THE BROWNS BOARD

OMG, we gave up 193 rushing yards!!!

WPB Dawg Fan

Listen, for those trying to say the RUSH DEFENSE was the primary reason for our loss...I have for you the same issues that I have pointed out for the ENTIRE SEASON!!!

On the first 15 carries the Ravens totaled 15 yards. Did you get that? 15 yards on 15 carries!!! They then got a big run at the end of the half and ended up with 59 yards on 18 carries. Still, only a 3.3 y/c for the first half. I will take that every time!!!

In the first half of the game the D had 5 stuffs (0 or less) in 18 carries, and 11 of 18 carries were for 2 yards or less. That is DOMINATING!!!

Then...in the first 2 drives of the 3rd Q....the Ravens went 3 and out!!! 2 carries for 7 yards. Still doing great!!!

That is when it started going downhill They got ripped on a 60 yarder and 2 other big runs in totaling 29 more. OK, they got worn down and lost it at the end...and that is not acceptable...but to say it was the CAUSE of our loss is to be ignoring the reality.

The defense gave up a total of 13 points on drives starting on the Ravens side of the 50!!! That is solid. Of the other points, they were scored on drives of 47, 19, 42, and an INT for TD. So, when drives start in YOUR territory....who's fault is that? 14 points off of turnovers??? Is that the D?

Come on...the main problem on this club is still the offense...and it continues to put the D in unwinnable situations.

Listen, for those trying to say the RUSH DEFENSE was the primary reason for our loss...I have for you the same issues that I have pointed out for the ENTIRE SEASON!!!

On the first 15 carries the Ravens totaled 15 yards. Did you get that? 15 yards on 15 carries!!! They then got a big run at the end of the half and ended up with 59 yards on 18 carries. Still, only a 3.3 y/c for the first half. I will take that every time!!!

In the first half of the game the D had 5 stuffs (0 or less) in 18 carries, and 11 of 18 carries were for 2 yards or less. That is DOMINATING!!!

Then...in the first 2 drives of the 3rd Q....the Ravens went 3 and out!!! 2 carries for 7 yards. Still doing great!!!

That is when it started going downhill They got ripped on a 60 yarder and 2 other big runs in totaling 29 more. OK, they got worn down and lost it at the end...and that is not acceptable...but to say it was the CAUSE of our loss is to be ignoring the reality.

The defense gave up a total of 13 points on drives starting on the Ravens side of the 50!!! That is solid. Of the other points, they were scored on drives of 47, 19, 42, and an INT for TD. So, when drives start in YOUR territory....who's fault is that? 14 points off of turnovers??? Is that the D?

Come on...the main problem on this club is still the offense...and it continues to put the D in unwinnable situations.

You make some good points but still the bottom line is the Browns offense did do the job yesterday and gave the defense a 14 point lead at home mid-way through the 3rd quarter and the defense completely gave it back. I mean let's be honest here while the Ravens offense is a lot improved this year Joe Flacco is still not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and the Browns defense clearly let him make too many big plays in the game in the 2nd half yesterday that allowed the Ravens to win the game. Jason Wright's TD should have been challenged because it definitely wouldnt have counted because his knee was clearly down before the ball crossed. The big play of the game was the Flacco 3rd and I think 15 completion to Derek Mason which kind of got the Ravens offense in rythem and allowed them to score and gain some confidence for the rest of the game. The defense cant play good in spurts and expect to win either like you mentioned here with all these stats. They did do a good job holding down the Ravens run attack for awhile, but still in the end big runs and big plays still count and the Browns defense gave them up at the wrong times of the game.

Really? The offense did it's job? Really?

7 pts on a Kickoff Return

7 pts on a 30 yd drive (return game again)

7 pts for Baltimore on INT.

7 pts for Baltimore following a Fumble.

Sure, I guess they did OK!!! NOT!!!

Let's not forget the 4 straight 3 and outs that occurred before the INT that sealed it either.

Really? The offense did it's job? Really?

