THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

Oakland's O is no joke, one of the better ones in the league right now. The Browns will be able to move the ball against the Steelers and put some points up. Not settling for fgs and turnovers will be the difference.

I know Oakland can put some points up on the board.

They only put up 27 pts on the Browns, and 35 pts on the Stoolers.

Does that mean the Browns D is better?

Should I start proclaiming how good the Browns defense is?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Oakland can put some points up on the board.

They only put up 27 pts on the Browns, and 35 pts on the Stoolers.

Does that mean the Browns D is better?

Should I start proclaiming how good the Browns defense is?

Oakland has been on a hot streak and terrific argument. You aren't smart.

. Forced four turnovers and if you haven't watched Oakland this year you can stfu. You said the above like Oakland is bad. The browns offense will be the worst offense we will face all season so far.

No dipshit, St Louis is the worst offense you will face all season.

BTW, the last time I saw you post you were on here telling us how good Mike Vick was.

How did that work out for you?

Oakland has been on a hot streak and terrific argument. You aren't smart.

Let's see...Oakland comes to town and drops 35 points on my team, and now I'm trying to convince someone on the Browns Board how good the Stooler defense is.

Yep, you're correct I'm not very smart. [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness i expect a good game against Cleveland. However no one here has earned the right to run their mouth. Your team sucks but in AFC North fashion finds a little extra for division games. Bell, Ben and Pouncey innthe lineup you get slaughtered. Jones under center with no bell and it will be a better game but you still lose. How are you even managing to run your mouth? Most of you want o fire letting already, nevermind one of the biggest issues with the browns is a complete and total lack of continuity. We are 5-4 with Ben missing 4 games already. We lost our all pro center early and just lost our all pro rb and still managed to beat a hot Oakland team without our star quarterback when it mattered most. Resilience. You are gonna fucking lose. Xoxo

No dipshit, St Louis is the worst offense you will face all season.

BTW, the last time I saw you post you were on here telling us how good Mike Vick was.

How did that work out for you?

2-2 with our third string qb. Our 4th string came in and won a game as well just like he did today. How do the Browns fare with that sort of adversity?

In all seriousness i expect a good game against Cleveland. However no one here has earned the right to run their mouth. Your team sucks but in AFC North fashion finds a little extra for division games. Bell, Ben and Pouncey innthe lineup you get slaughtered. Jones under center with no bell and it will be a better game but you still lose. How are you even managing to run your mouth? Most of you want o fire letting already, nevermind one of the biggest issues with the browns is a complete and total lack of continuity. We are 5-4 with Ben missing 4 games already. We lost our all pro center early and just lost our all pro rb and still managed to beat a hot Oakland team without our star quarterback when it mattered most. Resilience. You are gonna fucking lose. Xoxo

The Browns are heading into Pitt with 7 starters out.

Cry me a river.

The Browns are heading into Pitt with 7 starters out.

Cry me a river.

Not a single one in the same territory as any of ours. I'm also not crying. You'd get slaughtered with the steelers at full strength. You will just lose on Sunday now.

Your mighty defense just gave up 35 points to Oakland, who are you trying to bullshit?

He aint bullshitting no one...prior to this game the most scored on the Steeler D was 28, and that was against the Pats.

The Rams only managed 6 against the Steelers.

The Bengals only managed 16.

The Cardinals only managed 13.

Ravens 23.

Incidentally, the browns D was blown up by each of those teams.

He aint bullshitting no one...prior to this game the most scored on the Steeler D was 28, and that was against the Pats.The Rams only managed 6 against the Steelers.The Bengals only managed 16.The Cardinals only managed 13.Ravens 23.Incidentally, the browns D was blown up by each of those teams.

So another team scoring 35 points on your defense is something to brag about?

What fucking planet are two from?

Serious implications for the Browns? WTF does that mean

If you need help with any of the other words I use, let me know and I'll try to explain them to you.

implication [im-pli-key-shuh n] - something implied or suggested as naturally to be inferred or understood

Read the thread.

I'm not bragging. The steelers are better and you are fucking delusional. It's so comical how quickly a few of you can turn a thread around. People are talking about big Ben and his "boo boo's" and assuming it's going to be a walk in the park when the browns haven't proven they can hang with anyone in the upper echelon in their current state.

Steelers are "upper eschelon"?

Landry Jones can beat the browns. Who is stopping Williams and Brown?

We've lost to our share of back up QBs through the year, but only when we knock the starter out of the game. With Landry throwing, not need to stop Brown. Two-thirds down.

Williams... good back up, but we only have to contain him. He can't beat us single handed.

Now about your D...

22nd in the NFL in YPG with 374.

Better at 9th in PPG with 20.

In all seriousness i expect a good game against Cleveland. However no one here has earned the right to run their mouth.

It will be a good game. And if we get a couple of our injured players back, I believe we will win.

Not running my mouth, but could if I wanted to since this is a Browns website...

Don't have to earn a goddamn thing.

