THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz- Starts here.

hoorta

Yeah, TBH I kind of feel bad for the dude. I mean I'm sure he agreed for that movie to be made, but you know he gets ribbed hard for it. I hear you though, Charlotte and really the whole state of NC is a fun football state of being right now. Watching the NFC championship here in GSO was a riot, people dabbing everywhere and spending a trillion dollars on booze and food. It really shows how much a good team can mean to a city and a whole state, and I hope the Browns can turn that corner.

I don't think I can even fully envision what the city of Cleveland will do when the Browns eventually make it to the Super Bowl.

Charlotte is a city full of young professionals (mostly in the banking industry) and, while there are plenty hardcore fans here, it's not nearly the same environment as a football city like Cleveland. This city is relatively cultureless...it's a vanilla town. There's fun events happening here, sure - but I firmly believe the city of Cleveland would be in a state of martial law and the unemployment rate would skyrocket just from the sheer amount of people calling out of work for extended periods of time and partying in the streets 24 hours a day.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we comparing Wentz to Ben? I haven't seen one serious analyst say anything overwhelmingly positive about any of the qbs in this draft. If I were a dyed in the wool Browns fan id want them to pass on a qb this season and build up some support for the eventual qb. You otherwise find yourself throwing a young kid to the wolves because he has shit around him. I like barnyard and really think Duke Johnson can be good. I think Benjamin is a solid number three or a decent two but he's sure as shit isn't a one. Hartline is steady, also not a one but a fringe two/three. The Browns would do very well for themselves drafting a guy like bosa and braxton Miller in the second who absolutey wrecked senior bowl corner backs. Miller that high may be a reach but if he blows up the combine he's going to shoot up the boards. He has already after the practices. No way do I reach on a qb unless they can trade down and really backload picks. I wouldn't touch one in the first.

our recievers are either fast but not big enough to make a redzone difference or kinda sorta bigger but slow and only are possesion recievers. Maybe the pothead will be our savior although know one seems to know what the guy has been doing since his suspension...anyway we have no pro bowl recievers.

our recievers are either fast but not big enough to make a redzone difference or kinda sorta bigger but slow and only are possesion recievers. Maybe the pothead will be our savior although know one seems to know what the guy has been doing since his suspension...anyway we have no pro bowl recievers.

Art. He's been doing art.

I don't think I can even fully envision what the city of Cleveland will do when the Browns eventually make it to the Super Bowl.

Charlotte is a city full of young professionals (mostly in the banking industry) and, while there are plenty hardcore fans here, it's not nearly the same environment as a football city like Cleveland. This city is relatively cultureless...it's a vanilla town. There's fun events happening here, sure - but I firmly believe the city of Cleveland would be in a state of martial law and the unemployment rate would skyrocket just from the sheer amount of people calling out of work for extended periods of time and partying in the streets 24 hours a day.

Yeah, for sure. My brother hates hearing it but Charlotte is a very fair-weather place compared to places like Cleveland for sports. I mean, that's not a good or bad thing but no doubt cars will be ablaze when Cleveland wins anything, heck the lake will probably catch on fire again. I did undergrad at UNCC which is getting a lot cooler but I'd agree CLT doesn't have that "it" factor that makes it unique. A lot of above average, but nothing that makes you scream to go there.

Anyway, back to the topic. I still want to know about that injury to his throwing wrist. It doesn't seem to be a huge issue, but I'd really want an "all clear" from a doctor (if that hasn't happened already?).

For me, the path to go with our WRs is: A. draft one with like our #32 pick and B. hope that JG gets back on board....though realizing that nothing is for certain with him. But, if it works out, you could have a dynamic duo...

I once heard that a typical crowd at a Panthers game is a bunch of putzes with sweaters tied around their shoulders.

Z

Not really. For a 26 year old male, I'd say the Panthers crowd is more appealing than that of other teams - it's more just drunken southern girls who kind of like sports but really are just there because it's the biggest thing going on at that moment, or a bunch of older bankers and lawyers. It's not like going to a game for a team that has a deep rooted tradition or fanbase - a lot of these fans are still first generation fans. Not knocking it, it's still a good time.

I got into a wonderful altercation at the Browns - Panthers game last year. Some drunk was shit talking me from the top of a rather steep hill after the game, so I called him out on being so far away, and his buddy tried to run down the hill, got airborne, and slammed his face into a concrete trash can...knocking himself out cold.

This is what's making me lean towards QB at #2. Bosa would be great, but Bosa and Connor Cook isn't as good as, say, Goff and Washington, or Ogbhah or whoever.

That is assuming we actually need to take a QB at all this draft. A lot can happen between now and draft day. I hope we don't take one at 1 or 2 just to take one. Too many great D players in this draft.

:) For you "only" being in your 20s. Let me tell you how it was in the Bernie years. I was at the double overtime win against the Jets, and I can truthfully say after the game the town was about ready to go into orbit. High fiveing everywhere, cops driving drunks home... I can't even imagine what it would be like if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl.

I once heard that a typical crowd at a Panthers game is a bunch of putzes with sweaters tied around their shoulders.

Z

I was at a Browns- Panthers game around 10 years ago, and that was my impression- TC had an update, and I'll take it to be accurate.

I like Stewart but if he was running behind Cleveland line we'd all be yelling for him to gtfo after the season ended.

