THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson Hired

beare

i would have to say you are correct, however we still need a good gm to get him some good players, like a really good qb for instance... we just need so much still., but looking back at the past 3 hires, he would be the best. But i still need to see what his direction is before proclaiming him the turnaround man. I like to see results and he has yet to step on the field...

The direction is the analytical one. The only way this isn't a good hire is if he isn't on board with the analytical side of the business.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like there's a little more optimism on the board with this hire. It feels better than the last couple, that's for sure.

From the get-go? Yes, but you have to remember we were Googling out last two, new HCs for a day just to find out WTF they were...

Who cares about mccarron.

If the Bengals were willing to trade him in the division then we should stay away anyway.

I'm hearing that Hue likes Jared Goff, saying that Andy Dalton played in a similar college offense.

Forget McCarron- the Bengals won't let him go short of a King's Ransom.

LOL, "Cleveland, this is your Captain Hue- prepare for Take Goff".

Love it!!

Mike

So....the Browns have take HUGE ACTION figure by hiring Hue Jackson

He was not my favorite for the job. It was just a gut feeling on my part.

Maybe it is a good sign for him that I didn't want him.

More power to him.

I hope that the huge action that he is is a Transformer......Transform this losing team to a championship level team.

ultimate-optimus-figure.jpg

Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

The 3 things I liked best were:

1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

The 3 things I liked best were:

1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

Agree on all points. Really hoping he can get the coordinators lined out ASAP.

Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

Yeah....that one question they were asked and then answered was way WAY outta line......shoulda just said no Dee questions allowed....

Though, NOW that she was mentioned......Im fairly certain she will be the new GM.....

Saw where Bengals players love the guy, saw a video clip of

Tom Brady laughing and talking with Hue when he was the Raider's coach. :D

The Browns have finally gotten themselves a blue chippie HC, that is respected

around the league, Huegly !

HIP HIP HUE-RAH !

GLORY, GLORY HaleHUEia !!!

Brilliant, classy, driven players coach who also is a displinarian, creative on offense,

and uses his players to bring out the best in their abilities.

What a wonderful breath of fresh football air in Brownstown

Presser Notes

General Impressions:

- Hue has "presence"; can sense a fire below the surface, yet comes across very warm... unusual combo...

(contrast with Jimmah where fire is obvious, but warmth not so much..)

- great, relaxed command of the stage... sense of ease... liked the flashes of humor... especially those directed at, or at least involving, the Big Boss...

- Love to know the story behind that right-eye scar...

- Needs a new tailor...

Hue's Comments:

- the volume of good to great coaches texting him to get interviewed... sweet...

- surprised he did not seem more into the ScoutMaster search; seemed to be barely interested let alone excited by the opportunity... odd...

- deftly side-stepped any player evaluation probes...

- reasonable summary of success recipe near end...

- shocked that he could impress after a nite game, no sleep and a morning interview with another team.

Jimmah's:

- Alignment? Benchmarked sports orgs and the thing he came away with was how important it was to align? Jesus... that's Org Dev 101 shit.

Here's a heads up JH... alignment is not a one-off, check-the-box thing... Be ready this time to assess and address.

Sashi:

- a tad nerdy, but decent first impression

2 presser highlights with media.. #1. At 21:00 when Pat Mcmanass asked "That JM was never discussed during interview process" Hue slammed it down his throat with "You never heard that from me & I Never Said That" Pat was never heard from again :) #2. The 1 lady you were very polite 2 to get her question in cause she was trying so hard to get in is Mary Kay Cabot. You will learn MKC throat is always wide open so feel free to slam it down hers anytime you like :)..

Archived