THE BROWNS BOARD

Has Everyone Read This?

wargograw

If not, you should. And watch the video at the bottom. 100% of 5 stars are paid, 80% of legit 4 stars (I would assume not 3 star-kinda guys that just get the bump late in their senior years).

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Read that awhile ago.

I'd like to see it broken down by school, conference, etc.

I'd love an NCAA governing body that actually investigates and clamps down on this stuff, but it won't happen. Alabama makes them too much money to look into why Trent Richardson is rolling around in a 40k+ car...

I remember reading that a while ago. Rather excellent piece about the degradation of the collegiate athlete to what amounts as an item to be bought.

Obviously you have the right to take whatever you want to take from the article, but per the video, that wasn't their intention at all. They just wanted their readers, who are all college football fanatics, to have a basic understanding of how this works because it's such an integral part of the game and yet it's something no one knows the first thing about.

Woody, I remember Vince Young had an Escalade here in Austin back in the day. Hilarious. Cleve Bryant was a miracle worker.

Then so be it. Some level of this exists at every school, sure. There are some schools I have yet to see star athletes connected to expensive cars in though, or fishy loans, or wads of cash.

I'd love a level playing field. In all aspects of cfb, not just this. That's never going to happen though.

Do you really think an investigation will show the Big Ten is as bad as the SEC? Cam Newton, Bama, Ole Miss, etc.

Good response from you.

Oh no, we're the dirtiest. No doubt. In the video in the OP link they actually get into some theories on why the SEC is worse about this. I'm not sure what's legit. I think there's a lot to the idea that there aren't any pro teams in Mississippi and Alabama. So those four schools cheat (MSU not nearly as badly as the other three). Then it creeps out from there.

It was definitely suspicious. I don't know how the NCAA protocols work, but if they have any sort of "probable cause" clause, then I'm not sure an inordinately good class qualifies. Although you'd think it would since inordinately high test scores for recruits are checked out.

The article tries to slough it off as just a kid doing stupid things. Sure...he did a stupid thing.....he showed off some of the under the table cash money that he probably gets paid on a regular basis to play football at Ole Miss.

The author calls it stupid. The rest of us call it cheating....for which he should probably be suspended right now for so that he can get ready for his professional career with the Cleveland Browns where he does not have to hide the fact that he get money for playing.

and?

showing me something at Louisville doesn't prove your "everyone does it" theory. Add Louisville to the list of shady schools if you want to.

I expect nothing less from an SEC fan to throw the "everyone does it" card. That would be much easier than admitting you're the shadiest conference, with Bama leading the pack.

I would still love the NCAA to grow a spine and actually investigate this stuff. That's asking for too much though.

I am of the unsubstantiated opinion that Bama can give more cash to these kids than anyone else in the SEC....and probably the nation......and that their HGH program is East Germany scale successful.

They definitely CAN. Lots of money for football over there, and no doubt they spend it. But also being the most dominant program of the last decade makes recruiting a little easier.

I bet auburn and LSU are paying just as much though. Ole Miss can be bad but they don't bring it every year like other schools do.

They definitely CAN. Lots of money for football over there, and no doubt they spend it. But also being the most dominant program of the last decade makes recruiting a little easier.

Well....that and giving more cash helps.

I bet auburn and LSU are paying just as much though. Ole Miss can be bad but they don't bring it every year like other schools do.

What about TAMU.

Do you know from personal experience?

The real miraculous part is that no one has snitched on all this. No one wants the gravy train to pull into the station I guess.

Archived