THE BROWNS BOARD

The Gipper's Rock n Roll Trivia

You certainly didn't specify Simon and Garfunkel. Thereby still validating my answer for 4.

The question was "where are the words of the prophet written". Answer for SOS by S&G is "on the subway walls and tenement halls".

You said "subway walls and concert halls".

Is there a variation on these lyrics on some other song or cover? I didn't see where you cited that. Show it.

The question was "where are the words of the prophet written". Answer for SOS by S&G is "on the subway walls and tenement halls".

You said "subway walls and concert halls".

Is there a variation on these lyrics on some other song or cover? I didn't see where you cited that. Show it.

The spirit of radio by rush. I clearly mentioned that.

It's not a parody steve. It's a rock classic that gets tons of airplay all the time. Jesus h. Christ

Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound Of Silence" contains the lyrics: "For the words of the prophets were written on the subway walls, and tenement halls... and echo with the sound of silence."

These are parodied by Neil Peart into, "For the words of the prophets are written on the studio wall, and concert halls.... and echo with the sound... of salesmen." Rush has been accused of taking themselves too seriously, but references like this show how they were slyly aware of the context in which they performed. That they could take themselves lightly was further borne out by their 2008 appearance on The Colbert Report.

From the song facts website.

WSS

Archived