012. His first choice was to pass on RG3 getting back 2 1st rounders,Brockers & Janoris Jenkins. Continued hitting on draft picks Ogletree,Trumaine Johnson,TJ McDonald,Aaron Donald,Gurley than Havenstein.Sneed than gave up a boatload of picks to go from #8 to #1 to choose his QB closer with S.McVay.Goff 'looks to be' the right choice over Wentz.The Browns seem awful familiar passing on Wentz as Sneed did with RG3. Our other drafted pieces will be key if our QB is now in place?      Great game to watch last night..  

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Kindred, Peppers, Ward AND Mayfield for Wentz? Where do I sign up! :)

Either\ or Tour. If you want to say Sashi kicked the can down the road two years, be my guest. We take Wentz, we're not taking Mayfield, and probably aren't even in the position to draft him....   Remains to be seen who will have the better career. 

So- to get to where we are, was it worth it to go through the pain and suffering of 1-31? I say NO. And who's to say if Sashi was still here he wouldn't have traded out of #1, and taken Josh Allen to amass even more garbage picks? 

Archived