THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

The line is good. It helps that we have an awesome coach but there are a lot of high draft picks on that line especially when healthy (Pouncey). The 31-10 game was before the offense explosion that took place last season and really that all started when Bryant saw the field. Look at the Steelers offensive numbers for the back half of last season. Bryant didn't play in either of the Browns games.

Ben is fantastic against pressure BUT I agree you are better off send some pressure. Fact is the Browns were forced to drop more in coverage because the defensive secondary was getting eaten alive and our line was picking up the blitz.

All of which brings me to my bet. what defense is slowing the Steeler offense down when healthy? The line is doing its job, Williams has been awesome in Bell's absence. brown is proving to be uncoverable, especially with Ben under center. Bryant is a freak of nature. You then throw in Miller, Wheaton and DHB after the top two and a line that is playing well. It's a tall order for any d in the league AND our defense is vastly improved.

Yeah Vag- the secondary was getting eaten alive because Haden and Whitner were out on concussion protocol. Williams on a good day is a #2 CB, Gaines saw his first action as a rookie, Desir is probably only a nickel corner- and BAD-emosi is a special teamer who can't cover practice squad players, much less Antonio Brown.

Inquiring minds want to know why Pettine in his (lack of) wisdom saw fit to inactivate Gilbert for the game. If he sucks worse than Bademosi, he's going to be rated as one of the all time CB busts.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Vag- the secondary was getting eaten alive because Haden and Whitner were out on concussion protocol. Williams on a good day is a #2 CB, Gaines saw his first action as a rookie, Desir is probably only a nickel corner- and BAD-emosi is a special teamer who can't cover practice squad players, much less Antonio Brown.

Inquiring minds want to know why Pettine in his (lack of) wisdom saw fit to inactivate Gilbert for the game. If he sucks worse than Bademosi, he's going to be rated as one of the all time CB busts.

I acknowledged that already. Either way Brown and Bryant are both extremely difficult assignments and they've both been doing it no matter the d with Ben under center.

I acknowledged that already. Either way Brown and Bryant are both extremely difficult assignments and they've both been doing it no matter the d with Ben under center.

& I'm not making excuses that our secondary sucks- just the reasons why it did.

Bryant isnt just a "number two" he's pretty damn good

Are you saying that the Steelers consider him to be their #1 over Brown.

and the steelers offense woke up soon after that Browns game.

But, they weren't awake for that game...as the Browns defense put them to sleep. We thought we had something.....but apparently they fell asleep themselves ever since.

Bryant could be the number one on a few teams right now. The Browns being one or them.

Yes, yes, if you recall, I wanted the Browns to take him.

Brown eats a ton of targets and Bryant is still going off. He missed 4 games this season, look at his stats WITH a qb carosel. The Browns were lucky to play both games so close together. I enjoy debating but you acknowledge so little as valid points its not worth me wasting my time.

You say so few valid points.....If you said a few more valid points I would acknowledge them.....like I just did about Bryant being a guy that could be #1 WR for the Browns. Don't expect me to pander to your stupidity for the limited amount of time you have left here.

People chalking the Steelers up as average are hilariously misguided.

But....it is a FACT that they have beaten one team with a winning record.

Now, from where I come, if you lose to winning teams, and beat bad teams...the makes you basically an average team.

Yinz did beat the Cards. but yinz have lost to the Pats and Bengals.....the only other two winning teams on yinzers schedule.

Yinz lost to two teams with losing records: Ravens and Chiefs. And you beat the other losing teams on your schedule: 49ers/Rams/Raiders/Chargers/Browns.

You have an easyish schedule coming up. With 6 games left you play 2 teams with winning records, 4 with losing records. So I suspect you will likely lose to the two winning teams....and to one of the losing teams. Which means you probably go 9-7 overall. Barely over .500. And yes, that is with BR playing.

In this scenario I am giving you wins over the Browns, Ravens and Colts. Losses to Seahawks (in Seattle)....meaning you have just that one week to be on this board) Broncos (home) and Bengals (road).

Your potential pitfall is at the end of the season.....at Ravens then at Browns. Steelers should win them both...but they are rivalry games, and you never know.

It is also possible that yinz do win a game against another winning team. I say your best shot is home vs. Broncos. I can see them slipping a bit.

Bryant isnt just a "number two" he's pretty damn good

Are you saying that the Steelers consider him to be their #1 over Brown.

and the steelers offense woke up soon after that Browns game.

But, they weren't awake for that game...as the Browns defense put them to sleep. We thought we had something.....but apparently they fell asleep themselves ever since.

Bryant could be the number one on a few teams right now. The Browns being one or them.

Yes, yes, if you recall, I wanted the Browns to take him.

Brown eats a ton of targets and Bryant is still going off. He missed 4 games this season, look at his stats WITH a qb carosel. The Browns were lucky to play both games so close together. I enjoy debating but you acknowledge so little as valid points its not worth me wasting my time.

