THE BROWNS BOARD

"That Is One Big Mofo"

Tim Couch Pulls Out

‏Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft

Carson Wentz of North Dakota State officially measures 6'5 1/4, 233 pounds.

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft

Again, 10-inch hands, 32 3/8-inch arm length, 78-inch wingspan. An NFL person by me "That is one big motherfucker."

I'll take "Things No Woman Has Ever Said To Ghoolie In The Heat Of The Moment" for 1,000.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

analytics' will show, if you line Wentz up for 2, he will truck C to end zone. Goff at 210, not so much :o, now if we could only score. bbed your up!!

I'll take "Things No Woman Has Ever Said To Ghoolie In The Heat Of The Moment" for 1,000.

Quite possibly the funniest thing you've ever said :lol:

This guy is like 5 1/2 inches taller than Manziel. I think JF hands are bigger though.

I remember back in the late 80's the seahags drafted a big 6ft6" QB by the name of Dan McGuire and he sucked really bad...

I remember back in the late 80's the seahags drafted a big 6ft6" QB by the name of Dan McGuire and he sucked really bad...

I remember for the last 15 years we've drafted QBs of all sizes and they've sucked really bad.

LOL LOL

Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

Was definitely never concerned about his size, and the crazy thing about Wentz is he was something like 5'7 and 150 pounds as a freshman, LOL. (I could be a little off, but it was something like that).

I've said for a while (as well as many people) that Wentz could skyrocket with a good combine and pro day. Not sure we could take him with the #2, but if he grades out high enough, we just might if Goff is higher. Or we might have Wentz rated higher...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the Bortles situation, ya know? The Jags ended up taking him pretty early, and they caught a bit of flack for that. I admire that they found their guy, took him no matter where they were, and developed him. Oh, and they gave him an excellent WR corp...what a concept.

Yeah, what a concept. If only we'd drafted and developed a couple of receivers with thousand yards seasons and added a pro-bowl tight end for our QB to throw to next year. If only.

Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

- Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

- Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

- Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

- Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

- Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

pick a QB at 2. 22 has become a curse for QBs in the brown's org.

now if i were confident that the browns could trade down out of 2 and grab their #1 rated QB somewhere still in the top ten and garner another pick ........great!

but we are talking the browns here.

Here's what I think about Wentz vs Goff:

- Goff is better at making reads, better accuracy, better footwork, better awareness (he never looks at pressure but he always knows where it is), and is much quicker going through progressions (he is also always light on his feet and turning his body as he scans the field - similar to Rodgers). Wentz tends to lock on to his first read and predetermines a lot of throws. He leads guys too far sometimes, is more raw in all these categories.

- Wentz has ideal size, more arm strength, and is more athletic.

- Wentz played in a "pro-style" system except he did it against non-NFL talent, and only did it for 1 1/2 years worth of games.

- Wentz broke his throwing wrist in october 2015 - missed 2+ months of action after surgery. Also broke is forearm or something in high school IIRC

- Wentz is almost 2 years older than Goff (23 versus 21). You can put Goff in a pro system for 1 1/2 years and he'd be younger than Wentz is today - with more experience than Wentz has today.

The only reason anybody is rating Wentz so high is because of potential. Ok he could become Joe Flacco or he could become Blaine Gabbert.

Enough of the ideal size arm strength bull shit. Take the damn guy who's younger and does everything else well enough to be much closer to a "sure thing"

Wentz is the guy we should trade up to #22 for, Goff is the guy we should take at #2. Just sayin'

Wentz could be Flacco or Blaine Gabbert.....Goff IS Blaine Gabbert.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion when nobody else does - I don't think you've even seen Goff play tbh :P

Similar size, similar arm strength....similar inconsistency. And I have seen him play....against Utah where he was bad.....and another game.....can't recall which......very mediocre there as well.

Have I watched every single game he has played? No. But the samplings I have seen have not impressed me at all.

Are you telling me that the only times I have seen him have been his only bad games?

Well, to quote Bill Belichick: I can only go by what I see.

Archived