THE BROWNS BOARD

Obammy takes over GM

Uh huh.

Saying Obama destroyed GM is like saying Crennel destroyed Derek Anderson. Some things just come broke, bro.

The comparison would be closer to a team owner (who really doesn't know anything about football) f*cking things up by overriding the head coach.

Mike Brown?

Take the cuffs off and let 'em play the game.

WSS

The comparison would be closer to a team owner (who really doesn't know anything about football) f*cking things up by overriding the head coach.

Mike Brown?

WSS

No this is more like when a defaulting creditor applys for a new loan and the bank underwriter asks for a more credit worthy cosigner in order to brings some level of responsible decision making and financial acumen. Wagner did not exactly execute the best forward thinking planning like say TOYOTA AND HONDA..... like legacy stated earlier

Nothing to do with the existence of Hummer, Saturn, and the fact that every single one of their sedan's looked like an American sedan - and completely the same - until about a year ago.

Stan should be worried, he may not be making $ enough to suit Obammy, so Obammy may

force Stan out, and take over the Brownsboard...

The Obammy Brownshirt Board? Nasty Obammy rumor and propaganda for today... @@

Mike Brown?

WSS

You're insinuating GM was doing fine until the "meddling owner" came along? That simply is not true

I am not agreeing with what is happening, but what do you suggest GM do?

File for structured bankruptcy about 8 months ago. I may be wrong, but I believe that pensions are now federally guaranteed (after Steel Union debacle of early 90's). And I also have never bought the argument that 'no one' would buy their card b/c of bankruptcy. If anything a structured bankruptcy should give the consumer more confidence that the company will be around for the long haul. GM is trading @2.78???! Are you kidding me, if anyone truly thought that GM was going to survive, then this would be the deal of a lifetime for the long haul. But no one is buying b/c it doesn't matter who their GM is; the company itself is just not looked upon as viable right now.

File for structured bankruptcy about 8 months ago. I may be wrong, but I believe that pensions are now federally guaranteed (after Steel Union debacle of early 90's). And I also have never bought the argument that 'no one' would buy their card b/c of bankruptcy. If anything a structured bankruptcy should give the consumer more confidence that the company will be around for the long haul. GM is trading @2.78???! Are you kidding me, if anyone truly thought that GM was going to survive, then this would be the deal of a lifetime for the long haul. But no one is buying b/c it doesn't matter who their GM is; the company itself is just not looked upon as viable right now.

8 months too long. I agree, this should of been taken care of 8 months ago...

I know $2.78! This should of been taken care of with the Delphi situation, this was a long time coming. I think consumer confidence would fall with a bankruptcy, I know if shouldn't, but that word is taboo with the public right now. Could be wrong.

8 months too long. I agree, this should of been taken care of 8 months ago...

I know $2.78! This should of been taken care of with the Delphi situation, this was a long time coming. I think consumer confidence would fall with a bankruptcy, I know if shouldn't, but that word is taboo with the public right now. Could be wrong.

At present time you're probably right with public perception and BK. 8 months ago, had it been explained and just taken care of (Image-Ripping band-aid of infected scab) the public would have most likely been "ok". And think about it; 8 months ago most of America wouldn't have known shtt, their heads were in the sand and the smoke n mirrors would have been much easier to pull off.

At present time you're probably right with public perception and BK. 8 months ago, had it been explained and just taken care of (Image-Ripping band-aid of infected scab) the public would have most likely been "ok". And think about it; 8 months ago most of America wouldn't have known shtt, their heads were in the sand and the smoke n mirrors would have been much easier to pull off.

Agreed, the public would have been most likely ok with it. But with all the complaining on the board about who didn't do this (well I really didn't hear someone jab at Bush or Congress for not taking care of this 8 months ago) and who is doing that, not one individual has a real solution, NOW. I'll be honest, I don't have one. That is why I am asking the question. If I am ever sure about making this statement, it's now, this is not Obama's fault.

Agreed, the public would have been most likely ok with it. But with all the complaining on the board about who didn't do this (well I really didn't hear someone jab at Bush or Congress for not taking care of this 8 months ago) and who is doing that, not one individual has a real solution, NOW. I'll be honest, I don't have one. That is why I am asking the question. If I am ever sure about making this statement, it's now, this is not Obama's fault.

Agreed this is not Obama's fault. But Bush and Congress' were working close with President elect once it happened to make sure they were all on the same page. So I think it is one of those thing where it is really no one's fault and everyone is culpable at the same time.

As far has what to do now?, no idea. In full disclosure I will say that I just heard this on Rush, BUT please don't run with the political side b/c of who said it: His question was whether it is time to let a car guy run the car companies (Wagner was a finance guy, not a car guy)? I think that is a fair question; does the CEO of a car company necessarily need to have a "passion" for cars?

Agreed this is not Obama's fault. But Bush and Congress' were working close with President elect once it happened to make sure they were all on the same page. So I think it is one of those thing where it is really no one's fault and everyone is culpable at the same time.

As far has what to do now?, no idea. In full disclosure I will say that I just heard this on Rush, BUT please don't run with the political side b/c of who said it: His question was whether it is time to let a car guy run the car companies (Wagner was a finance guy, not a car guy)? I think that is a fair question; does the CEO of a car company necessarily need to have a "passion" for cars?

Did he really say that? Isn't the Car Czar what Obama proposed, could be wrong here? Where is Lee Iacocca when we need him. Not a bad idea for Rush if he didn't steal it, lol. Dude must be on the vics again, cause he can only remember what has happened for the last 90 days.

Did he really say that? Isn't the Car Czar what Obama proposed, could be wrong here? Where is Lee Iacocca when we need him. Not a bad idea for Rush if he didn't steal it, lol. Dude must be on the vics again, cause he can only remember what has happened for the last 90 days.

Yea but it was never defined what a qualifications a Car Czar would need; and honestly I think whoever eventually gets it will most likely be more finance then 'car guy'. This is an opinion that unfortunately is shared by both sides of the aisle in Congress. They (meaning everyone for those who are undoubtedly going to peg me a right wing shill) only seem to trust 'financially' thinking minds instead of the people who actually know the product.

You're insinuating GM was doing fine until the "meddling owner" came along? That simply is not true

Hell no.

They've been struggling all along under the union contracts and regulations and yep, health costs.

Obammy didn't cause the problem but his lib allies made it worse over the years.

And I don't wan't Bush running GM any more tan the empty suit.

WSS

Archived