THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson Hired

beare

I was also waiting for the official word. WONDERFUL news!

Mike

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/13/hue-jackson-coach-cleveland-browns/78741464/

“In my view, the best coaches evaluate the talent before them and find a way to maximize that talent,” Trask said. “They find a way to put players in the best position to allow those players to do what they do best and to succeed. And that is what precisely what Hue did (in Oakland), and what Hue does.”

I'm excited to see a coach who hopefully won't try to fit square pegs in round holes and will work towards a player's strengths. Now let's see who his coordinators and GM are.

Great news! Now I have faith we will start to compete very shortly...

OMFG... it has started already...

I'd think declaring how we definitely don't want him hurts any trade value that is there

Now that is some funny shit right there...

... Trask said.

As in the pre-cog, mutant of X-men fame Trask?

Great. Haslam caves and hires an 'Affirmative Action' coach. 2 and out.

You still don't have the balls to put in print who you wanted before Hue's hiring.... Just bitching and complaining..... Yup, like I said, no balls.

He was #1 on my list after the Colts kept Pags. We have to get it right one of these times, even if just by accident. Welcome to the Browns Hue!

It's not too early for optimism. We got a coach that other teams wanted, a guy with head coach experience, and someone who is highly respected. I'm obviously not saying it's time to start talking PLAYOFFS, but optimism suits me just fine.

"PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!"

- Jim Mora

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/13/hue-jackson-coach-cleveland-browns/78741464/

“In my view, the best coaches evaluate the talent before them and find a way to maximize that talent,” Trask said. “They find a way to put players in the best position to allow those players to do what they do best and to succeed. And that is what precisely what Hue did (in Oakland), and what Hue does.”

I'm excited to see a coach who hopefully won't try to fit square pegs in round holes and will work towards a player's strengths. Now let's see who his coordinators and GM are.

^This. Mike was too damn inflexible about his "system".

It's not too early for optimism. We got a coach that other teams wanted, a guy with head coach experience, and someone who is highly respected. I'm obviously not saying it's time to start talking PLAYOFFS, but optimism suits me just fine.

"PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!"

- Jim Mora

There should be optimism. He was wanted by other teams and he chose us. I also like him because it's being reported he wants nothing to do with Billy Vegas...so we can move on from that shit show. He has HC experience and we took a guy from a division rival and we did it early enough in the offseason that he shouldn't have trouble putting together a staff. All in all...I think it's a good hire.

Jimmy Donovan of WKYC just reported that Hue Jackson is the man the Browns want, and they feel that they can make him an offer.

Question is, does he really want to come here?

saw a scroll acrosss espn...says the mental midget would have to be gone and the response was they would remove the mental midget.. looks like a complete clean house...sure there will be other players and coordinators gone also....wow....starting from scratch....again...yikes...

Dude who knows both sides of the ball. Prior was quoted saying "he made playing fun, you wanted to go out and play for him". Good hire.

good hire eh....he hasn't even done anything yet....hopefully he will...law of averages at this point, but no one knows if he is a good hire yet...cmon...

good hire eh....he hasn't even done anything yet....hopefully he will...law of averages at this point, but no one knows if he is a good hire yet...cmon...

He went 8-8 with a lousy Raiders team and they got rid of him for that 12 year old kid that barely lasted a season. He's got the most NFL HC success as anyone we've hired since Mangini.

saw a scroll acrosss espn...says the mental midget would have to be gone and the response was they would remove the mental midget.. looks like a complete clean house...sure there will be other players and coordinators gone also....wow....starting from scratch....again...yikes...

It's not like dumping manziel is the thing that makes it so we're starting from scratch.

He wasn't even our starter

I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire. We've tried everything else- why not bring in a guy who has previous HC experience? Knows the division, Bengals sad to lose him.

BTW, does this sound familiar?

From ESPN.....

"ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Reggie McKenzie made clear on his first day as Raiders general manager that there's a new regime in Oakland.

Soon after officially signing his contract to be the first general manager since longtime owner Al Davis' death, McKenzie fired coach Hue Jackson in a bold first move as he looks to give the organization a fresh start.

"There comes a time when change is necessary," McKenzie said Tuesday. "For the Raiders the time is now. The Raiders organization, with respect and deference for all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era."

The era will begin without Jackson, who was fired after going 8-8 in his first season as head coach. McKenzie wanted to bring in his "own guy" to rebuild the organization.

When reached by CSNBayArea.com, an angry Jackson said, "(McKenzie) is going to gut this place."

"He wants to bring in his own guys. No job is safe right now," Jackson told the website.

Since 2002, the Raiders have had six different head coaches and all have lasted fewer than three full seasons. Since the start of the 1996 season, the Raiders have had nine different head coaches, the most of any team over that span, according to the Elias Sports Bureau."

Oh- this was the guy who hired Hue- couldn't help this one- the Old Crypt Keeper looked like he already had departed this life.....

pg2_a_jackson-davis01_576.jpg

Hue Jackson will make a deal for AJ McCarron. AJ knows Hue's system.

i'd take aj in a heartbeat but i find it almost impossible for the bengals to let him go being that dalton is getting older and if he blows another playoff or does not make the playoffs next season aj will be there guy with the way he filled in this yr. Even if the remote possiblility of letting him go, would mean we'd have to give up alot of picks i'm sure and we cannot do that...that is the issue...we need too much, but yet we need a good qb. I'm sure everyone is sick of this shit of a fill in mop up like we have been doing for what seems forever...

i'd take aj in a heartbeat but i find it almost impossible for the bengals to let him go being that dalton is getting older and if he blows another playoff or does not make the playoffs next season aj will be there guy with the way he filled in this yr. Even if the remote possiblility of letting him go, would mean we'd have to give up alot of picks i'm sure and we cannot do that...that is the issue...we need too much, but yet we need a good qb. I'm sure everyone is sick of this shit of a fill in mop up like we have been doing for what seems forever...

Forget McCarron- the Bengals won't let him go short of a King's Ransom.

LOL, "Cleveland, this is your Captain Hue- prepare for Take Goff".

He went 8-8 with a lousy Raiders team and they got rid of him for that 12 year old kid that barely lasted a season. He's got the most NFL HC success as anyone we've hired since Mangini.

i would have to say you are correct, however we still need a good gm to get him some good players, like a really good qb for instance... we just need so much still., but looking back at the past 3 hires, he would be the best. But i still need to see what his direction is before proclaiming him the turnaround man. I like to see results and he has yet to step on the field...

Not to be mean, but if you're disagreeing with me I know I'm on the right path ;)

Besides, Marrone (or Marrane?) is hardly an offensive guru, the guy has coached OL almost exclusively.

We got Hue and I'm happy about that.. I just think Marrone was a better fit.

Archived