THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Canton Dawg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same stipulation applies to me as well.

So at about 7-7:30 on the 29th we won't have to hear from you ever again???

How would the stipulation apply to you? We are talking about the Steelers no? I bet they go 4-0 assuming health isn't an issue and if I'm right you leave. No new names, no anything. IP banned. If I'm wrong I leave. IP ban.

How would the stipulation apply to you? We are talking about the Steelers no? I bet they go 4-0 assuming health isn't an issue and if I'm right you leave. No new names, no anything. IP banned. If I'm wrong I leave. IP ban.

You allow too much wiggle room. "Health an issue"? You could claim that health is already an issue with Bell out for the year.

You could claim that if BR is out for one series you are let off the hook because "health was an issue".

No....you both need to define more specific parameters to this bet to make it ironclad.

You allow too much wiggle room. "Health an issue"? You could claim that health is already an issue with Bell out for the year.

You could claim that if BR is out for one series you are let off the hook because "health was an issue".

No....you both need to define more specific parameters to this bet to make it ironclad.

Or just stop being a pussy and stand by the 4-0, injuries or not.

Zombo

Fine. 4-0. No stipulations. IP bans. Can we get this made official zombo?

Sure ... but I will kinda miss ya. Of all the Steeler trolls you at least try and be respectful of where you are sometimes.

Z

Sure ... but I will kinda miss ya. Of all the Steeler trolls you at least try and be respectful of where you are sometimes.

Z

Thanks zombo. I try to be and I too enjoy some of the people on this board, you included. I wouldn't have stuck around this long if I didn't.

Edit: and you won't be missing me. They are going to go 4-0 over that stretch. Are you gonna miss columbusking? Lol

Thanks zombo. I try to be and I too enjoy some of the people on this board, you included. I wouldn't have stuck around this long if I didn't.

Edit: and you won't be missing me. They are going to go 4-0 over that stretch.

Just being totally objective ... they have about a 12% chance of doing that.

But I will let you make one last post after the loss, which is probably a week from Sunday.

Zombo

--I'd rather ban DoucheNozzle and Stinkhole .... but, then again, I guess I can do that anyway.

Just being totally objective ... they have about a 12% chance of doing that.

But I will let you make one last post after the loss, which is probably a week from Sunday.

Zombo

--I'd rather ban DoucheNozzle and Stinkhole .... but, then again, I guess I can do that anyway.

No luck, no manning and Seattle isn't the same and we should have beat the bungles the last time.

The same stipulation applies if fucking Russell Wilson gets hurts, or some one of similar value on any of the teams the steelers play gets hurt.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, Vag.

Luck and Manning weren't exactly tearing up the league.

Seattle is going to start rolling soon, same as last year minus Jimmy Graham, no?

And if you pass that gauntlet, the more-talented Bungles will be fired the hell up for that game, could be their essentual clincher.

It'll be fun.

If you win I will let you go back to your original name.

For a week or so.

Z

Luck and Manning weren't exactly tearing up the league.

Seattle is going to start rolling soon, same as last year minus Jimmy Graham, no?

And if you pass that gauntlet, the more-talented Bungles will be fired the hell up for that game, could be their essentual clincher.

It'll be fun.

If you win I will let you go back to your original name.

For a week or so.

Z

Lol @ original name.

I agree on Manning and Luck. Seattles defense just isn't the same and their offense is far from good. As far as the Bengals are concerned why wouldn't the steelers be up for that game themselves? I also don't believe the Bengals are better but instead the Steelers have been decimated by injuries.

Lol @ original name.

I agree on Manning and Luck. Seattles defense just isn't the same and their offense is far from good. As far as the Bengals are concerned why wouldn't the steelers be up for that game themselves? I also don't believe the Bengals are better but instead the Steelers have been decimated by injuries.

The Bengals were overall better than the Steelers even with BR healthy....not that I am claiming that Dalton is better than BR....just the whole Bengal team is better.

We did, with Vick under center

Fair point.

Though, as I have said elsewhere......no other team will play the poor defensive scheme against BR and Brown that the Browns played. No attempt to put any pressure up the middle at all against a gimpy QB. Covering your best WR with a 2d Safety.

No other opponent you face (except the Browns again at the end of the year) will be as poorly coached defensively as you just faced.

Fair point.

Though, as I have said elsewhere......no other team will play the poor defensive scheme against BR and Brown that the Browns played. No attempt to put any pressure up the middle at all against a gimpy QB. Covering your best WR with a 2d Safety.

No other opponent you face (except the Browns again at the end of the year) will be as poorly coached defensively as you just faced.

You were outmatched in your defensive secondary and that was the difference. Our offensive line is also pretty damn good. Let's be honest if the Browns sold out with the blitz the score likely would have been worse. Ben is probably the best qb gimpy or not under pressure. He also climbed the pocket a couple times without issue. Brown is one of the recievers you don't want to face when sending the farm as well. The tandem of Bryant and Brown could end up being he best in the league. I read an article that the two of them are the fastest tandem in the nfl based on measured speed. Bryant at 6'4 is running at almost 22 mph. They are a match up nightmare. You then have Miller, Williams, throw in the other guys. It's a ridiculous offensive all made more cumbersome when you were without both Haden and Whitner. What defensive secondary WITH Ben has slowed them down?

You were outmatched in your defensive secondary and that was the difference.

Well, we had our two best players on the sideline.....so that helped.

Our offensive line is also pretty damn good.

They are well coached beyond their talent level.

Let's be honest if the Browns sold out with the blitz the score likely would have been worse. Ben is probably the best qb gimpy or not under pressure.

