Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

This Week in the AFC North

Last week, the Great Zomboni correctly predicted that, not only would the Steelers lose at home, but that they would only score one touchdown.

The result: Not one Steeler troll on the board this week as far as I have seen.

You're welcome.

This week we start off with a double dip on Thursday Night, with an undefeated team at home against 2-6 team that has lost three straight.

I think the pick here is obvious.

Cleveland at Cincinnati 8:25 PM Thursday Night Football

The Browns have 5 key veteran players out this week, including a Pro Bowl corner, a Pro Bowl safety, the two WRs that started the season on top of the depth chart ... and the starting quarterback. Doesn't matter. Short week, inter-division game, if you don't play the underdog ... you're an idiot. Not only that, but I expect the same type of performance the Browns got the last time Johnny Manziel started: a much needed jolt to the running game, and hitting big plays when they are there. Add to that a bunch of hungry young guys on defense getting their first prime time shot against a soulless QB that can't play at night and you have ... Upset of the Year. BROWNS 20 BUNGLES 16

Oakland at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Why is Oakland so good all of the sudden? Well, because in the past year and a half they drafted Khalil Mack, Derek Carr and Amari Cooper. Why are the Steelers declining so quickly? Because they have not made one impactful draft pick in those two drafts. The tides can turn quickly in the NFL ... don't look now, but Oakland has the better team. RAIDERS 27 STEELERS 23

Baltimore vs. The Bye

Wide receiver tryouts, crack epidemic and a chance of looting. Take the bye, give the points. BYE 31 RAVENS 17

Cleveland @ Cinn:

The Browns meet the Bungles in a Thurs night smash fest. Johnny Manziel, seeking redemption from last seasons debacle, goes to work on the Bungles defense, using his midget status to hide behind Joe Thomas. Being unable to locate him, he holds the ball for an NFL record 3 minutes, giving Dwayne Bowe time to reach the endzone. With all the Bungles trying to find johnny(CBs too), Bowe is left open and Johnny hits him for a 57 yd TD as his first and last Browns catch. The very next series, Dalton is absolutely flattened when Danny Shelton gets a coverage sack, prompting Pettine to pull Shelton and T. Williams, and put in Hughes and Gilbert. With his red head spinning and a game to win on national TV, Dalton marches the team down the field and, at the one yard line, throws a pick to Justin Gilbert, who returns it 99 yds for the clinching TD. After the game, Pettine says nice play, but Bademosi is our guy.

Browns win 14 -13....

Pittspuke vs Oakland:

Yeah. Oaklands better. Stools lose 24-19

Week 8 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 18-9 ...... 3-1 ...... 21-10

Vs. the spread ...... 19-8 ..... 2-1-1 ... 21- 9- 1

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-11.0)

Want to believe... really I do, but there are just too many next men up so best I can do is see us covering.

Prediction: CIN 34 CLE 27

FINAL: CIN 31 CLE 10 - WW/LL

Oakland @ Pittsburgh (-4.0)

Oakland has something going on. Be it on Offense or Defense... they have something going on. They are nowhere near the finished product yet, but you can see the building.

Even at that I would lean towards the Steelers at Heinz, if the Steelers were healthy... but they aren't. Bell going down hurt, but they have an adequate replacement for Bell. The issue is still Ben. He was not himself last week... by a bunch. Don't look for him to rebound for at least one more week.

When Ben has missed multiple games in season, whatever he does in his first game back, he does in his second as well.

Prediction: OAK 24 PTG 20

FINAL: PTG 38 OAK 35 - L/W

Week 9 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 21-10 ... 2-1 .... 23-11

Vs. the spread ..... 21-9-1 .. 1-2 .... 22-11-1

Want to believe... really I do, but there are just too many next men up so best I can do is see us covering.

You have about 3 1/2 hours to change your mind on this otherwise I won't let you in the Tavern tonight :-)

Can a newbie try?

Browns 29

Bungholes 27

In OT

Steelers 31

Raiders 30

In OT

6 Ravens catch Big Ben raping a young lady.

Week 8 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 18-9 ...... 3-1 ...... 21-10

FINAL: CIN 31 CLE 10 - WW/LL

Oakland @ Pittsburgh (-4.0)

Oakland has something going on. Be it on Offense or Defense... they have something going on. They are nowhere near the finished product yet, but you can see the building.

Even at that I would lean towards the Steelers at Heinz, if the Steelers were healthy... but they aren't. Bell going down hurt, but they have an adequate replacement for Bell. The issue is still Ben. He was not himself last week... by a bunch. Don't look for him to rebound for at least one more week.

When Ben has missed multiple games in season, whatever he does in his first game back, he does in his second as well.

Prediction: OAK 24 PTG 20

You have about 3 1/2 hours to change your mind on this otherwise I won't let you in the Tavern tonight :-)

Sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. Glad I was at the club watching the second half collapse. Tour correctly nailed the final score- you owe him an apology, and someone owes me some beers.

Sunshine, rainbows and lollipops. Glad I was at the club watching the second half collapse. Tour correctly nailed the final score- you owe him an apology, and someone owes me some beers.

Glad again that you can be happy that you are predicting Browns losses.. Does that make it more fun for you to say you were right? As for Tour.....he knows full well that I was just messing with him.

Nah... we did not cover... I blame you.

Glad again that you can be happy that you are predicting Browns losses.. Does that make it more fun for you to say you were right? As for Tour.....he knows full well that I was just messing with him.

