THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh continues decades long tradition at Wishigan

Pumpkin Eater

Decades long?

You're the reigning national champs with loads of elite talent. We were 5-7 last year. We exceeded expectations in Harbaugh year 1. Your fan base imploded after their first lost in 23 games.

Losing sucks. Getting blown out sucks. But we're clearly n the right track.

Good luck in the CFP...

and no one said they didn't. No one thought Harbuagh would turn a 5-7 team that lacked any kind of development into a national contender.

You can't go from saying Harbaugh sucks before the year started, to then ripping him because he only went 9-3 with this team lol.

Saturday sucked. Terrible day. Great season. Plenty of forward progress and more than you could ask for in one year.

and I still disagree

When we hired Harbaugh you were leading the charge of why he wasn't good and won't succeed. Logic was just left at the door. The fact you'd call him a quitter is kind of ridiculous. I can only imagine what Meyer is in that regard then...

(this was of course after there was "no way he'd leave the NFL")

but like I said. Bad game. Great season. There was a lot of improvement and we're doing very well in recruiting. I'm happy with it.

Decades long?

Your point is valid.....it has only been a decade and a half. Before that, you had John Cooper helping you out.

You're the reigning national champs with loads of elite talent. We were 5-7 last year. We exceeded expectations in Harbaugh year 1. Your fan base imploded after their first lost in 23 games.

Nobody imploded. Not sure where you got that. They only mimicked the players in questioning the coaching decisions made vs. MSU.....rightly questioned. Meyer even questioned himself....and made changes that helped

Perhaps.

Good luck in the CFP...

Not gonna happen

and no one said they didn't. No one thought Harbuagh would turn a 5-7 team that lacked any kind of development into a national contender.

You can't go from saying Harbaugh sucks before the year started, to then ripping him because he only went 9-3 with this team lol.

Saturday sucked. Terrible day. Great season. Plenty of forward progress and more than you could ask for in one year.

Sure. You are right. I am not sure what the preseason predictions for TUN were.....perhaps around .500? If so, then yes, expectations exceeded.

and I still disagree

When we hired Harbaugh you were leading the charge of why he wasn't good and won't succeed. Logic was just left at the door. The fact you'd call him a quitter is kind of ridiculous. I can only imagine what Meyer is in that regard then...

(this was of course after there was "no way he'd leave the NFL")

but like I said. Bad game. Great season. There was a lot of improvement and we're doing very well in recruiting. I'm happy with it.

As long as TTUN gets most of its talent from Ohio....as it has in year's past...and in the present (23 Ohio players on its roster)...it will do OK in recruiting.

Meyer has three national championships? Not sure why you would say he's a quitter. He essentially quit UF to come home and coach OSU, his dream--and much more appealing--job.

"Not sure why you would say he's a quitter" "He essentially quit UF..."

that

Decades long?

Your point is valid.....it has only been a decade and a half. Before that, you had John Cooper helping you out.

Nobody imploded. Not sure where you got that. They only mimicked the players in questioning the coaching decisions made vs. MSU.....rightly questioned. Meyer even questioned himself....and made changes that helped

Perhaps.

Good luck in the CFP...

Not gonna happen

Right. And you had RRod and Hoke...

The fanbase got pissed because you laid an egg. The OC fucked up.

Not perhaps. Objectively. But again... this board and being objective...

That was the joke

As long as TTUN gets most of its talent from Ohio....as it has in year's past...and in the present (23 Ohio players on its roster)...it will do OK in recruiting.

Again, you're mind is trapped in a state thats decades old. Recruiting only Ohio is not a recipe for success. Even OSU isn't recruiting mostly Ohio.

Michigan will recruit nationally and they'll succeed at is. Harbaugh is putting together a nice class. 2017 will be the first where he doesnt have to make up any ground

Right. And you had RRod and Hoke...

And don't forget Carr....whom I suspect you think was a pretty good coach. In this OSU run that started with the hiring of Jim Tressel, he regularly beat Carr. His record was 1-6. So your excuse of having those two bad coaches doesn't necessarily wash. Since Tressel came on, Carr has lost as many games to OSU and RR/Hoke and now Harbaugh combined.....and 42-13 is not an auspicious start for Harbaugh

The fanbase got pissed because you laid an egg. The OC fucked up.

Well, welcome to football in America......a fan base got pissed about losing. Imagine that.

(Its a bad thing when a fanbase does not get pissed about losing.....apathy setting in is worse.....see the Cleveland Browns fanbase, which is about there)

Again, you're mind is trapped in a state thats decades old. Recruiting only Ohio is not a recipe for success. Even OSU isn't recruiting mostly Ohio.

Well, if it is a decades old recipe....then it must still be a good one....as they are still following it.

Look at there roster: http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mich-m-footbl-mtt.html

I didn't count it, but just on a cursory view, they seem to have almost as many Ohio players as Michigan players on there.

Michigan will recruit nationally and they'll succeed at is. Harbaugh is putting together a nice class. 2017 will be the first where he doesnt have to make up any ground.

So? You are conceding 2016 to Ohio St.?

Gipper, do some kind of state-by-state breakdown on OSU's roster. Thanks.

Here it is, Check it out:

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/osu-m-footbl-mtt.html

I see only 3 players on it from Michigan.....whereas Michigan has 23 players from Ohio (and, by the way, it has been this way for decades ever since Barberton Bo coached there)

Buckeyes do do a lot of national recruiting.....there are a number of Florida players there, there are as many Texas players as Michiganders on the team.

Pretty sad that wishagin fans think a 9-3 season was a "great" season. Especially after getting rolled by OSU

9-3 and a loss like that to meatchincken and people would be fired in Columbus

9-3 with the changes in place, the roster he had, last years results, etc IS a very good season.

OSU has had a lot of scheme and talent consistency even when changing to Urban.

No fuck we want to be better. But we're realistic and understand the situation

You can be a troll OSU fan and make for of that or you could use your brain.

Archived