Ummmm... no. Stewart is just the kind of hard-nosed RB CLE would love. He's better than either RB on our 2015 roster. Much of the rest of what you wrote simply goes to the difference choices the staffs made in run game philosophies.

Here is the question to ask and answer properly. Do you see a real franchise QB in this draft or not? If you are not absolutely sure (but hope yes) or your answer is "no", then you have to go with BPA regardless of position. If your answer is a resounding "yes-without a doubt" then take the QB. At the moment mine is not a "yes", more like a "maybe and sure hope so". So for now I go with BPA. We'll see after free agency/pro days/combines are done.

No offense, but you are looking for the wrong things to change your mind.

But as for your query... "Is the floor of any of the class of 2016 Franchise QB?"

My answer is, Yes. For the third time since 2012, I am sure there is one.

I was at a Browns- Panthers game around 10 years ago, and that was my impression- TC had an update, and I'll take it to be accurate.

I was at that same game he's talking about and am the exact same age as well. Another thing you gotta realize is the Panthers have only been a team for 20 or so years now. A lot of people in this area had teams they already supported whereas most everyone up North was born into a fandom. TCPO isn't too far off, honestly having gone now to 20 or so games in Charlotte the vibe is pretty chill overall. Compared to Cleveland it's like a damn art gallery in terms of fans and atmosphere. You just don't see a lot of fights and riff-raff because as pointed out Charlotte is more of a city catered to bankers and "white collar". Overall, I'd say to look at it as Charlotte's identity doesn't revolve around the Panthers like Cleveland does with their sports which makes a fundamental difference.

That's not a knock on Cleveland though, holy shit I've had fun at that stadium.

Not really. For a 26 year old male, I'd say the Panthers crowd is more appealing than that of other teams - it's more just drunken southern girls who kind of like sports but really are just there because it's the biggest thing going on at that moment, or a bunch of older bankers and lawyers. It's not like going to a game for a team that has a deep rooted tradition or fanbase - a lot of these fans are still first generation fans. Not knocking it, it's still a good time.

I got into a wonderful altercation at the Browns - Panthers game last year. Some drunk was shit talking me from the top of a rather steep hill after the game, so I called him out on being so far away, and his buddy tried to run down the hill, got airborne, and slammed his face into a concrete trash can...knocking himself out cold.

Isn't it fair to say that Charlotte...and NC area is really basketball more than football country?

As I heard in a discussion of the upcoming draft yesterday on a Dallas sports radio station, don't believe a damn thing you hear coming out of any NFL FO between now and the draft. Dallas is talking about how impressed they are with him too. Intentional slight of hand to get the Browns to take him so they can take Goff?

Isn't it fair to say that Charlotte...and NC area is really basketball more than football country?

Absolutely. With the proximity of Duke and UNC, plus with the fact that Michael Jordan and Steph Curry are locals...it's safe to call this place an extremely basketball-centric community.

From the article:

Here is what Walter Football said on Monday:

One area scout of a team picking in the top 10 that doesn't need a quarterback was gushing over North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz. The team has given him a first-round grade and thinks that Wentz is the real deal. They say that Wentz has a good arm, size and athleticism, and they love him off the field. They like his pocket presence, field vision, experience under center, making play calls in the huddle, and potential to grow in the NFL. The scout said that he will fill out his frame in a NFL strength and conditioning program. That area scout said the big challenge for Wentz will be the drastic change in the speed of the game coming from North Dakota State's opponents compared to the NFL. This week at the Senior Bowl could vault Wentz high in the first round.

Out of all the required QB traits which key one is missing?

Accuracy or quick decision making? Technically I'd say two things.

I'd say his short to mid accuracy is actually one of his strengths. Have you been watching his senior bowl practices?

With the exception of his first day (which still wasn't bad in the least), he's been putting the ball in the perfect spot on nearly every throw.

I'd say his short to mid accuracy is actually one of his strengths. Have you been watching his senior bowl practices?

With the exception of his first day (which still wasn't bad in the least), he's been putting the ball in the perfect spot on nearly every throw.

He's accurate enough - the speed of the game and decision making are definitely bigger questions for me at this point.

I was merely addressing the 'missing' strengths Tour had highlighted. Not so much my own observations.

The throws have been good, but often to the wrong target. Especially was true Wednesday. OC met him after plays, "Good, but...", and that was in 7-on-6 drills.

I was merely addressing the 'missing' strengths Tour had highlighted. Not so much my own observations.

Decision making pretty much captured it... Will be the most interesting part of the game.

From the article:

Here is what Walter Football said on Monday:

One area scout of a team picking in the top 10 that doesn't need a quarterback was gushing over North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz. The team has given him a first-round grade and thinks that Wentz is the real deal. They say that Wentz has a good arm, size and athleticism, and they love him off the field. They like his pocket presence, field vision, experience under center, making play calls in the huddle, and potential to grow in the NFL. The scout said that he will fill out his frame in a NFL strength and conditioning program. That area scout said the big challenge for Wentz will be the drastic change in the speed of the game coming from North Dakota State's opponents compared to the NFL. This week at the Senior Bowl could vault Wentz high in the first round.

Out of all the required QB traits which key one is missing?
Same thing others have bitched about? Lack of big time competition?

Relax tour I'm not campaigning for this guy. Just posting a link.

WSS

Archived