Mark, I'm not happy at yet another Browns loss. You have to understand the difference between Fandom- and Reality. The reality- as I see it is- the Browns defense sucks donkey balls- especially in the second half. Pettine is an ignoramus if after this night of horrors he doesn't give Manziel the reins for the rest of the year. We may go 0-7, but at least JFF will make it interesting. He has 10X the escapability of McClown, and sure some FTF passes, but he can't help it if his receivers have hands of stone.

Mark, I'm not happy at yet another Browns loss. You have to understand the difference between Fandom- and Reality. The reality- as I see it is- the Browns defense sucks donkey balls- especially in the second half. Pettine is an ignoramus if after this night of horrors he doesn't give Manziel the reins for the rest of the year. We may go 0-7, but at least JFF will make it interesting. He has 10X the escapability of McClown, and sure some FTF passes, but he can't help it if his receivers have hands of stone.

I'm for starting Manziel point forward, but you honestly think Manziel is playing better than Mccown right now?

You are happy...you want to be able to tell everyone how smart you are because you're "realistic" and can predict the Browns will lose and tell us all that they suck every week. Great...that's wonderful for you. But I'd rather have fans like Zombo who are going to always pick the Browns to win no matter how bad it looks. I'll never pick against the Browns, never bet against them. No matter how bad it looks or how bad the team is playing. This is what I do for fun. I've got plenty of reality in my life. You all go ahead and be realistic and think your opinion matters a half a shit with what happens with the team. I'll show up here for entertainment and cheer for the Browns every week that they play knowing full well that it doesn't matter one bit to my daily life or reality.

Why do you pick the Browns to win every week?

I hadn't noticed.

Zombo

One of two reasons: He really doesn't understand the game of football and thinks the Browns are a good team, or it's a completely satirical post.

Or ... your Mom promises to lick my butthole clean every week if I pick the Browns just to piss you off.

Z

I drunk PM'd you for the beers, let me know what you wanna do.

Why do you pick the Browns to win every week?

Why wouldn't a Browns fan pick the Browns to win every week?

dysfunctional org = dysfunctional fans.

nobody is happy with the browns as of yet this year only to say that they are 'your' team.

i have my 'woman' but let me whine, bitch and moan and point out the fact that i 'told her so' everytime she does something wrong and i'd have half of everything i've ever accomplished financially gone and knocking at hoorta's door for a place to crash.

Why wouldn't a Browns fan pick the Browns to win every week?

Blind faith gets nobody anywhere

So if I picked against them they'd be better?

Z

Really? What difference does it make? There's no money to be won in our little pick em contest so why the hell wouldn't I pick the Browns each week?

So if I picked against them they'd be better?

Z

you should try it. picking them to win every week isn't working. :(

You are happy...you want to be able to tell everyone how smart you are because you're "realistic" and can predict the Browns will lose and tell us all that they suck every week. Great...that's wonderful for you. But I'd rather have fans like Zombo who are going to always pick the Browns to win no matter how bad it looks. I'll never pick against the Browns, never bet against them. No matter how bad it looks or how bad the team is playing. This is what I do for fun. I've got plenty of reality in my life. You all go ahead and be realistic and think your opinion matters a half a shit with what happens with the team. I'll show up here for entertainment and cheer for the Browns every week that they play knowing full well that it doesn't matter one bit to my daily life or reality.

Bitter, bitter, frustrated, frustrated. If you don't care about the outcome- then you're not a fan. SO sorry if I do- I'm not involved in this for fun and entertainment.

Sure- if I really wanted to make some money- I suppose I should have put $1,000 on the Bengals to cover. CA-CHING. I could have opened a Vegas hot line- Larry K against the spread- and retired years ago, I'm so damn good at predicting the future. Kindly don't go calling me any less of a fan because I'm just calling it as I see 'em.

It ain't fun Mark, & I'm most definitely NOT HAPPY. I grew up in Cleveland- and the Browns were religion- from as far back as I can remember. If I want entertainment- I can pull out my collection of Star Trek episodes, or a truckload of Concert videos.

Ghoolie has taught me well. if it stinks like a skunk- it's a skunk. Clear the area- I'm detecting yet another foul smell emanating from the shores of Lake Erie.

Mark- my idea of "entertainment" isn't watching my team play like crap,week after week, year after year. It's not entertainment to me tuning in on Sunday wondering how in the hell are we going to find a new and exciting way to lose today. You're a tad younger than me- I'm running out of years fast.

So to take it to the same level- you must really enjoy watching the same crappy movie over and over, for 15 years running. "Groundhog Day" squared.

you should try it. picking them to win every week isn't working. :(

I pick who I think is going to win. That'll never change.

Zombo

Gotta say, Im one of those who thinks we're gonna win every single week.....the ole, "on any given Sunday"....and I ALWAYS think it must be THIS Sunday.....that'll probably never change....

Gotta say, Im one of those who thinks we're gonna win every single week.....the ole, "on any given Sunday"....and I ALWAYS think it must be THIS Sunday.....that'll probably never change....

Eternal optimism, something most Browns fans share.

Or ... your Mom promises to lick my butthole clean every week if I pick the Browns just to piss you off.

Z

It's about routine and getting the job done correctly through experience and the joy of a job well done.

Eternal optimism, something most Browns & Cubs fans share.

At least one of them made the playoffs this year.