THE BROWNS BOARD

If Pettine is not around next year, is Chip Kelly a good option?

jiggins7919

Chip Kelly imo runs an unreasonable offense for the nfl. There is a reason he's struggled since the one season he took the league by surprise. The Browns would need to change a large part of their team to make his quick offense work.

Yea, maybe, but, oddly JFF is one guy that could perhaps run that offense.

Firing yet another coach is one of the bigger mistakes the Browns could make.

It is a vexing conundrum.....get rid of someone you think may be inept (this defense is clearly ineptly run) or give a guy time to work out of it. Yes, a number of coaches started out poorly their first few years, but went on to do well: Noll, Walsh, Belichick, Landry etc. Hard to say what we have here.

When was the last coach that was actually able to make a mark on a team in Cleveland?

Butch Davis could have.....but he overreached.

Continuity and trust will go a long way with pettine. You can't keep white washing the process and expect something to miraculously change. You should hope that if haslam learned anything while part of the steelers it was that continuity is important. No way would I fire pettine after one season.

It has been two seasons now......and the fact is....Pettine has gotten worse. Last week was one of the worst coached game in the last 15 years.....and there have been a lot of bad games in that time.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have given Mangini another year.

WSS

Mangina did nothing but alienate players and brought in useless aging vets.. No thanks..

Yep, plus he didn't want to come here, said we didn't have enough talent.

So what does he do in Philly? Purges the talent they had (McCoy, Maclin, DeSean Jackson, etc.). I think the Browns could beat the Eagles right now.

You had me till....I think the Browns...

Kelly will get the same millions to go fix USC/LSU or any college coach opening to coach Kids cause he sure the hell can't handle Grown Men.. Dungy would be like watching Banner fall asleep in the middle of a presser. Get Younger with some Fire on the podium please.. A Bryan Kelly @ND would be a better Kelly along with Leroy Kelly.. Hell Nau to Chip Kelly here

Hasn't Dungy been retired for a while? That implies to me he doesn't want to work again, so why would we want him? Isn't it better to keep someone who wants (hopefully) to prove themselves? These are genuine questions, I'm not intending to sound sarcastic.

Chip Kelly...hell no!

^+1. Anyone who watched the Lions plaster the Eagles today still want him? I agree with Vag- Kelly has been figured out. Too bad we don't play the Eagles this year.

The guy is a control freak that can't evaluate talent on the Pro level. Ran off some mighty good players I'd be happy to see on the Browns.

^+1. Anyone who watched the Lions plaster the Eagles today still want him? I agree with Vag- Kelly has been figured out. Too bad we don't play the Eagles this year.

The guy is a control freak that can't evaluate talent on the Pro level. Ran off some mighty good players I'd be happy to see on the Browns.

well that defense isn't his fault though is it?

Kelly cleaned,house by getting rid of all their star players, then got Deer caught in headlights, Bradford who's terrible! Demarco,Murray doesn't fit his system and they just lost to the Lions by 30 points, last week to Bucs by almost 30. A rookie QB TOSSED 5 touchdowns against this group.

Kelly is horrible. But he would clean house!

Kelly inherited a decent team looking to go to the next level. He had some success with the players they had, including Shady, Foles, Jackson, & Maclin, then he wanted to run it all his own way, sung a browns-worthy trade for Sam Bradford, is surprised at his non-elitenes and injury proneness, and his team is now sitting at 4-7.

What about this exactly screams 'hire me just as soon as I'm fired from my current job'?

Yeah... Uh... Jim isn't leaving any time soon lol.

He could have had half of the HC jobs in the NFL last year if he wanted them.

Never said he was. That would be the only coach I'd want at this point in time other than Mike Pettine. Even if the hoodie wanted to be in Cleveland, no thanks unless it was a GM.

Archived