THE BROWNS BOARD

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

MLD Woody

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck your conference and fuck your fans.

I got tOSU and I"m good with that.

WHOA the young barely favored (-1.5) BUCKEYES sure put a beat down on OKLAHOMA in Norman last night 45-24.

Did feel a bit bad for Ohio native Bob Stoops getting embarrassed like that but Ohio native Urban is now 19-0 in road games and unreal in everything else. Hey one Ohio coach had to win, glad it was from The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. ;)

Whatever. I'd rather see the Big ten be considered the dominant division in football. I hate Alabama more than Michigan these days. Probably because they've been our bitch for a while.

Alabama is a freaking loaded team again this year, I just dislike Saban because he seems to come off like a dickweed, I don't know he might be a great husband and father ;)

"m" got way down during the Tressel vs LLLLLLoyd years but that is changing back -but- Urban is still king!

The B10 got screwed royal by ND State beating Iowa last week, looks like OSU, m, MST and maybe not much else really.

That's super gay. Ohio State's not even my number 1 team and I'd root for every single college football team save Texas against Michigan. F them.

Haha, why do you hate Michigan?

As far as I know we have no history with A&M. But then again it isn't a very historic program so who knows

Because I like Ohio State and I love a good rivalry. And you guys are a bunch of goodie two shoes liberal fags, which wouldn't be a big deal, except that you guys are complete snobs about it.

Mjp, I always think it's hilariously ironic when Ohio State fans say Saban's a dick. Not that Saban's not, but have you guys seen Urban Meyer lately? My friend was on the team during the Tressell-Meyer transition and the stories I could tell you would probably make you cringe. That's not to say he's not a great coach. I hope he's in Columbus for a long time, but the guy is an ahole.

Whatever. I'd rather see the Big ten be considered the dominant division in football. I hate Alabama more than Michigan these days. Probably because they've been our bitch for a while.

I don't tend to hate teams that have been my bitch but whatever floats your boat man.

I'm glad someone has the balls to admit your second sentence.

What? That I'm tired of the nation gobbling Alabama cock? Fuck them. We beat them in 2014 and they got lucky they played sparty last year. Sparty? Please. Everyone knows they didn't face the best, or even the second best, in the B1G, despite what the record says. Sparty got lucky as Fuck in conference games last year. Fluke win against Michigan (even though I loved it) and OSU really beat themselves, but did the national media care? gobble gobble gobble Alabama beat sparty how great are they? Bama still might have won, but there's no way they blank either OSU or Michigan. Either would have been a dogfight at the least

Saban is a slimey asshole

Meyer is a slimey asshole

OSU lost to MSU's backup and 3rd string QB in Columbus. Fluke or not, they need to win that game to be in the playoffs. I would blame Meyer for dicking around with the QB most of the season.

I don't worry about it because we won the 1st ever cfb playoffs. The last time Michigan won jack was before the BCS era. And before that the last time they won world war 2 wasn't a thing yet.

Because I like Ohio State and I love a good rivalry. And you guys are a bunch of goodie two shoes liberal fags, which wouldn't be a big deal, except that you guys are complete snobs about it.

Mjp, I always think it's hilariously ironic when Ohio State fans say Saban's a dick. Not that Saban's not, but have you guys seen Urban Meyer lately? My friend was on the team during the Tressell-Meyer transition and the stories I could tell you would probably make you cringe. That's not to say he's not a great coach. I hope he's in Columbus for a long time, but the guy is an ahole.

I don't know if Saban is a dick....but I do wonder why he is so succesful in the SEC, when he couldn't hack it in the Big Ten with Michigan St.

I don't worry about it because we won the 1st ever cfb playoffs. The last time Michigan won jack was before the BCS era. And before that the last time they won world war 2 wasn't a thing yet.

Actually, I think Michigan's last national titles were in 1997 and before that 1948....so WWII was a thing just over.

Well I do personally know Tress and yes I know true stories about Maurice and that @#/% Pryor and a whole bunch more but that would take about 50 pages here, oh one of my 4 brothers taught at YSU for about 30 years, my Alma Mater undergraduate and grad....Tress is the president there now and doing excellent job of shaking down...errr make that awesome mega fund raising. He also got Youngstown native Bo Pelini to come back to run the football program as HC (Nebraska owed him about $7+M payable at over $100,000+/MO until paid off, he forgo all his YSU bonuses to sign top notch assistants). Enough said for now.

And being a HC at a super football factory like ALA, OSU, ND, LSU, TEX, USC, "m" you name it is a super high pressure win now, 24/7, 365 recruiting, take no prisoners, (fight) kiss ass with boosters, press, media and more some of these guys come off as aloof nasty aholes.

Strange though if they win they're loved by their fans and thoroughly hated by their rivals and even some casual fans....just the way it goes. (and why they make $4, 5, 6, 7+M plus perks, oh that goes for football and hoops)

I'd rather be just a plain ol' CEO at some xyz company making more with way less pressure ;)

In case you don't believe me about the business of big time football and how sweet it can be.....well for the elite, READ ON:

LINCOLN — Bo Pelini’s base salary and marketing compensation from Youngstown State will decrease the Nebraska buyout payments to the former Husker football coach by $21,991 per month.

