THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheap Shot Stealers Weather Burfict Storm

Pumpkin Eater

I didn't see it either. The first report was that Jones pushed a ref and then later it was he pushed Porter. I did find this:

"After Porter appeared to bait them, Jones tried to push through an official to confront Porter. That's when the yellow flag came out that set up the Steelers' game-winning chip-shot field goal in the AFC wild card game at Paul Brown Stadium."

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bengals-adam-jones-may-have-been-in-the-right-when-he-blasted-refs-in-profanity-filled-tirade

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... "push through" is a good description. Had Jones actually pushed a ref, then he would have been ejected.

jones penalty was irrelevant though wasn't it? weren't they pretty much in fg range anyway?

Winning FG was a 35 yarder. Lot of difference between a 35 and a 50 yard try...

lol... not as clean? OK... but on a dirty scale of 1 - 10, the knee to the shoulder is a 1 at best.

The ankle twist on Cam? A 5...

The hit to AB's head? An 11...

What a bunch of pussies.

The sack on Ben was a good hard sack nothing more, nothing less.

Leave it to Steeler fans to bitch and moan about it even though they got gifted the game.

The hit on Brown was entirely dirty and intentional, Burfict will likely face not only a fine but also a suspension for that one.

Don't expect any for the hit on Ben though - if they do then that's just stupid.

oh my, is dirty little stinky now complaining about the hit on Ben? which was completely clean. Is squeeler nation trying to say there was a knee to the shoulder? Like Burfict knew he separated that shoulder? He was trying to steal the ball from Ben.....Pgh is pathetic. They have zero issue with dirty players until it's done to them.

The hit on Brown was entirely dirty and intentional, Burfict will likely face not only a fine but also a suspension for that one.

but even that wasn't. He pulled his elbow in. Harrison acknowledged it and Deion Sander talked about it after the game. In a situation like that if you're lookin to clean a guy out, the elbow jacks out. He still didn't get it out of the way so I have ZERO issue with the penalty, but fines and suspension i'm not sure about. If it was any other player they probably get the benefit of the doubt.

Elbow? To the helmet?

Unless Burfect swung it to generate more speed than his pads had, it would add nothing to the blow. However, it would have hurt like hell and perhaps injured his elbow.

I've been hearing that Antonio Brown has NO symptoms of a concussion, and will more than likely be given the go ahead to play against Denver this week.

Which, lends some creedence to Pacman Jones' claim on the Dan Patrick show that Brown should receive an academy award for his act.

According to Jones, when Antonio Brown left the field after the Burfict hit, he smiled and winked at him.

Elbow? To the helmet?

Unless Burfect swung it to generate more speed than his pads had, it would add nothing to the blow. However, it would have hurt like hell and perhaps injured his elbow.

no, not directly to the helmet....still shoulder. BUt with the elbow jacked out you maximize the hit and make sure you impact. It's like flaring out to give yourself maximum surface area. Had Burfict done that it would have raised him a little and Brown would have had to be carted off the field.

What this game has done is hopefully convince those who are still doubtful across the NFL world, that the squealers are dirty, cheating scum. In addition they are lucky scum and appear to be idolised by the refs. I believe that if a squealer had 'pushed' the ref it would have been ignored. Any other team (maybe not the Pats) gets a ridiculous 15 yard penalty against them. If Brown is not in the concussion protocol he must have been acting which means Burfict can't have tried to hurt him.

I pray for the day when we have players like Burfict on our team that kick the crap out of this disgusting franchise every season.

I pray for the day when we have players like Burfict on our team that kick the crap out of this disgusting franchise every season.

let's be honest though, Burfict is dirty too. I want a mean nasty ngr like him running our defense for sure. I don't want that dirty ankle turning Bs though. But starting fights with the oppositions main enforcer before the game? Oh hell yeah. Some hockey shit right there. If he could skate Burfict would be a god in hockey.

let's be honest though, Burfict is dirty too. I want a mean nasty ngr like him running our defense for sure. I don't want that dirty ankle turning Bs though. But starting fights with the oppositions main enforcer before the game? Oh hell yeah. Some hockey shit right there. If he could skate Burfict would be a god in hockey.

Burfict to CLE is not a possibility (this year, becomes UFA in 2017 IIRC).

Cincy will probably keep him. If they don't, they'll be looking at trading him to somebody not in the AFCN.

no, not directly to the helmet....still shoulder. BUt with the elbow jacked out you maximize the hit and make sure you impact. It's like flaring out to give yourself maximum surface area. Had Burfict done that it would have raised him a little and Brown would have had to be carted off the field.

Increase the odds of making contact? of making a tackle? Yes...

But "maximize the hit" by giving "maximum surface area"? No... physics just doesn't work that way.

Increase the odds of making contact? of making a tackle? Yes...

But "maximize the hit" by giving "maximum surface area"? No... physics just doesn't work that way.

maybe that wasn't the best way to describe it. By tucking the elbow in you're bringing the shoulder down, brining the pad up and out a little increases the chances of catching the helmet. I think that's what Deion was after. It's something defensive players know about cause it's what they're being told "not" to do anymore.

Oh, I've no doubt about that possibility. Also no doubt about Porter being fined.

Whole point was Ghoulie making up the term "designated attendant".

Well, he was at least 1\2 right. :)

"Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee’s permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play."

Porter had no business being out there.

The Steelers won because they have character. The Bengals are thugs and they are out of control. Enjoy watching the Steelers on Sunday, 2 wins away from another trip to the Super Bowl... ho hum

Yeah- they have character like Shazier spearing that guy, or Porter illegally walking out on the field to bait the Bengals.

Um good try with the marginalizing bit, but they did more than just jeered, they threw beer as he was being carted off the field.

Ah yes back in the day when wicky wacky bengals coach Sam Wyche seized a microphone and delivered his most famous "you don't live in cleveland, you live in cincinnati" quip to snowball throwing Bengal fans.

They cloned cleveland and got cincinnati...one team named the "bungles" and the other the "clowns".. and both have Neanderthal fans that cant refrain from throwing shit on the field.

You'll never see that happen in Heinz field. Way too much class in Pittsburgh.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/ben-roethlisberger-cincinnati-fans-throw-beer-cheer-injury-carted-off-status-sack-bengals-steelers

No, it would happen in Pittsburgh..probably has.....if the refs ever gave games to the Steelers opponents (at their place) the way they seem to give games to the Steelers.

It's obvious his hair got caught in Munchak's hand. The Bungles were looking for a fight and you don't do that against the Steelers. LOVE to you

Its also obvious that when Munchak realized it, he gave a yank. Clear as day from the video. He's gripping pretty hard. It would be difficult to not notice you have a handful of dreads. It doesn't exactly feel like a clipboard now does it?

It's obvious his hair got caught in Munchak's hand. The Bungles were looking for a fight and you don't do that against the Steelers. LOVE to you

Going to use the hair getting caught in the hand defense...good luck with that.

PITTSBURGH -- The NFL is reviewing Steelers assistant coach Mike Munchak's sideline spat with Bengals safety Reggie Nelson for possible discipline, according to a source. Munchak could receive a fine for his role.

The two previous posts beat me to it, but.............

Yep, just more Steeler rationalization- our guys can do no wrong. I saw that myself- and it was intentionally made to look unintentional. Plenty of dirty plays by both sides. Or wasn't it Tomlin who tried to trip that guy a few years back? Haven't forgotten that one either.

Maybe those guys should consider not wearing dreds. I LMAO when Polly-Moo-Moo got yanked down by the hair.

Archived