You say so few valid points.....If you said a few more valid points I would acknowledge them.....like I just did about Bryant being a guy that could be #1 WR for the Browns. Don't expect me to pander to your stupidity for the limited amount of time you have left here.

People chalking the Steelers up as average are hilariously misguided.

But....it is a FACT that they have beaten one team with a winning record.

Now, from where I come, if you lose to winning teams, and beat bad teams...the makes you basically an average team.

Yinz did beat the Cards. but yinz have lost to the Pats and Bengals.....the only other two winning teams on yinzers schedule.

Yinz lost to two teams with losing records: Ravens and Chiefs. And you beat the other losing teams on your schedule: 49ers/Rams/Raiders/Chargers/Browns.

You have an easyish schedule coming up. With 6 games left you play 2 teams with winning records, 4 with losing records. So I suspect you will likely lose to the two winning teams....and to one of the losing teams. Which means you probably go 9-7 overall. Barely over .500. And yes, that is with BR playing.

In this scenario I am giving you wins over the Browns, Ravens and Colts. Losses to Seahawks (in Seattle)....meaning you have just that one week to be on this board) Broncos (home) and Bengals (road).

Your potential pitfall is at the end of the season.....at Ravens then at Browns. Steelers should win them both...but they are rivalry games, and you never know.

It is also possible that yinz do win a game against another winning team. I say your best shot is home vs. Broncos. I can see them slipping a bit.

Chiefs - Vick

Ravens - Vick/Scobee

Those are wins with Ben under center or a kicker worth a damn.

Chiefs - Vick

Ravens - Vick/Scobee

Landry Jones played against the Chiefs, NOT VICK, you don't even fucking know what happened in your own teams games. This is exactly why Gipper doesn't acknowledge any of your points as valid, cause you don't even know what is going on with your own team.

Landry Jones played against the Chiefs, NOT VICK, you don't even fucking know what happened in your own teams games. This is exactly why Gipper doesn't acknowledge any of your points as valid, cause you don't even know what is going on with your own team.

Lol. Landry Jones/Vick they are both back ups and not Ben and that was my point. (Considering the number of injuries we've had its easy to forget who started what games) Gipper likes to foam at the mouth and reaaaaaally drinks the Browns koolaid. You taking it all in? Reddit has a decent browns sub when you decide to look for another board.

@treed1919: Steelers' Arthur Moats fined $8,681 by NFL for face mask penalty on #Browns' Johnny Manziel.

Should have been at least $25k.

Chiefs - Vick

Ravens - Vick/Scobee

Ravens, minus 1\2 their team- so go pound salt.

Should have been at least $25k.

Ravens, minus 1\2 their team- so go pound salt.

Josh scobee.

According to ESPN the ravens aren't even in the top ten for injuries. The steelers are third. Sooooooo........ and the list they have is from back end october before Bell got smacked for the season.

Lol. Landry Jones/Vick they are both back ups and not Ben and that was my point. (Considering the number of injuries we've had its easy to forget who started what games) Gipper likes to foam at the mouth and reaaaaaally drinks the Browns koolaid. You taking it all in? Reddit has a decent browns sub when you decide to look for another board.

Ha, no your point was that Vick played against the Chiefs, which is wrong.

I'm sure you have plenty of real Stooler boards to go to once you get kicked out of here.

I'm sure you have plenty of real Stooler boards to go to once you get kicked out of here.

Which cant happen fast enough for all of us...

Alright kiddo. My point was made but you can argue potato/pahtato all you want

You only wish they were. You have BR back now......I stick with my prediction that the Steelers go .500 from here on out.

You want to get in on the bet too? I won't make you get banned forever but you can grab yourself a month long IP ban. You know to really get behind your claim. I realize I wouldn't be giving up anything additional.

Edit: if I get Columbus banned (I'd be doing most of you a favor) let's bet a month long IP ban that the steelers finish over .500 from here on out.

if I get Columbus banned (I'd be doing most of you a favor)

Ha, most of who a favor? The other idiots who come on here and don't even know who starts at QB for the team they cheer for? I know I'm not the most liked guy on here, but different opinions/thinking is welcomed because in the end we just want the Browns to win, and a forum where everyone agreed would suck because we would have nothing to talk about.

While you, well you sit here as a stoolers fan spewing bullshit all over the board for no apparent reason.

Ha, most of who a favor? The other idiots who come on here and don't even know who starts at QB for the team they cheer for? I know I'm not the most liked guy on here, but different opinions/thinking is welcomed because in the end we just want the Browns to win, and a forum where everyone agreed would suck because we would have nothing to talk about.

While you, well you sit here as a stoolers fan spewing bullshit all over the board for no apparent reason.

Run with it bro. I forgot which of our qbs started against the chiefs. You GOT me. We've started three different qbs this season. I'm 300% sure I know a shit load more about the NFl. Soak up as much as you can before you get perma banned.

Archived