THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

Measuring success in the here and now all anyone cares about is Super Bowls. It's just the nature of it. No one but Browns fans and purists talk about those old championships. Does it mean they are worthless? Absolutely not but success in the modern era is Super Bowls or bust. If I were a Browns fan id be proud of that history but once again it means jack in the here and now.

Still cant take away that the Browns have 4 championships

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every team has injuries.. Using them as an excuse is pretty pathetic but from a Squeeler fan who hangs out here all the time, I guess that is par for the course.

I've said several times its not an excuse. We are 5-4, the steelers have weathered a major storm. Good teams come out alright and the steelers have, now they need to do it again. Injuries are a part of the game.

Every team has injuries.. Using them as an excuse is pretty pathetic but from a Squeeler fan who hangs out here all the time, I guess that is par for the course.

Ive hardly posted over the last 6 months. I'm definitely not always here.

Sounds like you have a problem.

Inferiority complex.

Its glaring. Their team is a perennial loser. You come here to engage in friendly debate while presenting actual facts and instantly you're met with name calling and accusations of trolling only because your team is a perennial winner.

I shake my head and find it amusing at the same time.

Inferiority complex.Its glaring. Their team is a perennial loser. You come here to engage in friendly debate while presenting actual facts and instantly you're met with name calling and accusations of trolling only because your team is a perennial winner.I shake my head and find it amusing at the same time.

Friendly? You fuckwads are about as sociable as a skunk on the Pennsylvania turnpike. You imbeciles don't ever provide actual facts, infact we ask you to give some facts to back up your argument and you say something to the effect of "I would but you guys will just deny it becouse it is outside of what you think"

Think before you post. You are the literal definition of an internet troll.

Links to what? I can provide all the links you want but a lot of the time I dont see a reason to go through the effort. A lot of you just fluff if it off if it goes against your belief structure.

Here you go stinky! You and Vag just claim to have links up the ass but don't post them becouse we will "fluff it off"

Don't tell me what I will think, you will never know what I'm going to say/think

while presenting actual facts

You don't present anything - and when you attempt facts, you're simply wrong.

Hes never had more than 850 yards in any given season

.. Exactly. And my point, from many a post prior to that, was that Hawkins is at least equal to Bryant. See, a "fact" is that Bryant has not yet had more yards receiving in his career (811) than Hawkins had in his best season with the Bengals (824).

But let's see your reply:

Hawkings is not better than Brown or Bryant sorry.

Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say he was better.. my original post stated that they were equal. To be fair, I used the word "push" - maybe you've never played the fancy game of chance known as blackjack.

Haden has been getting eaten alive.

So? As I originally said, both Haden and Whitner [even if they're not playing very well] are still better than every single Steelers DB. Steelers DB's wouldn't make the Browns practice squad. Even the Browns starting CB tandem waiting in IR [Gaines and Ekpre-Olomu] are better than them.

Even so.. the comment that Haden isn't good doesn't disqualify him from being better than Steeler players.. because even when Haden stinks, he's still better than every Steeler.

Not a single one in the same territory as any of ours.

This is.. objectively wrong.

God how petty this thread has become. Lest you all forget neither Cleveland nor Pittsburgh is considered a top flight city. One's a hulking rust belt relic and the other is a overgrown mountain holler. No one from any major city gives a fuck about either of them.

And you would be wrong. National geographic a couple years ago listed Pittsburgh as a top 25 global destination. Pittsburgh is getting a lot of attention these days. It's been voted most livable city several times.

https://getfitpgh.com/pittsburgh-best-city/

You don't present anything - and when you attempt facts, you're simply wrong.

.. Exactly. And my point, from many a post prior to that, was that Hawkins is at least equal to Bryant. See, a "fact" is that Bryant has not yet had more yards receiving in his career (811) than Hawkins had in his best season with the Bengals (824).

But let's see your reply:

Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say he was better.. my original post stated that they were equal. To be fair, I used the word "push" - maybe you've never played the fancy game of chance known as blackjack.

So? As I originally said, both Haden and Whitner [even if they're not playing very well] are still better than every single Steelers DB. Steelers DB's wouldn't make the Browns practice squad. Even the Browns starting CB tandem waiting in IR [Gaines and Ekpre-Olomu] are better than them.