7 pts on a Kickoff Return

7 pts on a 30 yd drive (return game again)

7 pts for Baltimore on INT.

7 pts for Baltimore following a Fumble.

Sure, I guess they did OK!!! NOT!!!

Let's not forget the 4 straight 3 and outs that occurred before the INT that sealed it either.

Yea but they battled back down 10 early on to tie the game at 13-13 at the half and I know that was mainly because of the Cribbs TD still they were able to tie the game at 13-13. Then, in the 2nd half they scored two TD's on the first two possessions of the half. I dont care if the drive was 30 yards set up by Cribbs return the bottom line is they punched the ball in and made it 27-13. Good teams and really good defenses dont blow 14 point leads at home to a Ravens offense that the Browns D at that point in the game had on the ropes and kept allowing them to make big play after big play. Say what you want about those stats but the bottom line is the Browns offense scored two TD's to start the 2nd half and gave the their defense a 14 point lead in their own building and the Browns defense failed to hold that lead. Once again good teams and good defenses DONT BLOW 14 POINT LEADS AT HOME....

The defense choked John. Can't let them off the hook.

Jackson overpursuing the hole on the huge run was awful. The guard assigned to him didn't even have to block him, just get in his way. Jackson took himself out of that play by overpursuing. Horrid.

3rd and 16 and we rush 3? Against an immobile, rookie QB with a strong arm? In that situation, you bring pressure. Horrid call.

Bottom line, if your defense is handed a 14 point lead halfway throught the 3rd quarter they have to hold it. Our defense didn't. It hasn't arrived yet.

That said, no one felt our D would be this team's strength so it wasn't all that surprising.

However, not holding the offense accountable is equally silly. BE has to catch that pass. DA can not throw that pick. Chud has to make better in game adjustments in his playcalling and realize where the defense's weaknesses lie (Baltimore's secondary).

This was a team loss. A horrid, inexcusable team loss. Primary fault? Has to be coaching. Our team doesn't play confident. Doesn't play professional. Good teams do not implode at home like ours did yesterday.

Ouch.

This was a team loss. A horrid, inexcusable team loss. Primary fault? Has to be coaching. Our team doesn't play confident. Doesn't play professional. Good teams do not implode at home like ours did yesterday.

Ouch.

You nailed it bro. Get rid of the weak f--king turd ass loser in charge. Yes, Lerner, since he wont fire Savage who won't fire Romeo who doesnt even have enough VAGINA to take DA out of a game or call anything but a prevent on third and long.

Ouch.

You nailed it bro. Get rid of the weak f--king turd ass loser in charge. Yes, Lerner, since he wont fire Savage who won't fire Romeo who doesnt even have enough VAGINA to take DA out of a game or call anything but a prevent on third and long.

Savage CAN'T fire RAC....that is the crux of a lot of our issues. The way our FO is set up is just plain stupid. If you remember Savage wanted to fire RAC a couple years back but his contract wouldn't allow for it....so the only way Savage gets rid of RAC is if LERNER does it...and the only way that happens is if we SUCK...and the best way to do that is to have DA QB....(OK, that was a cheap shot)...but I still think that Savage is in control of having DA as the QB...he wins if he sucks (gets rid of RAC) and he wins if DA does well (he looks like a genius for keeping him).

Anyway, if you noticed on my other thread I called this a TEAM loss...and yes I mentioned DJ's bad play on the run...and I also mentioned McDonald giving too much cushion to a posession WR...but to sit here and cry about a rush D that did quite well until the 3 and outs started up in the 3rd Q...they stuffed the run on all but 4 plays all game...but unfortunately those 4 plays led to 14 points...and then DA gave them 7 more.

WPB, I'm with you on this one. I can't blame this loss on the Defense. And those that say the Defense 'sucked' and 'gave Baltimore the win' are ignoring a few key things. That Defense was worn down, they were on the field a ton, and the Offense did NOTHING to help them out. When it started getting down to crunch time, the Offense went 5 straight possessions, FIVE POSSESSIONS without a first down. That was part of the 3rd, and most of the 4th quarters. The Defense barely got off the field and they had to head right back on. . . 5 straight times!!!