Steelers are "upper eschelon"?

We've lost to our share of back up QBs through the year, but only when we knock the starter out of the game. With Landry throwing, not need to stop Brown. Two-thirds down.

Williams... good back up, but we only have to contain him. He can't beat us single handed.

Now about your D...

22nd in the NFL in YPG with 374.

Better at 9th in PPG with 20.

It will be a good game. And if we get a couple of our injured players back, I believe we will win.

Not running my mouth, but could if I wanted to since this is a Browns website...

Don't have to earn a goddamn thing.

First off what matters yards or points? The defense has been bending but not breaking. They sit at 5-4 with Bell now missing several games, Bryant missing 4, Ben missing 4 1/2 and Pouncey out most of the season. If they aren't the pinnacle of resilience and solid play I don't know who is and the reality is if not for injuries we would likely be sitting at 7-2. Injruies are however a part of the game but good teams win when they are backed up against the wall and at 5-4 we are very much in the hunt. We'll see how they fair without Ben if he can't come back for Seattle after the bye week.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Efficiency ratings.

First off what matters yards or points? The defense has been bending but not breaking. They sit at 5-4 with Bell now missing several games, Bryant missing 4, Ben missing 4 1/2 and Pouncey out most of the season. If they aren't the pinnacle of resilience and solid play I don't know who is and the reality is if not for injuries we would likely be sitting at 7-2. Injruies are however a part of the game but good teams win when they are backed up against the wall and at 5-4 we are very much in the hunt. We'll see how they fair without Ben if he can't come back for Seattle after the bye week.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Efficiency ratings.

6-3 for sure. The Steelers even lost their kicker to injury. They win that Ravens game had they had a damn kicker.

I'm not bragging. The steelers are better and you are fucking delusional. It's so comical how quickly a few of you can turn a thread around. People are talking about big Ben and his "boo boo's" and assuming it's going to be a walk in the park when the browns haven't proven they can hang with anyone in the upper echelon in their current state.

You were bragging on how good Vick was and I'M the delusional one. The Stoolers can't beat the Pats or the Bungholes, guess what asswipe? The Stoolers aren't upper echelon, they won't even get e fucking WC this year.

i'm just hoping for a close game and not a blowout against the Browns. The backup running back from the Steelers looked good against the Raiders yesterday, and all the Steelers offense has to do is show up in the 2nd half when for some reason our defense forgets how to play. Hopefully with the long week the Browns get it together and figure out how to stop the run and how to stop quick slants. It'll be either a banged up Josh McCown or the newbie Johnny Manziel at QB, so defense really needs to help offense on Sunday.

Ordinarily, I'm super pumped about playing the Steelers. Remember last year? How much fun were those two games? I know we lost the first one, but to see us come back and almost take it...man...what a difference a year makes. This year, I hardly care anymore, and that's not me. I used to get pumped up, text all my friends, read every sliver of information about the game...and now...it's like it doesn't even matter.

Jim Donovan, Browns announcer, made an interesting statement the other day on our radio show. He said Mike Pettine is in "job security mode", and he's trying to make the record "look a little cleaner". In other words, Pettine wants to win as many games as possible, despite the need to play some of our younger players to see what they can do. You want my guess? If McCown can even pick up a football, he'll play this weekend. And I think this because I agree with Donovan. Pettine will do anything he can to win a game or two and make the record look as good as possible so MAYBE Haslam won't can him.

Winning games is obviously what it's all about, but not when you're 2-7 and completely out of any post season aspirations. Pettine needs to forget about starting McCown, playing Bademosi ahead of Desir and Gilbert, and has to figure out a way to get Erving into the game. We need to play our young guys so they can get real experience and so we can see what we have in them. Pettine will be tempted to start McCown because all of the sudden, this looks like a winnable game. Big Ben and Bell are both out, and we all know how the Steelers looked with Vick and Jones playing.

Play Manziel. Play Erving. And play Gilbert. It's not about winning right now, it's about building for the future. We are a bad football team, and nobody will deny it. During the past three games, we've been outscored 55-3 in the second half...that is not a typo. We don't get off the field on 3rd down, we don't have any play makers that can score, and we don't have anyone that can get to the quarterback with any regularity. It is what it is.

Vagidiotron was going to Disneyland. back in the day when they made it

to the superbowl.

They were driving on the Interstate when they saw the sign that said

Disneyland LEFT.

He started crying... and turned around and went home.

Two squeeler fags pushe their old Corvair into into a gas station. They tells the mechanic it died.

Vagidiotron says, “What's the story?”

He replies, “Just crap in the carburetor.”

Vagidiotron asks, “How often do I have to do that?”

Bent Rapistburger was driving through Ohio for the second day in a row.

A police officer stops him for speeding and asks him very
nicely if he could see his driver’s license.
He got out of his car, after putting on his high heels...
and replied in a huff, “I wish you guys would get your act together!
Just yesterday they took my license away and
now today you expect me to show it to you?”

Archived