THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

The irony is that the steelers deluded fans discredit championships from 60 years ago while crowing like imbeciles about championships from 40 years ago. Neither one is relevant now but they all existed.

They act like there's an expiration date on championships.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grab a casual fan off the street and ask them to measure a franchise. They aren't measuring on pre nfl merger wins. It's all in the super bowl era and since the super bowl has become a thing that browns have been pretty bad. It doesn't mean you shouldnt be proud of them but they aren't part of nfl success in this era. Super bowls or bust.

We'll wait for our team to go to super bowls WITHOUT STERIODS,

and taking out deliberate "hits" on qb's.

K. The entire nfl was using steroids in the 70's and the steelers weren't even the first to do it. Ask the chargers. Fair criticism only the steelers have won two more in the last 15 years and went to a third.

Grab a casual fan off the street and ask them to measure a franchise. They aren't measuring on pre nfl merger wins. It's all in the super bowl era and since the super bowl has become a thing that browns have been pretty bad. It doesn't mean you shouldnt be proud of them but they aren't part of nfl success in this era. Super bowls or bust.

The changing of the name of something does not get rid of everything that happened when it had the previous name. I guess you think if we rename it the Pencil Bowl and then BOOM, the Patriots suck they have never won a Pencil Bowl!

And the NFL merger and the Super Bowl era are not synonymous.

the steelers weren't even the first to do it.

ESPN disagrees....

"Steroid use was, after all, not banned by the league at the time, and I wonder if the spotlight has fallen on the Steelers largely because they were so damn good. Not everyone agrees, though. "It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Jim Haslett said in 2005 while coaching the New Orleans Saints. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

The Steelers challenged this statement, of course, but the ramifications -- and suspicions -- linger. A 2009 investigation by ESPN into the Steelers' history with performance-enhancing drugs found an alarming number of former players suffering from heart ailments. "Even if there is no pattern or clue linking the deaths to steroids," wrote the article's author, Mike Fish, "since 2000, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59.""

ESPN disagrees....

"Steroid use was, after all, not banned by the league at the time, and I wonder if the spotlight has fallen on the Steelers largely because they were so damn good. Not everyone agrees, though. "It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Jim Haslett said in 2005 while coaching the New Orleans Saints. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

The Steelers challenged this statement, of course, but the ramifications -- and suspicions -- linger. A 2009 investigation by ESPN into the Steelers' history with performance-enhancing drugs found an alarming number of former players suffering from heart ailments. "Even if there is no pattern or clue linking the deaths to steroids," wrote the article's author, Mike Fish, "since 2000, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59.""

You can't post or use logic with misguided Stooler fans... They only believe what they want to.... I mean just ask the late Steve Courson... too bad he cant talk.. he was there and saw those stooler assholes juicing.

Browns injury report on Friday will give a better idea. There's an article on the OBR that says Pettine won't play Bowe. We need weapons. Pittsburgh even without Big Ben has Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant and Deangelo Williams who rushed for over 200 yards against Raiders. In fact, Steelers had 500 scrimmage yards last week.

The Browns rank 29th against the run. If Williams plays the Steelers win. Williams has a swollen foot there's a chance he doesn't. But I can't take the Browns until their defense stops somebody. I ain't sipping the Kool-Aid anymore.

Go Browns

Gotta beat the Squealer's without Little Ben and Bell

Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

I must admit Im concerned.

Got to. The browns will have hell to pay from the fans and Cleveland media if they cant pull this one off against the hated Steelers.

The browns have lost 4 straight. They're due for a win. A browns win over the Steelers especially with Johnny at the helm and all will be good in Cleveland for about a week.

i have a bad feeling the browns are going to get the shit beat out of them...again.....for the 4th straight week...ugh.....There is no such thing as due for a win with this roster and coaching staff..

Friendly? You fuckwads are about as sociable as a skunk on the Pennsylvania turnpike. You imbeciles don't ever provide actual facts, infact we ask you to give some facts to back up your argument and you say something to the effect of "I would but you guys will just deny it becouse it is outside of what you think"

Think before you post. You are the literal definition of an internet troll.

Yeah, but honestly, the only facts we have is that we fucking suck yr after fucking yr...Don't have to look too hard for those facts columboking. Only when we turn this shithole around can we agrue facts. Then it probably would be fun to agrue facts with shitass steeler fans.

What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

What should concern Steeler fans is the mad raper is 33 and taken a lot of hits. The Bengals are the issue not the Browns

He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.

He doesnt take a lot of hits anymore. He's had two very unfortunate hits that result in injuries. One someone went illegally low and the last one his foot bent up weird. Our offensive line is keeping him very clean and at 33 I expect Ben will sign another contract with the steelers when that time comes and retire on his own terms. Ben is not getting hit anywhere close to the amount he used to period.

But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

But the hits he IS taking are doing more damage than when he was 8 years younger.

Don't go giving me some damn sob story the injury to St. Ben was due to a low hit. Everyone and his uncle (who isn't a Steelers fan) knows that's NOTHING compared to Kimo von Cheapshotten taking out Palmer's knee in that playoff game.

It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big hit or a result of the failings of his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.

It wasn't a sob story, defender came in low and I only mentioned it because it wasn't a big that resulted in the failings on his offensive line. The ball was already gone. He's been unlucky this season and I don't believe these injuries have anything to do with his age. The guy is already out of his walking boot and he was supposed to be in that for a decent while.

Ben is not unlucky.. He's getting exactly what he deserves.. I hope he breaks his leg..And I hope its career ending

That's not very nice. You know you posers could have drafted Ben, instead you drafted the Warrior Winslow. Thank you for that. We won 2 Super Bowls with Ben and I get the feeling we will one more before he is done. Steelers are nice and friendly, you Brownies are mean and bitter.

Then leave and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

LET BEN PLAY..... He loves mating with the Browns!

If he's drunk enough, he'll mate with anything, whether they like it or not, as long as his henchmen keep the bathroom door blocked.

If I had a Million dollars for every Brown Super Bowl, I would have Zero $'s

Only because you are dumb. If you had asked for a million dollars for every championship, you'd have $8 million.

KISSES...

eric_estrada_youre_a_homo.jpg

ZOMBO is a HOMER

??? Did you miss the sign on the door when you walked in here?

Zombo

Archived