THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz- Starts here.

hoorta

Good to see you back and ready to go for an exciting off season ahead Tia!

Thanks, bud. I am excited to have Hue on board plus our new staff additions.

This past season took quite a bit out of me. By week 13 I was hardly tuning in. I have a feeling once the combine rolls around I'll have the draft fever again.

As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for my tape on Wentz - I'm searching for full games on Goff and found one against ASU. Going to watch that tonight as most of what I've seen has been cut ups of the two.

???????????? Studying their hand off technique?

???????????? Studying their hand off technique?

Hey, its more important than you know.

I just wanted to see a full version, out of curiosity really. Also wanted to break down what Cal's running game looks like, what kind of calls a defense likes to throw at Goff over the course of a game, etc etc.

That said.... I think I'm coming around on Goff and his accuracy.

So.... Who is going volunteering to take my place as president of camp Wentz?

I've decided I might be switching parties.

lol... going to go out on a limb here and guess you are considering a shorter prospect.

I was reading where Goff has more zip to his intermediate and short range passes,

which would be better playing in the weather in Cleveland.

Then I read where Wentz has the bigger arm...

so confusing.

I also remember there being some analysts that weren't high on Bortles either, and he's an excellent example of what a guy can do when a team is patient and provides him with weapons. The Jags went from a truly awful WR corp, to one of the best in the damn league. Once they get a defense...watch out. Yes...the Jags...watch out. They lost their first round pick Fowler in the damn preseason (or OTA's...I don't remember). It's possible they can draft Bosa or Ramsey with their first rounder this year, so they could get basically two elite players on their defense in 2016. That's pretty insane.

Wentz has some similarities to Bortles IMO, and I also think he'll require a bit of patience. The stark contrast of the college game to the pros is ridiculous, but playing at a small school would exacerbate the difference. I really wish that there was a consensus on who the best QB was in the draft, as that sure would make me feel a helluva lot better, but we have to play the hand we're dealt, right? We need to trust our talent gurus and essentially pray to get it right. Wentz also makes sense for us because he won't have to play right away. Sure, it'd be great if Wentz somehow beat out McCown, but I don't see that happening.

I am starting to read more mocks that have Wentz going to Cleveland.

And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

And I have seen many that have us taking Goff. If we are good with either one then we should trade down a little and get extra value out of whichever one goes 2nd to us. Take a chance. We need all the extra help we can get.

again, which team would trade for which prospect?

Too early to tell yet Mike, but the closer we get the more likely it will be someone has an eye on a player they are sure someone before them wants as well. We just need to be open to the possibility if we do indeed have 2 QBs we would be equally happy with.

Within 10 spots, a reasonable trade range...

Best guess: Should Tunsil not go #1: SF, Miami, TB, CHI...

Next best: Should Bosa not go #1: Miami, TB, DAL, BLT, SF, NYG... with SD defending?

In the Draft, just like on ebay, it only takes two...

Ramsey is the only other possible I see, but have to squint pretty hard. Can't get there for Jack, but someone else might be able to.

Within 10 spots, a reasonable trade range...

Best guess: Should Tunsil not go #1: SF, Miami, TB, CHI...

Next best: Should Bosa not go #1: Miami, TB, DAL, BLT, SF, NYG... with SD defending?

In the Draft, just like on ebay, it only takes two...

Ramsey is the only other possible I see, but have to squint pretty hard. Can't get there for Jack, but someone else might be able to.

How many teams trade into the Top 5 to not select a QB? Not being a dick, just asking and not a lot of time to research. But that's my open-ended question/reply.

How many teams trade into the Top 5 to not select a QB? Not being a dick, just asking and not a lot of time to research. But that's my open-ended question/reply.

Besides us moving up one spot to take TR at #3?

Since 2000....

• Jags traded up to #5 to take Blackmon.
  • Bills traded up to #4 with us to take Watkins.
  • Fins traded up to #3 to take Dion Jordon.
  • Falcons to #6 for Julio.
  • Jets traded up to #4 to take Dwayne Robinson (?).
  • Saints traded the farm to move up to #2 to take Ricky Williams.
  • WSH traded up to #3 to take Chris Samuels.
  • Ravens traded up to #5 to take Jamal Lewis.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/

Archived