THE BROWNS BOARD

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

MLD Woody

Tressel lied to the NCAA. Just saying. It all worked out for Osu though.

Youngstown Boys was the documentary, right? SI wrote a piece tearing tressel apart too.

That is always the biggest thing it's the attempt at covering up whatever has already happened that becomes much worse at times than the original allegations.

Multimillionaire Martha Stewart doesn't do time in a WVA prison if she doesn't try to cover up some petty insider stock BS and on and on those things can go. Now they have rapid response protocols everywhere and lawyers that specialize in putting out these fires fast.

And nothing worked out "OK" for OSU they went through a lot of time, expense, embarrassment, aggrevation, plus the NCAA breathing down on you on this whole deal. And it's never "OK" really when people have to be fired, fair or not.

Oh and the press loves to tear into things, it's what they do. :)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OSU had one down year then Meyer fell into their lap. If they were so embarrassed they wouldn't have paraded Tressel around the stadium in a welcome back celebration after he stepped down

I think you're using a phrase that isn't correct here. When you are one of the top programs in the country the very best coaches WANT to be apart of that type of flagship. Bowling Green had Meyer fall into their lap, that would be a better analogy. The Patriots had a HoF fall into their lap with a late round pick. See where I'm going with this...?

Also, aside from the NCAA bit, Tressel was a heck of a guy. I tend to not 'want' to hold one mistake above somebody's head as what determines someones reputation for life. Unless it's something like... rape or murder, etc etc.

What Coach did at tOSU, with young people on the team and in the community is something to be proud of. He loved his players and vice versa, so... yeah, he's going to get a well deserved shoulder hoist. Lloyd Carr was in the same mold in regards to the involvement in his community and his players, thus received a similar treatment when you guys beat Florida in the Capital One bowl. Celebrated and well deserved.

Tressel lied to the NCAA. Just saying. It all worked out for Osu though.

Youngstown Boys was the documentary, right? SI wrote a piece tearing tressel apart too.

And yet, it is Michigan that commits massive corruption. Grade cheating, covering up sexual assaults. Nothing Tressel ever did was ever as bad as the many corrupt aspects of Michigan's athletic program.

Tressel was your coach. Your current coach had a team of convicts at UF (but seems to be pretty clean so far). I don't think you can drag us down to that level.

But between theSEC homer and the OSU fans on this board, you'll probably try. I apologize now if I don't respond to everything.

Right, Meyer did not "fall into Ohio State's lap". Lets start with the fact that he is from Ohio. Any coach from this state would want to coach for Ohio State.....which means....and here is a clue for you: Bo Schembechler, given the choice, would have preferred to coach OSU than Michigan. He is from Ohio, went to college in Ohio, coached in Ohio.

He took the job at Michigan because the Ohio State job was already being held by his mentor Woody Hayes. Woody encouraged him to take the job. He was ready for a HC job and Michigan's was available. Michigan is lucky in a sense. If they did not have a job opening Bo would likely have gone elsewhere, like Illinois, or Wisconsin, or Michigan St.

And as for Meyer, he is from Ashtabula, went to Cincinnati, coached at St. X in Cinci, was an asst. coach at OSU, (but left for elsewhere when John Cooper came here). All Ohio based.

Lololololololol. Oh man. You're funny.

You've debated me before that Akrons engineering program was as good as Michigas... I don't even want to know where you'll try to take this

Yes, sychophant laugh at their own corruption.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cheating-is-the-michigan-way-jim-harbaugh-commits-multiple-ncaa-violations-sanctions-pending.317959/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Michigan_basketball_scandal

http://deadspin.com/former-michigan-kicker-expelled-for-sexual-misconduct-1511488287

Michigan would be a fair fit in the SEC with equal amount of corruption

Tressel was your coach. Your current coach had a team of convicts at UF (but seems to be pretty clean so far). I don't think you can drag us down to that level.

But between theSEC homer and the OSU fans on this board, you'll probably try. I apologize now if I don't respond to everything.

Your apology for the Michigan corruption, while not accepted, is appreciated....since you personally had nothing to do with it.