Look at Time of Possession. . . after the Browns 2nd TD in the 3rd quarter when they were now up by 14. . . Baltimore took the ball. Time of Possession for the rest of the game was 16:18 for Baltimore, 7:29 for Cleveland. Really??? Can't you just get ONE or TWO first downs there????

This wasn't a all-pro performance by the Defense by any means, but they were getting NO help from the Offense (Chud, DA, and Edwards). Lewis wasn't stellar, but I blame that on Chud for being so predictable in the 2nd half.

That Defense was worn down, they were on the field a ton, and the Offense did NOTHING to help them out.

Oh poor defense, they had to play football, on the field, during the game.

As if a 14 point lead with 2 mins left in the 3rd qtr against a rookie QB wasn't enough "help".

ANYBODY who thinks the defense didn't fold like a cheap suit is out to lunch here. Romeo flat out said it. And if all you geniuses in here with one thing on your mind for the last 2 seasons (Brady Quinn Naked) think you know jack shit compared to RAC, you'd be mistaken.

WPB, being a Browns fan, it has been a looong time since you've seen a GOOD defense, so I understand that you have seem to have forgotten what a GOOD NFL defense looks like.

A GOOD NFL defense controls games REGARDLESS of what their offense does. They stuff the run ALL THE TIME, they limit big plays, and most importantly, they get the frick off the field on 3rd down.

GOOD NFL defense????? HARDLY.

WPB, being a Browns fan, it has been a looong time since you've seen a GOOD defense, so I understand that you have seem to have forgotten what a GOOD NFL defense looks like.

A GOOD NFL defense controls games REGARDLESS of what their offense does. They stuff the run ALL THE TIME, they limit big plays, and most importantly, they get the frick off the field on 3rd down.

GOOD NFL defense????? HARDLY.

We are a SOLID defense...not a GOOD defense. If you are comparing us to say Baltimore or Pittsburgh...no, we are not there....but I would say we are in the top half of the league...which SHOULD have been enough for us to be in the playoffs this year....but instead we get an offense that is....well...OFFENSIVE! I am not sure, but I think we lead the league in points given up by the offense!!!

I think that WPB and greythan both are pretty close to the truth.

WE CANT run the ball. That causes us to get off the field and not be able to sustain a drive long enough to give our D a beak. Fatigue.

Steinbach going down pretty closely coincided with our collapse, it was too much. We are already missing Tucker and Vickers so Steinbach going out I believe was at the worst time.

Guest ATENEARS
The defense choked John. Can't let them off the hook.

Jackson overpursuing the hole on the huge run was awful. The guard assigned to him didn't even have to block him, just get in his way. Jackson took himself out of that play by overpursuing. Horrid.

3rd and 16 and we rush 3? Against an immobile, rookie QB with a strong arm? In that situation, you bring pressure. Horrid call.

Bottom line, if your defense is handed a 14 point lead halfway throught the 3rd quarter they have to hold it. Our defense didn't. It hasn't arrived yet.

That said, no one felt our D would be this team's strength so it wasn't all that surprising.

However, not holding the offense accountable is equally silly. BE has to catch that pass. DA can not throw that pick. Chud has to make better in game adjustments in his playcalling and realize where the defense's weaknesses lie (Baltimore's secondary).

Ouch.

Very good post. I agree 100% ... only adding that out Line and running game need to make something happen and help move the chains at least once in that second half and help support the lead. Our defensive secondary plays scared and is as inconsistient as any other area.

So what is the excuse now for our SOLID defense?? I can't believe that anyone who has ever played the game at any level would think that our defense is anything but terrible........................What a friggen joke Crennel's defense is, and always has been in Cleveland. We'll never win with RAC's defense on the field...................EVER!

Archived