THE BROWNS BOARD

"We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig"

Browns149

Agreed but lucky me. I get to watch Hoyer fuck up all over again here in Houston. He was his usual crap self today against the Bills. I hated him when I had NFL ticket and now I'm stuck with him here in Houston. I just don't get it!

he's fucking 1,000,000 times better than anything we have...pfffffft...

I agree we are a Urban Meyer away from the Super Bowl, yes!

Maybe, but not him.

OSU will pay him more than any NFL team would. You know that he will contact Saban before he making a move to the NFL and I guarantee that Nick would tell him don't do it. Miles would say so too! All these high profile coaches, especially if they were in the same conference, talk to each other.

he's fucking 1,000,000 times better than anything we have...pfffffft...

Not today. His passes were way off target. He simply sucked!

I still say give Johnny a go and see what he can do. Oh wait we're in the Elliot sweepstakes aren't we?

We need to bring 85 year old Jimmy Breslin out of retirement. Wrote that famous book about the '62 Mets "Can't Anybody Here Play This Game?"

We are football's version of the "Lovable Losers" who went 40-120 in 1962.

Maybe, but not him.

OSU will pay him more than any NFL team would. You know that he will contact Saban before he making a move to the NFL and I guarantee that Nick would tell him don't do it. Miles would say so too! All these high profile coaches, especially if they were in the same conference, talk to each other.

Urban Suburban ain't coming- said as much today. Smart man. I don't want a guy (Saban) who bailed as soon as the going got tough.

Jimmy- do the fans a favor- fire Mike- today. Obvious the team has quit on him. He's as toasted as the Browns cornerbacks were today.

Players especially on the defense were giving half-assed effort. Anyone else notice Tramon Williams on AJ Greene's TD pass look like he gave up on the play as soon as he was beat?

The safety screwed the pooch on that one, TWilliams was supposed to have help over the top.

Number one offseason fix has to be stop the run / rush the passer.

Look . . . 8 teams have scored 30+ points on us.

We have held one team to fewer than 24 points all season - Which happens to be Tennessee who just made us the undisputed worst team in the league with their win today.

You roll with Johnny next year and see if he is able to continue with the progress he's made so far this year. Hopefully smokey comes back sober, in shape and ready to play and re-sign Benjamin. With those two and Barnidge you could have a reasonably serviceable group of targets. Running back is the only offensive player I would target in the offseason. Possibly another OL if there's a steal in the later rounds, and Mack escapes.

Drafting another rookie QB at this point is just dumb. All that will get us is another broken QB that got put into a bad situation out of the gate. Let's face it, this isn't a team that's just a QB away . . . It's an entire defense away.

I would fire Pettine and hire a coach to go back to the 4-3 and draft Bosa with the #1. I would draft a RB in rd 2-3. All other picks would be best defensive player available.

I would put Dansby ILB, I would try Mingo as a strong side, and put kirksey weak side If we had to roll with them as linebackers year one. Kruger could put his weight back on and play end opposite Bosa, which I think would greatly help his pass rush numbers.

I really don't think we're as far away as it looks. I just think this staff has no fucking idea what they're doing

That's one thing but what made me think he wouldn't want to be here was that I heard from various people that he said he'd rather play another year at OSU than get drafted by the Browns. I hope that's all just bullshit, and it could be, but this came up too....

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2014/06/36668/joey-bosa-on-cleveland-little-run-down-dirty-hole-of-a-city

If he wants to be here great, but I don't want someone who doesn't want to be here, here, no matter how good he is.

I thought it was impossible to pass Shurmer in incompetence but this staff has lapped the field in stupidity

yeah, and i remember mr joe thomas saying before shitmurs 3rd yr...'I THINK WE GOT THIS THING TURNED AROUND FINALLY"....WONDER WHAT HE REALLY REALLY THINKS NOW....BECAUSE THIS IS WORSE...

Cardale Jones.

At least he's fun to watch.

I'll still take cardale jones on the browns. Listen to everyone knock johnny. Blah blah blah he's short can't take a hit. Noodle arm yadda yadda yadda. Cardale is the exact opposite. I'd take him.

And unlike browns fans and johnny haters I'd give him a couple of years OF STARTING to develop. Not five starts and get the fuck out of here.

Maybe Bosa can learn to love us...

Someone asked in the game day thread how having the #1 could get worse... this is how.

Goggle can't find Bosa saying he won't play for us, but a top prospect saying he won't play for the team holding the #1 would be the way the pick gets devalued.

And without a stud QB, stud LT or world class CB in sight, it's already a pretty modestly value... not to mention that we use it for either the stud QB or a world class CB.

Not a Tunsil fan, Tour?

Well.. had to look him up to see who you were talking about so...

I've only seen Laremy a couple times and then only in pieces of games vs TAMU and LSU. Nothing jumped off the screen. I've spent no tape time on underclassmen and won't unless they declare.

Archived