Starting with May, NU will be paying Pelini monthly installments of $128,009 through February 2019, according to information provided to The World-Herald through an open-records request.

Nebraska was able to agree to final terms with Pelini after he recently signed his four-year contract with Youngstown State, which will pay him $213,894 annually. Pelini made $3,075,000 in his final year at Nebraska.

“At this point, all parties are glad to have this resolved,” said David Witty, NU’s senior associate athletic director, marketing and communications. “Everyone can now go forward in their endeavors.”

All told, the Nebraska buyout will cover almost $6.54 million for Pelini, who was fired Nov. 30 after seven seasons as the Huskers’ head coach. NU would have owed around $7.9 million before calculating the mitigated earnings, which Athletic Director Shawn Eichorst previously said would come from department reserves.

Nebraska had been paying Pelini $150,000 monthly since his dismissal, as required by terms of his contract. NU will pay him $51,519 for April after adjusting for income already earned at Youngstown State, where he was hired on Dec. 16.

The $21,991 deducted per month comes from a combination of $17,824 in base salary and $4,167 in marketing compensation at Youngstown State. The marketing compensation, for $50,000 annually, covers television and radio, speaking engagements and sponsorships.

Should Pelini’s compensation change during the term of the agreement — either at YSU or elsewhere — Pelini is to inform Nebraska within 30 days and the university would adjust the remaining payments accordingly.

The agreement is signed by Pelini and John Jentz, NU senior associate athletic director/chief financial officer.

Pelini went 67-27 at NU, replacing Bill Callahan after the Huskers had gone 27-22 and twice missed bowl games over the previous four seasons.

What? That I'm tired of the nation gobbling Alabama cock? Fuck them. We beat them in 2014 and they got lucky they played sparty last year. Sparty? Please. Everyone knows they didn't face the best, or even the second best, in the B1G, despite what the record says. Sparty got lucky as Fuck in conference games last year. Fluke win against Michigan (even though I loved it) and OSU really beat themselves, but did the national media care? gobble gobble gobble Alabama beat sparty how great are they? Bama still might have won, but there's no way they blank either OSU or Michigan. Either would have been a dogfight at the least

You're one of those guys that hates the Patriots, aren't you?

I agree it would have been a much better game had Ohio State made it, but it's not Alabama's fault they didn't. Woody's right that Meyer flubbed the QB situation.

You're one of those guys that hates the Patriots, aren't you?

I agree it would have been a much better game had Ohio State made it, but it's not Alabama's fault they didn't. Woody's right that Meyer flubbed the QB situation.

Who hates the beloved Patriots? (only everyone west of Foxborough, Massachusetts :lol: )

Maybe because Belichick makes it an open game of squeezing or outright cheating at the rules every chance he gets, I think he likes it. I'd hate to play checkers with the guy.

Actually I liked the Patriots. .....well when they were the Boston Patriots. :lol:

Liked that Cookie Gilchrist.

Alright. Well Michigan had nothing to do with the previous posts but whatever makes you feel better.

Well I do personally know Tress and yes I know true stories about Maurice and that @#/% Pryor and a whole bunch more but that would take about 50 pages here, oh one of my 4 brothers taught at YSU for about 30 years, my Alma Mater undergraduate and grad....Tress is the president there now and doing excellent job of shaking down...errr make that awesome mega fund raising. He also got Youngstown native Bo Pelini to come back to run the football program as HC (Nebraska owed him about $7+M payable at over $100,000+/MO until paid off, he forgo all his YSU bonuses to sign top notch assistants). Enough said for now.

And being a HC at a super football factory like ALA, OSU, ND, LSU, TEX, USC, "m" you name it is a super high pressure win now, 24/7, 365 recruiting, take no prisoners, (fight) kiss ass with boosters, press, media and more some of these guys come off as aloof nasty aholes.

Strange though if they win they're loved by their fans and thoroughly hated by their rivals and even some casual fans....just the way it goes. (and why they make $4, 5, 6, 7+M plus perks, oh that goes for football and hoops)

I'd rather be just a plain ol' CEO at some xyz company making more with way less pressure ;)

Tressel would talk about making real men with a bible in his hand in one breath and rig raffles, lie to the NCAA, a get cars for Pryor in the next

Tressel would talk about making real men with a bible in his hand in one breath and rig raffles, lie to the NCAA, a get cars for Pryor in the next

It did NOT go down exactly like that with the freaking boosters always trying to get involved with players every chance they can, Pryor was way out of any control as a privileged dumb ass loose cannon (oh his taunting call Sunday fair or not cost the BROWNS a 1st and goal at the 10 and the game?) and remember "tats for brats and trinkets for cash" all Pryor and WAY more -but- when you're at the top "stuff" tends to roll up hill and you can get the axe.

But that's the incomplete Cliff Notes version many people prefer to run with. I like the ESPN big two hour espose, they listed his town as Youngstown, PA. and never bothered to correct it, oh well.

Look at Gary Moeller for just one random example, an unfortunate incident can get you booted out quick at a big university.

Archived