Right, Meyer did not "fall into Ohio State's lap". Lets start with the fact that he is from Ohio. Any coach from this state would want to coach for Ohio State.....which means....and here is a clue for you: Bo Schembechler, given the choice, would have preferred to coach OSU than Michigan. He is from Ohio, went to college in Ohio, coached in Ohio.

He took the job at Michigan because the Ohio State job was already being held by his mentor Woody Hayes. Woody encouraged him to take the job. He was ready for a HC job and Michigan's was available. Michigan is lucky in a sense. If they did not have a job opening Bo would likely have gone elsewhere, like Illinois, or Wisconsin, or Michigan St.

And as for Meyer, he is from Ashtabula, went to Cincinnati, coached at St. X in Cinci, was an asst. coach at OSU, (but left for elsewhere when John Cooper came here). All Ohio based.

This post literally just made my point.

It was fortunate you had an opening (unfortunate at the time). Otherwise Tressel would still be there.

Meyer fell into your lap because he just happened to get a headache at UF right when Tressel just happened to have to resign because of the NCAA thing. That's pretty fortunate.

4 secondary violations, the fab five, and a player we booted out of the program for sexual misconduct.

Very damning indeed...

This post literally just made my point.

It was fortunate you had an opening (unfortunate at the time). Otherwise Tressel would still be there.

Meyer fell into your lap because he just happened to get a headache at UF right when Tressel just happened to have to resign because of the NCAA thing. That's pretty fortunate.

Not sure it was coincidental. When it appeared that Tressel would not be staying at OSU, he may have manipulated it so that he would no longer be coaching at Florida...and be available to take the OSU job.

4 secondary violations, the fab five, and a player we booted out of the program for sexual misconduct.

Very damning indeed...

Typical. You want to coverup the coverup.

Overt cheating scandals. Overt coverup vs. Tressel not ratting on his players.

Yes, all technically violations. Tressel's was just bad judgment by not telling the full truth (not actual cheating...just not in compliance)

Michigan's were premeditated attempts to cheat.

I love the "he was just protecting his players. It was 'bad judgement by not telling the truth'.

He lied to the NCAA.

The Fab Five was before anynif these guys were at their schools, and the university dealt with it accordingly

Read up on the secondary violations and get back to me

Gibbons was kicked from the team when the school felt he was guilty (and out of the school) not even a court of law. Unless you believe we tried to cover up the take of a shitty freshman kicker

Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

I love the "he was just protecting his players. It was 'bad judgement by not telling the truth'.

He lied to the NCAA.

So, big fucking deal. That is only a big deal because the NCAA wants you to do their job for them, and they make it a big deal.

TUN's cheating was cheating.

The Fab Five was before anynif these guys were at their schools, and the university dealt with it accordingly

Everything we are talking about here is some time in the past....and the schools dealt with it accordingly.

Read up on the secondary violations and get back to me

Yea, its called cheating. The initial cheat was premeditated.

Gibbons was kicked from the team when the school felt he was guilty (and out of the school) not even a court of law. Unless you believe we tried to cover up the take of a shitty freshman kicker

Just another string of Michigan's bad behavior....for which you are making excuse after excuse after excuse.

I am not making an excuse for Tressel lying. He should not have done it.

Nothing. A&M likes to brag about how much more moral it is than its competitors too (not anywhere near the degree of queerness as you though, to be sure). But hey, I'm sure you'll be the first program in decades to win a national championship while running a totally clean program. Lol. Delusional.

Oh, I just thought they likes running off top QBs

I'm done with you on the supposed corruptness of michigan Gipper. I should have known better. Usually the younger OSU fans are the worst, but it appears you're even more stubborn. You're bringing out tweets that are secondary violations and acting like its a smoking gun. Nothing I post can change that so I won't waste any more of my time. We've gone down this path with academics when you were clearly wrong, and we're about to do it again.

He never said anything about mental health. Chest pains from stress I believe.

The most recent interview with him discussed his mental health issues. I thought that's what spurred it.

Either way, it's leading back to a series of fortunate events that got Meyer to OSU. That's my point.

Archived