No, that is foolish. Any QB that is being pressured straight up in his face will not perform as well as if he is left alone. The teams that have beaten the Pats have put pressure up the middle on Brady. Same deal here. You put no pressure on BR and he will kill you. Will these guys have some success beating the blitz? Sure.....but they will have more success when you don't pressure them at all.

He also climbed the pocket a couple times without issue. Brown is one of the recievers you don't want to face when sending the farm as well. The tandem of Bryant and Brown could end up being he best in the league. I read an article that the two of them are the fastest tandem in the nfl based on measured speed. Bryant at 6'4 is running at almost 22 mph. They are a match up nightmare. You then have Miller, Williams, throw in the other guys. It's a ridiculous offensive all made more cumbersome when you were without both Haden and Whitner. What defensive secondary WITH Ben has slowed them down?

The Cleveland Browns......last year. 31-10, remember?

Why there was such an incredible difference between that game and this is the quandary.

You were outmatched in your defensive secondary and that was the difference.

Well, we had our two best players on the sideline.....so that helped.

Our offensive line is also pretty damn good.

They are well coached beyond their talent level.

Let's be honest if the Browns sold out with the blitz the score likely would have been worse. Ben is probably the best qb gimpy or not under pressure.

No, that is foolish. Any QB that is being pressured straight up in his face will not perform as well as if he is left alone. The teams that have beaten the Pats have put pressure up the middle on Brady. Same deal here. You put no pressure on BR and he will kill you. Will these guys have some success beating the blitz? Sure.....but they will have more success when you don't pressure them at all.

He also climbed the pocket a couple times without issue. Brown is one of the recievers you don't want to face when sending the farm as well. The tandem of Bryant and Brown could end up being he best in the league. I read an article that the two of them are the fastest tandem in the nfl based on measured speed. Bryant at 6'4 is running at almost 22 mph. They are a match up nightmare. You then have Miller, Williams, throw in the other guys. It's a ridiculous offensive all made more cumbersome when you were without both Haden and Whitner. What defensive secondary WITH Ben has slowed them down?

The Cleveland Browns......last year. 31-10, remember?

Why there was such an incredible difference between that game and this is the quandary.

The line is good. It helps that we have an awesome coach but there are a lot of high draft picks on that line especially when healthy (Pouncey). The 31-10 game was before the offense explosion that took place last season and really that all started when Bryant saw the field. Look at the Steelers offensive numbers for the back half of last season. Bryant didn't play in either of the Browns games.

Ben is fantastic against pressure BUT I agree you are better off send some pressure. Fact is the Browns were forced to drop more in coverage because the defensive secondary was getting eaten alive and our line was picking up the blitz.

All of which brings me to my bet. what defense is slowing the Steeler offense down when healthy? The line is doing its job, Williams has been awesome in Bell's absence. brown is proving to be uncoverable, especially with Ben under center. Bryant is a freak of nature. You then throw in Miller, Wheaton and DHB after the top two and a line that is playing well. It's a tall order for any d in the league AND our defense is vastly improved.

The line is good. It helps that we have an awesome coach but there are a lot of high draft picks on that line especially when healthy (Pouncey). The 31-10 game was before the offense explosion that took place last season and really that all started when Bryant saw the field. Look at the Steelers offensive numbers for the back half of last season. Bryant didn't play in either of the Browns games.

It would not have mattered in that game if he played.....you got your asses handed to you on a plate. A #2 WR would not have changed that.

Ben is fantastic against pressure BUT I agree you are better off send some pressure. Fact is the Browns were forced to drop more in coverage because the defensive secondary was getting eaten alive and our line was picking up the blitz.

The Browns weren't forced to do shit. They did shit because they wanted to do shit. Your line didn't pick up the blitz because little or no blitzing was being done. And the secondary was getting eaten alive even though they did not blitz.

All of which brings me to my bet. what defense is slowing the Steeler offense down when healthy?

Oh, probably any number of defenses.....but the Browns are not one of them.

The line is doing its job, Williams has been awesome in Bell's absence. brown is proving to be uncoverable, especially with Ben under center. Bryant is a freak of nature. You then throw in Miller, Wheaton and DHB after the top two and a line that is playing well. It's a tall order for any d in the league AND our defense is vastly improved.

So, you have repeated this now like 5 times in response to nothing. Quit slobbering over yourself. The Steelers have lost as many games with BR as they have without him.

They have beaten only 1 team with a winning record this year....the Cards.

It would not have mattered in that game if he played.....you got your asses handed to you on a plate. A #2 WR would not have changed that.

The Browns weren't forced to do shit. They did shit because they wanted to do shit. Your line didn't pick up the blitz because little or no blitzing was being done. And the secondary was getting eaten alive even though they did not blitz.

All of which brings me to my bet. what defense is slowing the Steeler offense down when healthy?

Oh, probably any number of defenses.....but the Browns are not one of them.

The line is doing its job, Williams has been awesome in Bell's absence. brown is proving to be uncoverable, especially with Ben under center. Bryant is a freak of nature. You then throw in Miller, Wheaton and DHB after the top two and a line that is playing well. It's a tall order for any d in the league AND our defense is vastly improved.

So, you have repeated this now like 5 times in response to nothing. Quit slobbering over yourself. The Steelers have lost as many games with BR as they have without him.

They have beaten only 1 team with a winning record this year....the Cards.

Bryant isnt just a "number two" he's pretty damn good and the steelers offense woke up soon after that Browns game. Bryant could be the number one on a few teams right now. The Browns being one or them. Brown eats a ton of targets and Bryant is still going off. He missed 4 games this season, look at his stats WITH a qb carosel. The Browns were lucky to play both games so close together. I enjoy debating but you acknowledge so little as valid points its not worth me wasting my time. People chalking the Steelers up as average are hilariously misguided.

Archived