Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Cleveland they have Steeler Week.

In Cincinnati they have Steeler Week.

In Baltimore they have Steeler Week.

In Pittsburgh there's no such thing as Browns Week, Bengals Week or Ravens Week.

You do the math.

In Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore ... there is no math in your post.

Zombo

ESPN and other reporting that Johnny is starting this weekend. Makes sense considering he received "the majority" of practice reps this week, and McCown is still struggling with multiple injuries. On the road, at Pittsburgh...regardless if Ben plays...is a tough proposition. That being said, no time like the present to begin a legacy. Johnny will have a healthy offense, and also a complete week of practice. This is a big game for him, and I would love to see him play well. No turnovers, no drops, and some help from the running game. I don't think the Steelers will play a lot of cover two, and I'm guessing they will bring some unique pressure against us. Could be a good thing if Johnny can identify some single coverage and find the deep ball again.

13 pages later & We still sit with Landry Jones backed up by M. Vick. Than Josh Mc Cown backed up by Johnny Manziel. God I miss my childhood. Happy Steeler Week!! WWHHHEEEE!!! Go Browns!!

The Browns are still 2 NFL championships behind the Steelers though...

Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes the 4 AAFC Championships.

Then they came over to the NFL and murdered the NFL Champs and won the title in their first year, so they were legit.

Meanwhile, the Steelers sucked.

While things evened out, the Steelers still do not have 8 rings and we do.

Z

Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes the 4 AAFC Championships.

Then they came over to the NFL and murdered the NFL Champs and won the title in their first year, so they were legit.

Meanwhile, the Steelers sucked.

While things evened out, the Steelers still do not have 8 rings and we do.

Z

One Super Bowl ring trumps those garbage "championships"

One Super Bowl ring trumps those garbage "championships"

No, actually it doesn't.

Educate yourself on the greatness of that team.

You can start by googling "Paul Brown" and "Otto Graham".

Steeler fan mentality: "World War II doesnt count because it was in the 1940s. Today's armed forces would kill those clowns."

Z

Kinda dull this season... let's try adding a little PFF fuel to the fire. OL rankings...

FYI... we were 2nd.

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (13th)

Pass blocking rank: 5th
Run blocking rank: 20th
Penalties rank: 23rd

Stud: You don’t normally mention the name of Ramon Foster (85.8), but he’s playing at a really high level now.
Dud: It’s hard to replace a talent like Maurkice Pouncey. Cody Wallace (32.6) is really confirming that.

Summary: Injuries have the potential to cripple this line, which is a real shame, because over the years, the Steelers have done a tremendous job acquiring talent.

No, actually it doesn't.

Educate yourself on the greatness of that team.

You can start by googling "Paul Brown" and "Otto Graham".

Steeler fan mentality: "World War II doesnt count because it was in the 1940s. Today's armed forces would kill those clowns."

Z

So you think only Steeler fans don't give a fuck about your championships? Ask a Tampa Bay fan how much he cares about your championships. I'm sure he's much happier with his lone Super Bowl victory.

Even middle aged to young browns fans who have not experienced the thrill of being a winner in their entire lifetimes are tired of hearing about how great it was over 50 fuckin years ago... for someone else.

And you know what else I don't give a fuck about? That the Steeler sucked during their first 37 years of existence. Wasn't around to root for those teams.

Since the formation of the new league the Steelers have won more games than anyone having only 9 losing seasons.

I'm living the greatness that are the Steelers and the only thing you got are history books.

You could say that about any past championship. Even the spoiled patriot fans don't give a shit about last year. All championships count, but everyone wants to win this year.

I don't know one person that talks about championships pre merger unless I'm on this board. I have a lot of diehard browns fan friends and not once have any of them brought it up. I'm not saying they don't matter but when comparing franchises in the here and now no one gives a damn about them.

Let's see we had the 60's Chargers on roids, Mark Gastineau on roids, Lyle Alzado, the great Randy White, Charlie Waters, John Dutton and a few of their 70's cowboys teammates, Joe Klecko...

One in ten ex-NFL players admitted to using roids, and its usage was rampant during the 80s until it was banned in 1987.

Gee, I wonder why the 80's Steelers never won any Super Bowls.

2,552 former pro football players answered questions on their use of performance-enhancing steroids and the musculoskeletal injuries they suffered during their playing years.

Among the ex-players, 9.1 percent said they had used steroids.

http://consumer.healthday.com/general-health-information-16/alcohol-abuse-news-12/1-in-10-ex-nfl-players-used-steroids-poll-reports-624307.html

Haters can't stand that the Steelers are winners and will forever cling to steroid usage (by a few offensive linemen) as a way to discredit the stellar achievements of this team.

Since the formation of the new league the Steelers have won more games than anyone having only 9 losing seasons.

Someone has been hitting the history books.

I'm living the greatness that are the Steelers and the only thing you got are history books.

And the very next line you denounce history.

Well which one is it?

Haters can't stand that the Steelers are winners and will forever cling to steroid usage (by a few offensive linemen) as a way to discredit the stellar achievements of this team.

I'm a hater but do understand they had a great run in the 70s thanks to a great defense (mainly).

However, part of my hate stems from the "breaks" they got along the way. Immaculate Reception, Renfro's catch, Jackie Smith's drop. As great as those Steeler teams were, even you have to admit those 3 plays had a big part in the history of the Steelers. Only Denver & New England have gotten similar "breaks" in the 45+ years I've been watching.

As time has gone on, my hatred is more for the Ratbirds than the Steelers. I grew up hating the Steelers, and it was just a plain old bitter rivalry. My sister married a Steeler fan and she's lived in Pittsburgh for about 30 years. I still hate, but they fell to #2 on the list.

The NFL does not recognize them but I agree with what you're saying.

The teams of the AAFC basically were of comparable quality to those of the NFL but, in the first 10 years of post-World War II pro football, the Cleveland Browns proved to be the best in either league. With such all-time greats as quarterback Otto Graham, fullback Marion Motley and tackle-kicker Lou Groza leading the way, Cleveland won all four AAFC championships and amassed a 52-4-3 winning record. When the AAFC folded after the 1949 season, many insisted a major reason was the Browns' dominance that eliminated any viable competition. The AAFC-NFL settlement called for the Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts to join the NFL. Many NFL diehards, still not convinced the Browns were for real, expected Cleveland to fail badly when they played against the established NFL teams. But the Browns quickly proved their domination was no fluke by opening the 1950 season with a stunning 35-10 victory over the defending NFL champion Philadelphia Eagles

So you think only Steeler fans don't give a fuck about your championships? Ask a Tampa Bay fan how much he cares about your championships. I'm sure he's much happier with his lone Super Bowl victory.Even middle aged to young browns fans who have not experienced the thrill of being a winner in their entire lifetimes are tired of hearing about how great it was over 50 fuckin years ago... for someone else.And you know what else I don't give a fuck about? That the Steeler sucked during their first 37 years of existence. Wasn't around to root for those teams.Since the formation of the new league the Steelers have won more games than anyone having only 9 losing seasons.I'm living the greatness that are the Steelers and the only thing you got are history books.

Ok, Fucktard, here's the deal:

You have two choices....

1. Live in the past.

2, Live in the present.

If you choose to live in the past, you must include ALL of the past. That is ... Browns 8 titles in less years than it has taken Steelers to win 6 titles.

If you want to live in the present, then it is simply ... Browns with a one game winning streak.

What you CANNOT do, is cherrypick. I.E. "Let's choose 1970 as a starting point, because that supports my team".

That's gay ... and you damn well know it is gay.

So pick past or present, and be a man about it.

Z

Archived