Even so.. the comment that Haden isn't good doesn't disqualify him from being better than Steeler players.. because even when Haden stinks, he's still better than every Steeler.

This is.. objectively wrong.

Hawkins is comparable to Brown? Hawkins hasn't had more than 1k receiving yards in any season.

And you would be wrong. National geographic a couple years ago listed Pittsburgh as a top 25 global destination. Pittsburgh is getting a lot of attention these days. It's been voted most livable city several times.

Pittsburgh is a hole. Shitty streets and ugly women,and the rest of Southwest PA is a bunch of idiot hillbillies who wear their hunting jackests (license attached) on a night out.

Z

Inferiority complex.

Its glaring. Their team is a perennial loser. You come here to engage in friendly debate while presenting actual facts and instantly you're met with name calling and accusations of trolling only because your team is a winner.

I shake my head and find it amusing at the same time.

You and your steeler homo friends are the definition of trolling.

Im not gonna even try to say Hawkins is better than Brown(he's not)....but, the numbers say Brown basically does well when Ben plays......and is pretty average when Ben is out....

Lets be honest, Brown leads the league in targets every year, so he should have a lot of yards....but, his "average" per catch is way way way down the list.....(very average, actually)

Tells me Ben is the reason.....and, Brown is his only reliable option.....

Last year, Brown had 180 targets and the Stoolers other 7 receivers had 182 combined....

Cleveland born and raised. Cleveland is a great sports town and USE to be a great music town. Still has the best orchestra in the world and one of the best medical facilities. It's on its way back now that it's rid itself of Jimmy D and the like.

Pittsburgh is a great sports town, and has transformed itself into a great city. It tends to lead rather than follow.

No. Go to New York. Talk about pittsburgh. No one cares.

Im not gonna even try to say Hawkins is better than Brown(he's not)....but, the numbers say Brown basically does well when Ben plays......and is pretty average when Ben is out....

Lets be honest, Brown leads the league in targets every year, so he should have a lot of yards....but, his "average" per catch is way way way down the list.....(very average, actually)

Tells me Ben is the reason.....and, Brown is his only reliable option.....

Last year, Brown had 180 targets and the Stoolers other 7 receivers had 182 combined....

Vick wasn't getting him the ball. Landry has been better. It's more about how many recievers would excel with a third or 4th string qb?

We have better food and beer than Pittsburgh too, plus we don't have to drive 6 miles in circles to get to the next block.

Pittsburgh has been placing above Cleveland for food over the last couple years. Beer is bigger in Cleveland because of great lakes brewing.

Anyway this is a football thread, it went elsewhere because people think Pittsburgh is some sort of cesspool when the reality it leads now in a lot of categories.

Pittsburgh has been placing above Cleveland for food over the last couple years. Beer is bigger in Cleveland because of great lakes brewing.

Anyway this is a football thread, it went elsewhere because people think Pittsburgh is some sort of cesspool when the reality is leads now in a lot of categories.

Leading the nation in inbreeding and most steel reserves consumed per capita are not things I'd be so proud of leading in.

the problem with pittspurge... is the dirtbag brand of players and fans.

How many crimes in pittspurge..... are committed by the the players?

After all, Bent Barfsonhisbooger is still on the loose......

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/pa/pittsburgh/crime/

Once again we can play a big time spoiler role. The Browns really have nothing to lose and the old NFL adage about any given Sunday holds. And if the Browns do get the win, I can see a lot of stealer fans jumping out of basement windows trying to kill themselves after the Browns put the finish on their playoff hopes. Vagstiink seems to have the big worries....me? none.

Once again we can play a big time spoiler role. The Browns really have nothing to lose and the old NFL adage about any given Sunday holds. And if the Browns do get the win, I can see a lot of stealer fans jumping out of basement windows trying to kill themselves after the Browns put the finish on their playoff hopes. Vagstiink seems to have the big worries....me? none.

Even if the steelers lose it doesn't do a whole lot to their playoff hopes so long as Ben comes back okay. You may want to check the AFC standings. We are starting Landry Jones and I'm not worried about it. You all can't stop much of anything defensively.

Archived