THE BROWNS BOARD

Dozens murdered in Paris terrorist attacks

StinkHole

yet, that has happened very, very rarely with the abortion bombings.

terrorism is all over the world, same mo.

The first is a nutjob gone violent.

The second.... is a world wide violent movement.

Come on...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't "moderate" Muslims the ones who were in the streets in New York dancing, cheering, celebrating satan (Allah) on the morning of September 11, 2001?

The idea of "moderate" Muslims is a joke. They don't exist. Some choose to have 3 wives and 15 kids to advance Islam instead of blowing themselves up.

Feelings and hugs aren't going to solve this problem.

Aren't "moderate" Muslims the ones who were in the streets in New York dancing, cheering, celebrating satan (Allah) on the morning of September 11, 2001?

The idea of "moderate" Muslims is a joke. They don't exist. Some choose to have 3 wives and 15 kids to advance Islam instead of blowing themselves up.

Feelings and hugs aren't going to solve this problem.

Sounds like someone needs to remove the breitbart-IV and actually meet some muslims.

Not expecting one - just not lumping in all muslims with jihadis, not lumping all white people in with white supremacists, not lumping all christians in with Kony. And I'm not talking crusades.

Abortion clinic attacks are legitimately terrorist attacks - perpetrated by extremists, unless you don't count bombing something you disagree with extremism.

Abortion clinics. Wow. How many have died in abortion clinic bombings? A dozen?

Anyway I would not call them terrorist attacks

Those are attacks on facilities where babies are being murdered by the hundreds. At least according to the mindset of the people who commit the attacks.

Fucked up? No doubt. But not what I would call terrorism which is basically slaughtering innocent people as in a discotheque Shopping Center or public transportation.

WSS

Abortion clinics. Wow. How many have died in abortion clinic bombings? A dozen?

Anyway I would not call them terrorist attacks

Those are attacks on facilities where babies are being murdered by the hundreds. At least according to the mindset of the people who commit the attacks.

Fucked up? No doubt. But not what I would call terrorism which is basically slaughtering innocent people as in a discotheque Shopping Center or public transportation.

WSS

I don't think I ever said it was on the same level, just that it's an extremist attack that people do not feel the need to condemn explicitly because it's explicit.

If you want to talk about sheer numbers, you can look at the IRA, which is obviously not muslim, but killed thousands of people in the UK in the mid-late 20th century.

I think you have an incorrect definition of terrorism, btw.

I don't think I ever said it was on the same level, just that it's an extremist attack that people do not feel the need to condemn explicitly because it's explicit.

If you want to talk about sheer numbers, you can look at the IRA, which is obviously not muslim, but killed thousands of people in the UK in the mid-late 20th century.

I think you have an incorrect definition of terrorism, btw.

I haven't looked it up in the dictionary yet but feel free to enlighten me.

Group of citizens surrounds and burns down a crack house. Terrorism or not?

WSS

I haven't looked it up in the dictionary yet but feel free to enlighten me.

Group of citizens surrounds and burns down a crack house. Terrorism or not?

WSS

"the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." - google

So, abortion clinic/doctor attacks would fit that definition pretty neatly. Crack house attack? I'd guess that comes under vigilante.

"the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." - google

So, abortion clinic/doctor attacks would fit that definition pretty neatly. Crack house attack? I'd guess that comes under vigilante.

Only because you approve of crack houses more than abortion. I imagine zealots would see either one as an affront to society.

WSS

Only because you approve of crack houses more than abortion. I imagine zealots would see either one as an affront to society.

WSS

Not really. One is legal and one is not. I'm not sure why you decided to bring crack houses up, and expect a black and white answer to a question that has a whole load of unstated variables?

Not really. One is legal and one is not. I'm not sure why you decided to bring crack houses up, and expect a black and white answer to a question that has a whole load of unstated variables?

When do I assign things to black and white? Please.

The law is not, or should not be the moral arbiter in any situation.

I selected a crack house because the activities inside ruin or destroyed lives. If the authorities refused to protect the neighborhood then that neighborhood shows the crack dealers their actions will not be tolerated.

Until there is a law against abortion I see no reason why people who believe it's murder at a certain point in time should be expected to blindly allow it.

Still in neither of those cases were the protagonists blowing up nightclubs or restaurants.

I could understand the 911 bombers believing they were attacking the Financial court of the enemy. Not nearly the same as bombing a movie theater.

WSS

"Thou shall not commit murder"

Compared to

"Infidels must convert or die"

Sad truths about religions...all of them have some sort of "Thou shall not kill" type of rule\commandment.....then spend the rest of their Holy Book giving exceptions, allowing people who are extremist to use religion to justify their actions.

As has been said ad infinitum here, you can use the quran, or the bible (or basically any religious text probably) to promote violence, or to promote peace. The more educated in the west are generally more peaceful, at least these days, and the less educated in the middle east and africa are promoting violence for their own ends. Shocking, really.

As has been said ad infinitum here, you can use the quran, or the bible (or basically any religious text probably) to promote violence, or to promote peace. The more educated in the west are generally more peaceful, at least these days, and the less educated in the middle east and africa are promoting violence for their own ends. Shocking, really.

Yeah we all know about the bloody reign of Jesus mentioned in the New Testament.

Yep, and that's why nobody killed anybody or did anything bad in the name of Christianity in the last two millennia.

I'm not sure if people choose to ignore the past or just don't know about it.

Either way, the fact that Christian extremists are much fewer and far between nowadays compared to 1,2,3,4,5,6,700 years ago (etc.) is probably pretty directly related to the fact that the Western world is much more developed and educated nowadays - whereas the Arab world largely isn't.

But in history it has happened with Christans - book burnings, slaughters, public executions - all the same things people condemn now.

Imagine if the Arab world was following an extreme line of Christianity instead of Islam, it's pretty likely that some crazy sympathizers would leave the US, france, UK, germany, and other places to go join them in Syria --- similar to what's happening now.

Either way, the fact that Christian extremists are much fewer and far between nowadays compared to 1,2,3,4,5,6,700 years ago (etc.) is probably pretty directly related to the fact that the Western world is much more developed and educated nowadays - whereas the Arab world largely isn't.

But in history it has happened with Christans - book burnings, slaughters, public executions - all the same things people condemn now.

Imagine if the Arab world was following an extreme line of Christianity instead of Islam, it's pretty likely that some crazy sympathizers would leave the US, france, UK, germany, and other places to go join them in Syria --- similar to what's happening now.

The flip side, of course, is the question of whether those countries are more/less developed because of Christianity/Islam. Unfortunately it's quite tricky to answer.

Yeah we all know about the bloody reign of Jesus mentioned in the New Testament.

Old testament no longer part of the Bible?

History has been brought up many times....in a few posts someone will go off because nothing Christians did wrong in history was there fault.

The flip side, of course, is the question of whether those countries are more/less developed because of Christianity/Islam. Unfortunately it's quite tricky to answer.

Idk about that one, but we'd probably be many years ahead without some of the European monarchs and Catholic church that denounced literally every new discovery and killed people and burned books :P

Many of the areas that are undeveloped and now hot bed for extremists were once colonies under EU countries(mostly france and uk) and later pupet regimes supported by the West. During the "Middle" ages and Renaissance areas the Middle East was at the fore front of technology and social reforms, but post WW2 and colonialism they are considered far behind most of the Western world.

Old testament no longer part of the Bible?

According to my friends who know the Bible much much much much much better than I could possibly ever hope to no, not really. Christianity begins with the New Covenant.

I'm not aware of any new covenant laid forth by the new and peaceful Mohammad.

WSS

Archived